ANC exposing overhyped overpaid players!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

nakson wrote:Paul Scholes and Roy Keane one of the best in the world, pls give me a break.

Paul Scholes is an attacking midfielder, Let's compare him to the likes of

Okocha
Ronaldinho
Aimar
Zidane
costa
Rivaldo
Diego
Ricardinho
Ballack
Aside from Zidane, i'll pick Paul Scholes ahead of any of those players anyday, anytime and thrice on Sunday; no frills, businesslike, highly disciplined playa; you hardly ever hear him get into any disciplinary problems be it with club or country. He lets his footy do the talking; the day United lose him is the day before their fortunes start going down;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ikeo
Egg
Egg

Post by ikeo »

Scholes is simply the most underrated player in the world. If he were on the Nigerian team, I wouldn't even be on this site now, I'd be asleep dreaming of lifting the cup

IK
khalela

Post by khalela »

I think that Scholes,Lampard and Gerrard are not overhyped.Though for Gerrard's case,I think injury is about to ruin his career.
Ferdinand.Ha!I think the guy believed his own publicity.
Shearer-even if overhyped is still scoring consistently since retiring from the National team.There a few strikers that can continue like that.After all,at the moment,his tally equals that of RVN and Henry,arguably the 2 best strikers in EPL.
Owen-I think he got exposed too early and Liverpool mediocrity mind is closing him in.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

theYemster wrote:
nakson wrote:Paul Scholes and Roy Keane one of the best in the world, pls give me a break.

Paul Scholes is an attacking midfielder, Let's compare him to the likes of

Okocha
Ronaldinho
Aimar
Zidane
costa
Rivaldo
Diego
Ricardinho
Ballack
Aside from Zidane, i'll pick Paul Scholes ahead of any of those players anyday, anytime and thrice on Sunday; no frills, businesslike, highly disciplined playa; you hardly ever hear him get into any disciplinary problems be it with club or country. He lets his footy do the talking; the day United lose him is the day before their fortunes start going down;
With all due respect to scholes(and I love him) I would not pick him b4 JJ.The measure of a players brilliance is notwhen the whole team is good but when your team.........what is the word....sucks.Man U is the most complete team in the premiership when it comes to teamwork and paul Scholes has been part of that set up for over 8 years.The Man u play is so structured that there is not so much cause to be creative.He is brilliant no doubt but not a very creative player.Beckam was more creative and his game has so much improved now in Real because he has actually been allowed to roam and explore.Imagine if you had dropped JJ in Man u with Cantona all those years ago under the guidance of Sir Alex.Mouth watering prospect heh? He simply is one of the most gifted footballers I've ever seen(fact)and what he has accomplished with Bolton in 1 year is phenomenal by any standard.Lets face it last season the team sucked and were naive throughout.I certainly don't think scholes could have saved that raggedy team that had no set pattern of play from relegation.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

theYemster wrote:Aside from Zidane, i'll pick Paul Scholes ahead of any of those players anyday, anytime and thrice on Sunday; no frills, businesslike, highly disciplined playa; you hardly ever hear him get into any disciplinary problems be it with club or country. He lets his footy do the talking; the day United lose him is the day before their fortunes start going down;
i concur. much as i dislike Man U. the brillance of Scholes is worthy of recognition. Roy Keane however is due for retirement :lol:
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Eagle Winged and The Yemster:
Gentlemen, The players I mentioned are very good players. But they are not the best in the world! Therefore they are overhyped! They say Keane is better than Viera! Duh? They say Paul Scholes in his position is better than Zidane. You watch Sky, you know what they say. Very good players but not the best in the world as the British press say. Therefore over hyped!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
khalela

Post by khalela »

RudeBoy wrote:Eagle Winged and The Yemster:
Gentlemen, The players I mentioned are very good players. But they are not the best in the world! Therefore they are overhyped! They say Keane is better than Viera! Duh? They say Paul Scholes in his position is better than Zidane. You watch Sky, you know what they say. Very good players but not the best in the world as the British press say. Therefore over hyped!
That is blasphemy.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Guys,
What about Cameroon Geremy?? I think the guy really sucks! it was unbeleivable that Chelsea paid about 7 million pounds for this good for nothing guy....damn!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!