CHRISTAIN CHUKWU: I WILL QUIT IF CAMEROUN BEAT US!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
CHRISTAIN CHUKWU: I WILL QUIT IF CAMEROUN BEAT US!

Post by GUEST »

SOURCE: NEWAGE

I'll quit if Cameroun beats Nigeria––Chukwu
By Ade Ojeikere in Sfax
Super Eagles chief coach Christian Chukwu has stated that he would quit the job if Cameroun beats Nigeria on Sunday in Monastir, adding that I'm here to get the cup. I am not here for Cameroun. I am looking towards winning the cup after 1O years for Nigeria."

Chukwu argued that the Eagles have done creditably well especially after the devastating 0-1 loss to Morocco in the opening game last week Tuesday in Monastir, stressing that at the moment the players have reach only 40 per cent of their abilities pointing out that by the finals, Nigerians would be proud of the players when they hope to lift the trophy.

According to Chukwu: "Yes, we have studied the Camerounians very well and we are planning seriously for them. They are beatable, I can assure you on that. If we go to the field and execute our strategies against them, I can tell you that Nigeria will beat them on Sunday, because we have seen their weak points and we want to capitalise on them.

Asked if he would effect any changes in the Camerounian game based on what they have noticed as their weakness, he said: "We don't want to change our game. We want to play our game the way we know it and let Cameroun do theirs. We cannot say because this man plays like this, then we throw up somebody to mark him.

The person would get into the field and be confused. But we have our match strategy against Cameroun and it is not a question of Song being fit or not, but you should know that if we put the ball on the ground, we would do better than the Camerounians. But if we put the ball in the air, the Camerounians have the advantage. Those are the things that we are planning for.
Last edited by GUEST on Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Unfortunetly, this story is probably baloney. Theres not even any quotes from CCC to backup the article title.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

we can easily beat cameroun but Chukwu's head is too dip into kanu's arse for him to see clearly.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

NFA should start asking for resumes
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

yOU WILL GET THE AXE ANYWAY, JUST CHILL AND ENJOY THE RIDE. THE ANC WAS FUN WHILE IT LASTED.....................YOU KNOW YOUR FATE AFTER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

Cameroons game is the last game for CC as a S.E manager. But i like the way history will view it. That he quit. Instead of the other way around.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

bla bla bla Musa Abdulahi said the same thing in the AAG finals. We are all living witnesses to what happened that day. Chuckwu should chill. So what Nigeria will beat Cameroon. I can't wait to see the new strategy he has for Cameroon. Mass attack and no defence. He better start looking for another coaching job so after Sunday's game he cam take over his new team.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

he can coach the vacated spot by the cameroonian coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he will surely take them somewhere??????????? :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Bell

Post by Bell »

WAIT A MINUTE

Why are you so afraid to take C3 up on this offer?
Bell
Bell

Post by Bell »

MEANWHILE, SCOUT BEWARANG DISCOUNTS THE CAMS

Bewarang Writes Off Cameroon

This Day (Lagos)

February 5, 2004
Posted to the web February 5, 2004

Lagos

The man saddled with the responsibility to spy on the Cameroon's Indomitable Lions in their match against the Pharaohs of Egypt, coach Bitrus Bewarang, has written them off as not good enough to either beat the Super Eagles nor win the trophy.

Bewarang was left behind in Monastir while Eagles travelled to Sfax for their last group D match against Benin Republic and he rose from his vantage position in the stadium to declare that Cameroon were no threats.

According to him: "The Cameroonians that I saw played their usual physical game but with no tactics. I think Egypt deserved to have won the match because they were more skilful than the Cameroonians," he said.

He would, however, not divulge further weaknesses he noticed and recorded that his technical crew would depend on Sunday to beat the Cameroonians.

The match was such that the Lions were taunted here by Tunisians as 'Indomitable kitty cat-cats'. Asked for further comments, the dark complexioned coach would prefer to make his findings known to the Super Eagles crew who needed the information than for the consumption of the Press.

"I cannot speak further on this. I will make my recommendations to the crew," he said politely.
Bell
Bell

Post by Bell »

MEANWHILE, KESHI PRAISES EGYPT

Keshi Cries for Egypt

Vanguard (Lagos)

February 5, 2004

Onochie Anibeze

Stephen Keshi works for the media, running commentaries for BBC here. He sat on the same row with this reporter when Egypt played all the game but couldn't score to gain a place in the second round here.

