Muyiwa Lawal Misses ANC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Muyiwa Lawal Misses ANC

Post by chief nfachairman »

Muyiwa Lawal reported to camp yesterday to inform the Coaching crew that he would not be available for the Nations Cup due to Injury. The reason why he had to go to camp to give this news was becuase he doesn't want it to seem like he is not answering national team calls. I got this news from players and officials in Faro.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Oh dear. that na bad news
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

nice move......I wish him speedy recovery...hopefully we will see him dorn the national team's colors ..God bless him
ugly boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ugly boy »

we still have kalu uche...osaze....but I don't know there defensive capabilities
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Good luck to Muyiwa. Hope he will be given a chance to shine in the future... :(
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

NFA should have known that this guy is still recovering from Injury.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

poor guy ! Sad indeed...but hey, Muyiwa, your time will come. Zikites never failed..............We always rise and soar like an Eagle!
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Na wa oh
This one don pass be careful
he has to go all the way to Faro to inform CC he is injured? :shock:
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Talk IT wrote:Na wa oh
This one don pass be careful
he has to go all the way to Faro to inform CC he is injured? :shock:
NFA paid premium price for the ticket so he had no choice but to use it. Good move NFA for not doing your home work.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Dombraye
Egg
Egg

Post by Dombraye »

...good move on his part, atleast he's leaving no one in doubt as to his situation!
Eagles Will Rise Again
bigtola
Egg
Egg

Post by bigtola »

I thot Ayo said he spoke to him yesterday (in yoruba), how come he dint inform Ayo of this development.
Life is beautiful
Kaizer
Egg
Egg

Post by Kaizer »

I agree good move....
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Its a Goal wrote:NFA paid premium price for the ticket so he had no choice but to use it. Good move NFA for not doing your home work.
IAG (& SIR V):
While none of us are privy to the details of Muyiwa's case, injured players are still required (under FIFA Rules) to report to the national team (and if necessary, have the team doctor examine them). That was the cusp of Shaibu Amodu's argument with St. Pauli regrding Yakubu Adamu during the ANC 2000 camp. Accordingly, the mere fact of Muyiwa's trip to Faro does not necessarily signify that the NFA was unaware of his injury (as NFA CHAIR's post herein is so obviously anectodal).
Paveman
Egg
Egg

Post by Paveman »

I agree Gotti. In any case, do not forget that Muyiwa Lawal is but an hour or so away from Faro. Spain and Portugal are neighbours.

Ayo: How come Muyiwa did not inform you of this yesterday. please explain as you said you talked to him yesterday. I'm a bit surprised.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How hard can this be:

Ring, ring
Muyiwa: Hello
NFA Rep: Hi, is that Muyiwa
Muyiwa: Yes it is, who dat?
NFA Rep: This is the NFA calling to invite you to camp for the ANC 2004. Are you available?
Muyiwa: Sure, but I have an injury o. I might be able to make it to camp to cheer the boys on but I can't play.
NFA Rep: Oh, ok. Thanks. We won't send out your invitation then. Ok?
Muyiwa: Ok. Thanks for calling. Bye.
NFA Rep: Bye.

How simple and cost effective was that, Gotti?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Gotti

Post by Gotti »

IAG:
Without being privy to the details of Muyiwa's case, can you pray elighten us as to how you derived from NFA CHAIR's brief anectodal post that such a conversation did not actually take place (and Muyiwa required to nonetheless report to verify his condition)? In fact, one could reason contend that the sudden latter-day invitation of Pius Ikedia makes that scenario quite probable.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Injured or not injured, players are required by FIFA rules to be examined by their FA doctors to determine the veracity of the said injury...

On another note I am surprised that SirV did not blame Muyiwa's refusal to drop as the reason why he copped an injury...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Btw, Muyiwa Lawal also missed the Ghana '99 AYC and the Nigeria '99 WYC through injury. Poor guy.
Last edited by Gotti on Tue Dec 30, 2003 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Gotti, what is the point of extending an invitation and incurring all the necessary cost of inviting a player that informed you he is carrying an injury that will prevent him from competing? If they know their finances are limited and need to verify the authencity of that claim, they could easilly have called his club to back up that story, not have him physically drag himself to camp.

Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Its a Goal wrote:Gotti, what is the point of extending an invitation and incurring all the necessary cost of inviting a player that informed you he is carrying an injury that will prevent him from competing? If they know their finances are limited and need to verify the authencity of that claim, they could easilly have called his club to back up that story, not have him physically drag himself to camp.
Costs, schmosts! Is this board crawling with accountants?! This situation is not unique to Nigeria and the FIFA rule was not made for Nigeria.
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

bigtola,
The answer to your question is because they spoke in yoruba.mind you Ayo is British.
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.