Ogunjobi is always looking for scapegoats!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ogunjobi is always looking for scapegoats!!!

Post by Dammy »

There are always 2 sides to a story but I noticed that the trio of Yak, Cele and Agali have already been found guilty by most members of this forum without hearing their own side of the story.
From interviews with the trio, it is obvious that they were not allowed to state their case. There is a lot of falsehood being peddled around by the Nigerian media. It is not possible to open the door of any guest unannounced like the media has stated. I do not believe that hotel staff would be spying on their guests for the Nigerian FA.
I would give the trio the benefit of the doubt as this is not the first time that Ogunjobi will be looking for scapegoats after a defeat. Remember the ban on 4 members of the U-23 team after the AAG loss to Cameroon. |The affected players insisted that they did not blackmail the nation and only made polite inquiries. Their coach, Musa Abdullai, in a bid to cover up his own inadequacy blamed the loss on the boys in order to save his own job.
CCC and Ogunjobi have done it again, there was tension in the camp following the loss to Morocco. CCC and Ogunjobi's jobs were on the line and they look for scapegoats.
The scenario follows the same pattern as the U-23 players are pardoned and recalled after the Olympic ticket is in jeopardy. CCC has found out that his strikers, Kanu and Aghahowa, are not playing well hence the decision to recall the trio.
This is how CCC and Ogunjobi are ruining Nigerian football.
I am happy
solo
Egg
Egg

Post by solo »

They just shot themselves in the leg on this one
shaq
Egg
Egg
Re: Ogunjobi is always looking for scapegoats!!!

Post by shaq »

Dammy wrote:There are always 2 sides to a story but I noticed that the trio of Yak, Cele and Agali have already been found guilty by most members of this forum without hearing their own side of the story.
From interviews with the trio, it is obvious that they were not allowed to state their case. There is a lot of falsehood being peddled around by the Nigerian media. It is not possible to open the door of any guest unannounced like the media has stated. I do not believe that hotel staff would be spying on their guests for the Nigerian FA.
I would give the trio the benefit of the doubt as this is not the first time that Ogunjobi will be looking for scapegoats after a defeat. Remember the ban on 4 members of the U-23 team after the AAG loss to Cameroon. |The affected players insisted that they did not blackmail the nation and only made polite inquiries. Their coach, Musa Abdullai, in a bid to cover up his own inadequacy blamed the loss on the boys in order to save his own job.
CCC and Ogunjobi have done it again, there was tension in the camp following the loss to Morocco. CCC and Ogunjobi's jobs were on the line and they look for scapegoats.
The scenario follows the same pattern as the U-23 players are pardoned and recalled after the Olympic ticket is in jeopardy. CCC has found out that his strikers, Kanu and Aghahowa, are not playing well hence the decision to recall the trio.
This is how CCC and Ogunjobi are ruining Nigerian football.
Where have you been man?
I hope people can see things the way you see it. I've said all along that Ogunjobi was looking for scapegoats because his job was on the line. These guys never thought naija would qualify after the Morocco game because they probably thought SA would be the toughest in the group (as many on this forum), and they never saw how we could have beaten them.

I'll say though that sending the guys home was also a blessing in disguise (as wrong as it may be) because CCC would not have altered that team he used against Morocco. An all out offensive line-up with no consideration for balance in the midfield.
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

to be fair to Ogunjobi, the decision to expel the 3 guys was made by Chukwu. And then authorized by the Minister

This kind of decision especially involving 3 players can only be made by the coach.

I doubt that Ogunjobi even favored the decision to expel them. Just my opinion.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Anoda spin to dis tory... una no dey rest?

Ogunjobi has NATHING to do with dis! He was di wan that negotiated for the return of ClubBabayaro (c Eaglewinged) and the perenial malcontent Agali to the Eagles in the first place...

If anything he should be very angry at those two...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Well u may be right. Ogunjobi has been awfully quiet to determine his true involvement in the scandal. Let's just hope we put this behind us ASAP and move on.
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Omotori,
How come it is said that the Minister said no going back on the decision if it was CCC's decision all the way? At a time too the NFA chair said that the NFA booard met to make the decision.

One of the things we need to realise is that assuming the players were guilty the discipline shouldn't have been first of all a press thing had Ogunjobi and co had no ulterior motive.

And I guess since NFA and past SE coaches have failed to instil discipline in the past, the NFA showed its inexperience and ineptitude by the rash, brash and irrational decision to send the players away. NFA and Nigeria at large are still inexperienced in matters releting to discipline cos we have not i vated the habit of fairness. And so when players even make requeset, it is miscontsrued. This did not just happen to AAG footballers but the athletes that went to the World Athletics Championships.

I can't remember which one of Nemo Judex in Causa Sua or Audi Altarem Partem has anything to do with hearing 2 sides of a story but I think NFA goofed tremendously in that area. NFA should have been extremely careful in decision making especially in matters relating to discipline. Now it seems itis backfiring.
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

After it happened, JJ negotiated with CCC. Also, Agalis outbursts were aimed squarely at Chukwu & the Minister.

Given what we know, & there may be more, everything I've seen suggests that Chukwu made the decision in light of "discipline". And the Minister gave his support.

so what do we gain by speculating or suggesting that it was actually another persons doing, when all the facts seem to point to CCC making the decision.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

This story has more legs than ten octopuses put together. Why is the minster involved anyway, soccer and government shouldnt really mix apart from the financing