Giving credit to who credit is due

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Gotti: Have you ever sit down to think twice about writing in simple non-compounded syntax? Maybe if you do, some of us won't have trouble comprehending you. Afterall you don't need to impress any of us with the compound sentences you are so good at. I beg try and make it simple. All you meant to say which I did understand is that we could not score in 2 matches in WC 2002! All I asked for is to please make writing simple prose your new year resolution. :P Happy New Year buddy
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Robbynice why don't you speak on your behalf. :?:
azuka

Post by azuka »

Gotti, always seem to forget this is not a court room filled with his learned colleagues! :D :lol:
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

scholl wrote:Robbynice why don't you speak on your behalf. :?:
There is no need for that. That will be repeating the same things other have said that I agree with.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Robbynice[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Gotti[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]Robbynice[/color] wrote: I was in Nigeria during preparations for the ANC in 2002. In fact I lived about 15 minutes away from the camp in Otta. If you know the situation back then, you will appreciate the situation right now. That is all I have to say.
ROBBY:
Don't worry, some of us still remember the debacle that was Otta: myriad players failing to show up, no transportation to convey players to-and-from training, no friendlies (not even scrimmages) until camp broke and the hotel threatening to throw out the players on account of the NFA's indebtedness.
Gotti, please don’t remind me. Witnessing it pushed me to the point of almost crying. :cry: :( The situation might not be anything to write home about now but in comparism to the debacle that was the preparation towards ANC 2002; we have indeed come a long way.
I guess this accounts for the large number of "Hey You's" and no hopers in camp right now, right? It is sacrilagious to compare the events of 2002 with 2004 cos they were totally different. Amodu knew the bulk of players he wanted to use to excute the ANC therefore he invited only 32 players. He didn't bother wasting his time on players that stood no chance of breaking into the his team. About the hotel debacle, blame that on the ministry of sports that refused to provide the necessary funds on time to the NFA, which also resulted in Amodu having to travel, by land, from Adbijan to their match center that was about 100 miles away.

I see no reason why the NFA should get any accolades for a job that they should have done earlier. If I submit a college assignment 2 weeks past due date, even if it is a first class worthy report, I will still get a fail mark for not meeting the deadline. This same scenerio applies perfectly to the NFA.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

One more thing, kindly remove me from your list of CE members that are appreciate of NFA's ineptitude. I am not impressed with them as at yet.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Gotti wrote:SYLVER:
For the last time, I said that you "applauded Onigbinde's team". I did not say that you "applauded Onigbide". That is a disparate distinction.

Dispensing with the semantics, if you continue to insist that (1) a team that finished dead last in its group, (2) finished third from last out of 32 teams in the entire competition, and (3) failed to score in games for the first time in Nigeria's World Cup finals participation (not once, but twice) -- each new lows for Nigeria -- is a good team, then I would contend that you are indeed "applauding" mediocrity.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, nonetheless!
Happy New Year to u too. :) :) :)

Obviously as a very learned man of the english language, u would acknowledge that to "applaud" is to actually congratulate or cheer the success(or failure.. :? ) which i did not. Saying that the team was good doesn't mean i applaud it and really, as u urself have pointed out, the same players have been used by CCC during his tenure which just reiterates my position that those players were SOME of the best players available to us as at that time(its not like any other coach would've taken something overly different) and truly they weren't really disgraced(like other teams) were they??
And finally, i definately didn't applaud the performance, but it didn't really come as a suprise to me cos the the haphazard way things were done then. :x :x :x
And all those new lows above were achieved by an LC led team that u so much love to support or celebrate anyway, so what the heck!!! :wink: :twisted:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

furiously frank wrote:Gotti: Have you ever sit down to think twice about writing in simple non-compounded syntax? Maybe if you do, some of us won't have trouble comprehending you. Afterall you don't need to impress any of us with the compound sentences you are so good at. I beg try and make it simple. All you meant to say which I did understand is that we could not score in 2 matches in WC 2002! All I asked for is to please make writing simple prose your new year resolution. :P Happy New Year buddy
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY BROTHER! I will be working on that resolution. :lol:
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Gotti[/color] wrote:
[color=brown]furiously frank[/color] wrote:Gotti: Have you ever sit down to think twice about writing in simple non-compounded syntax? Maybe if you do, some of us won't have trouble comprehending you. Afterall you don't need to impress any of us with the compound sentences you are so good at. I beg try and make it simple. All you meant to say which I did understand is that we could not score in 2 matches in WC 2002! All I asked for is to please make writing simple prose your new year resolution. :P Happy New Year buddy
HAPPY NEW YEAR, MY BROTHER! I will be working on that resolution. :lol:
Really? I will be a beneficiary :P:D. Happy New Year.

