Do we really have what it takes...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

PaJimoh
Do we really have what it takes...

Post by PaJimoh »

With over 40 players called to camp, most of us probably feel we have enough players to carry the trophy, though the debate about Martin rages like an Australian bush fire.

More importantly, the other weapons required to mould a successful unit. I personally believe we are lacking in these area and this could eventually be our downfall.

Unity and Team spirit- I do not think the team has the unity of 94 or the Olympic squad of 96

Preparation- I'm struggling to find any decent prep towards this championship. In fact, it seems we just finished Mali and practically walked into Tunisia without putting any of the things that went wrong in Mali, right.

Technical Crew Abilities: This scares me to high heaven. Many games are won and lost based on the decision made on the bench, the respect commanded by the coach and the ability to motivate his army into battle. I hope this exist in some way but when i pitch CCC with other coaches and particularly the indomitable spirit of Cameroon and their recent history against us, I believe we need someone that can rouse the team to the point that they are willing to break both legs than lose to Cameroon again.

All in all, I'm holding to my believe that football is not an exact science. We might somehow carry the day, after all, it happen in 96.