How to beat Cameroon

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fadatiko
Egg
Egg
How to beat Cameroon

Post by fadatiko »

You might all think I am crazy but I think we are destined to play Morocco for the second time in the Final.

Nigeria in the finals depends on the following points.

1) We need to play two defensive midfielders if we seriously want to compete against cameroon in th QF. I would strongly suggest that we play both Lawal and Seyi in DM, with Lawal as the more attack minded of the two.

2) We would need to play three at the back. I would suggest we introduce Orginta to partner Okoronkwo and Yobo at this stage. I know it sounds risky but we need all physical presence in the world for this game. Alternatively we could play Yobo as th second DM and george as the 3rd CB.

3) Kanu should come off the bench in this game. His runs might be great but he often loses the ball. We thought we would get free kicks around the box but the refs are too crap to award them. His hold up play is therefore not very productive.

I think Ozazie should start this time. He is very direct and always looks to make runs. This direct approach is exactly Another impressive quality willingness to defend from the front. He also tries to bring the the midfield into the game by laying the ball off when nothing else is on.

4) Agawonder needs to wake up and realise that this is a major tournament. He needs to switch positions with Utaka on the right to drag Cameroon's defence out of position.

5) How I wish this boy (Ikedia) had defensive qualitiies, I would play him everyday. He does exactly what no defence like and that is run at them. His crossing has improved tenfold but somehow I don't think that would matter much against Cameroon. He can come on later on in the game when legs get tired.

6) We need to protect our goalkeeper big time! Avoid as many corners or free kicks as possible. Their build up play is not great but they are big and love to contest the ball in the box.

I think we need to scare Cameroon. We need to push up and make them believe we are very confident even if we are not. We definately need to defend from the top and keep strong on set-pieces. We need Okocha in positions he can cause damage.

We have nothing to lose. We are for a change the underdogs here.Lets attack the hell out of them and see if they crack (sounds like a half time team talk, does it not).

If we all believe, it will happen.