Gotti

Post by Gotti »

SylverEagles wrote: And all those new lows above were achieved by an LC led team that u so much love to support or celebrate anyway, so what the heck!!!
SYLVER:
I can assure that there is no dichotomy (or contradiction) in my avowed support for indigenous coaches and my recognition of the paucity of the Japan/Korea team's performance.

For seemingly the zillionth time, while I may not have the technical background or werewithal to competently evaluate the technical capabilities of Nigerian national team coaches (foreign and/or indigenous), I nonetheless recognize unfairness and inequity whenever and wherever I see it (and accordingly I will always vigorously 'defend' indigenous coaches against criticism often not extended to their foreign counterparts).

In fact, I so vehemently campaigned for Onigbinde's post-WC retention that some herein (No6 and BA readily come to mind) labelled me an "Onigbinde Apologist" (a sanitized variation of the current "Chukwu Houseboy" appellation). Just as I did for Amodu against even some of latter-day boosters on this site. The fact is that you cannot validly judge folks unless and until everyone is placed on an EQUAL footing: there is no equity is asking one person to run uphill while another runs downhill and then parrot the obvious when the latter ran "faster"!

The Nigerian chattering class expected of Amodu in about a year (the ANC trophy) and of Onigbinde in about three months (a credible World Cup performance) what it gave Westerhoff FIVE YEARS to achieve. It is eager to pay an unproven (at the international level) and probably subpar Bryan Robson each month ($50,000)(complete with house, car and sundry allowances) -- the same amount that it reportedly paid for the entire five-month tenure of Onigbinde.

Ever heard of the self-fulfilling prophesy?!
SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by SylverEagles »

Yes Mr. Gotti, i understand ur argument and i have found out that some of us in the country do have that inferior(superior) complex concerning LC/FC.
For me, all i ask for is a coach that has a PROVEN winning record.
And i really don't understand it when u say:
I may not have the technical background or werewithal to competently evaluate the technical capabilities of Nigerian national team coaches (foreign and/or indigenous),
Why can't you(by extension I)??? All we have to look is if this coach have a proven track record of winning something of importance(especially since i know we can afford it). The national team, is not a place to train or prove coaches. That has always been by principle. And it is for that reason Amodu ranks highly among LCs in my regard, and newly Ikhana(for winning the ACL). Infact i feel LCs should be rewarded with handling any of the national teams AFTER they've won something on the local or continental scene.

Anyway, i'm going on writing a thesis.. :P :P :P

You still haven't proved(beyong resonable doubt) where i "applauded" Ongbinde's team..:P :P :wink:
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
..OGA ROBBINICE...

Post by paj »

Robbynice wrote:I know the NFA, as an organization is nothing to write home about. In fact they as an incompetent, disorganized, and messed up as they come. With that said, it is time we commend them for the job they have done so far to ensure that Nigeria (like I expect) lifts the ANC trophy in Tunisia. As of today with over three weeks to the start of the ANC, we have 22 players in camp. That right there is a record by NFA standards. Secondly, we have been hearing the NFA chief Ogunjobi to be specific meeting with players, calling players’ clubs ensuring that they do their part as far as making sure players make it to camp. Thirdly and most importantly, the NFA have kept the streak of controversies going for the nations cup build up. As strange as this may sound, Nigeria’s preparation for any tournament especially the ANC is not complete without the controversies that goes on prior to the kickoff of the tournament proper. Yes, the NFA can do better and I am very optimistic that they will do better with our support and constructive criticism. However what they have done till date is worth acknowledging and I believe strongly that we should appreciate and commend them for a job well done.

Mr. Ogunjobi and members of the NFA, I want to on behalf on the members of the CE forum and myself commend you guys for a job well done till date. We know you guys can do better and we are hoping that you guys will do better. We have vowed to support your guys, as you are not representing yourselves but our dear country. 8)
.....if our NFA were either one or two years old, then we can say "Ok..,lets applaud their improvements".....but this na wetin dem sopos to don dey do since na! Na like my youngest wife wey wan make I gi am award becos she finally begin cook! :shock:
..see...if they really wanna get applauded..PAY THE FALCONS....PAY THE PLAYERS....and cut the WURUWURU!

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The NFA does not deserve any prase bcos their so called achivements is nothing compared to the heart ache, disgrace and utter embarassments they have put nigerian football through.