Valdano: Real Not Interested In Signing Henry. What a prat!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Valdano: Real Not Interested In Signing Henry. What a prat!!

Post by Waffiman »

A case of the grapes are sour. Henry recently gave an interview to Marca to quash all rumours about him coming to Real. It appears as if Valdano's ego just cannot accept another Arsenal player rejection.

Valdano: Real Not Interested In Signing Henry

Latest News News Archive

02/05/2004.

Real Madrid director of sport Jorge Valdano has denied that the club have any interest in signing Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

"We are not chasing Henry," he said. "There has been no discussion about this subject at the club."

Valdano added on Henry's declaration that he does not want to move to the Bernabeu: "When someone says they do not want to come to Real Madrid everyone takes it to mean that they do in fact want to come."

World Player of the Year Zinedine Zidane also denied that Henry had asked him about the club.

"If he said he didn't want to come to Real Madrid then you have to respect that," he said at a news conference today.

"I think that when players say things like that they have usually thought it over very carefully. He's signed for an extra three years with Arsenal, he likes playing there and enjoys living in London.

"I would never recommend anyone to come here because I'm not the president and it is not my job. All I can say is that we got one of the best teams in the world. Thierry has never ever asked me about Real Madrid. I know he likes watching them, but nothing more than that."

Up yours Valdano, I hope we meet on the pitch soonest.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Vincent.
Eaglet
Eaglet
MAKELELE TELLS HENRY TO GET REAL

Post by Vincent. »

MAKELELE TELLS HENRY TO GET REAL :D

Chelsea midfielder Claude Makelele has told Thierry Henry to sign for Real Madrid.

The Spanish giants have long been linked with a multi-million pound move for Arsenal striker Henry as they look to add to their Galacticos.

And his France international team-mate Makelele, who spent three seasons at the Bernabeu prior to his summer move to Stamford Bridge, reckons Henry would be wise to follow David Beckham in moving from England to Spain.

Makelele said: "I have told Thierry to go to Real because they are such a great club to play for."
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Right. No be the same Makelele wey commot for Real spitting mad and spouting sh#$ over money? And Real kicked him in the #$% on the way out the door, to boot! I dont believe this report at all....
"Jose Mourinho favoured directness and used to throw Robert Huth or John Terry up front when Chelsea were chasing the game, a ploy associated with the industrial era of English football management."
- The Guardian UK, November 26, 2007
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

Ziontrain,

Claude left purely for financial reasons..........other than that,he'd still be at the Santiago Bernabeu. btw,the report is true.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”