To DISHNetwork users, the Nig/Ben game was shown on ART ...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

sublimeskills
Egg
Egg
To DISHNetwork users, the Nig/Ben game was shown on ART ...

Post by sublimeskills »

at 4pm yesterday (FEB 4).

The ART representative told me few minutes ago that the Nigeria vs benin game was shown at 4pm ET yesterday. That was 6.30hrs behind schedule. I thought that ART was very insensitive to some of us who subsribed to ART. I was waiting up just like everyone to watch the game at 10.30pm last night. I was very frustrated.

The game will not be rebroadcast.

I will appreciate if anyone out there can give us a copy.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This morning, I called up Dish Network and asked to swoop ART for TV5. Both channels will broadcast the quarter-finals however the difference in cost is as follows:

TV5 cost $9.95 while ART cost $22.99.

DN's representative said there is a $5 charge for downgrading however I will get charged for the new service and not have to pay the higher rate. If you go this route, make sure you ask them to waive the $5 fee. They might just do it, you never know.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
sublimeskills
Egg
Egg

Post by sublimeskills »

I will enquire about that.
I wonder if TV5 willbroadcast in English?

Thanks.
Stopyra10
Egg
Egg

Post by Stopyra10 »

thats does not help now!! them damn!!!! billy goats!!!! :evil:
Okocha who now positions himself on the right hand side...watchout.. Okocha..Okocha..Still Okocha!!! what a run by JAYJAY!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

sublimeskills, it is not as if ART gave us exclusive English commentaries anyway. I mean what is the deal with dual commentaries running at the same time?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I mean what is the deal with dual commentaries running at the same time?
That was so u could select one and turn off the other...unless of course na 1920 TV u get :)
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Its a Goal wrote:This morning, I called up Dish Network and asked to swoop ART for TV5. Both channels will broadcast the quarter-finals however the difference in cost is as follows:

DN's representative said there is a $5 charge for downgrading however I will get charged for the new service and not have to pay the higher rate. If you go this route, make sure you ask them to waive the $5 fee. They might just do it, you never know.
TV5 is the way to go...but i think there wud be a delayed broadcast for a cpl of games (the finals included).....Correct me if i'm wrong.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
sublimeskills
Egg
Egg

Post by sublimeskills »

TV5 coverage of ANC QF will be in French, isn't?
I will still prefer the ARABIC - ART. The reason is, they carried two language broadcast (English & Arabic) on different speakers. If you have a TV or if you are running your dishnetwork receiver through
amplifier receiver, you control the commentaries seperately.
I was able to lover the Arabic commentary on one speaker to lowest level and increase the volume on the other speakers with English commentaries.

You might not be able to do it on TV speaker because the volume output is going through one channel.

The only plus with TV5 is they probably will have better pregame analysis and coverage before game starts. Unfortunately it will be useless without understanding a word!
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Its a Goal wrote:This morning, I called up Dish Network and asked to swoop ART for TV5. Both channels will broadcast the quarter-finals however the difference in cost is as follows:

I don't know why you bothered to do that considering that the remaining games will be broadcast live on ART. I was very dissapointed last night when the game did not come on as scheduled.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Its a Goal, I just added TV5 to my programming. Are you sure they will be carrying the games?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

1naija wrote:

Its a Goal, I just added TV5 to my programming. Are you sure they will be carrying the games?
Tes, they wud be carrying the games from the quarter finals....but i think some wud be delayed broadcast. Someone shud verify.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Its a Goal wrote:

Chineke! You US cybers dey suffer o! Ah ah? How una dey pay US$22.99 for dat yeye ART channel when Canadians dey pay CAN$14.95 minus tax and plus tax na $20. And we dey talk Canadian naira here o, because twenty dollar Canadian na around 50 cents US. Guys, kpele o! I feel your pain.
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

Moderator please lock yourself as I have already posted this link switch to TV5.