When it was half time, Keshi rose from his seat, called this reporter and said "it will be a shame if this Egyptian side don"t qualify. The tournament would be missing the best team and that will be sad."

There were CAF technical men around who also rated the match highly and commended the play of Egypt. Keshi continued.

"Egypt are very sharp. Their tactics and movements are very constructive. They are the best team so far. But they need to score and make the difference.

They have controlled the game better and made good movements. When they are attacking, they remind me of the 1994 Eagles.

The difference is that they are not getting the ball into the net. Their marking is the best I"ve seen so far. In 45 minutes of the first half, I saw Mboma and Eto'o only once each. I wouldn't be surprised if they are changed."

It came to pass! The two players; heroes of Cameroun and villains of opponents were substituted. But when Zimbabwe beat Algeria 2-1, it meant that Algeria were slightly better by goals difference and moved on to the second round, knocking out the team many have adjudged the best here.

"It is sad. Sometimes, tournaments don"t tell the truth. Egypt are a victim of this."
Bell
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bell wrote:MEANWHILE, KESHI PRAISES EGYPT

Keshi Cries for Egypt

Vanguard (Lagos)

February 5, 2004

Onochie Anibeze

Stephen Keshi works for the media, running commentaries for BBC here. He sat on the same row with this reporter when Egypt played all the game but couldn't score to gain a place in the second round here.

When it was half time, Keshi rose from his seat, called this reporter and said "it will be a shame if this Egyptian side don"t qualify. The tournament would be missing the best team and that will be sad."

There were CAF technical men around who also rated the match highly and commended the play of Egypt. Keshi continued.

"Egypt are very sharp. Their tactics and movements are very constructive. They are the best team so far. But they need to score and make the difference.

They have controlled the game better and made good movements. When they are attacking, they remind me of the 1994 Eagles.

The difference is that they are not getting the ball into the net. Their marking is the best I"ve seen so far. In 45 minutes of the first half, I saw Mboma and Eto'o only once each. I wouldn't be surprised if they are changed."

It came to pass! The two players; heroes of Cameroun and villains of opponents were substituted. But when Zimbabwe beat Algeria 2-1, it meant that Algeria were slightly better by goals difference and moved on to the second round, knocking out the team many have adjudged the best here.

"It is sad. Sometimes, tournaments don"t tell the truth. Egypt are a victim of this."
Bell

AND FURTHER MORE:

Keshi seems clueless on how soccer is played. Even if egypt was say the most skillful disciplined side, they did not live up too it.....
What counts now is the second round, it is too bad they could not prove to the world and Africa what they were made of!!!!!!!!!
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Looks like Chukwu plans on going after Song and keeping the ball on the ground. Is that all they want to do against Cameroun?
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Rogermilla wrote:bla bla bla Musa Abdulahi said the same thing in the AAG finals. We are all living witnesses to what happened that day. Chuckwu should chill. So what Nigeria will beat Cameroon. I can't wait to see the new strategy he has for Cameroon. Mass attack and no defence. He better start looking for another coaching job so after Sunday's game he cam take over his new team.
RogerMilla, Chukwu has beat Cameroon before, and I am more than confident that Nigeria will beat Cameroon again.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Rogermilla wrote:bla bla bla Musa Abdulahi said the same thing in the AAG finals. We are all living witnesses to what happened that day. Chuckwu should chill. So what Nigeria will beat Cameroon. I can't wait to see the new strategy he has for Cameroon. Mass attack and no defence. He better start looking for another coaching job so after Sunday's game he cam take over his new team.
I heard from my 'source' that Schaefer will be resigning after Tunisia. Chukwu will definitaly be applying for the Cameroon Head Coach job.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]bamendaboy[/color] wrote:Cameroons game is the last game for CC as a S.E manager. But i like the way history will view it. That he quit. Instead of the other way around.
Actually it is the other way round. Schaefer will be forced to quit after loosing to the worst coach at the ANC :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Buea
Egg
Egg

Post by Buea »

Bell wrote:MEANWHILE, SCOUT BEWARANG DISCOUNTS THE CAMS

Bewarang Writes Off Cameroon

This Day (Lagos)

February 5, 2004

Lagos

The man saddled with the responsibility to spy on the Cameroon's Indomitable Lions in their match against the Pharaohs of Egypt, coach Bitrus Bewarang, has written them off as not good enough to either beat the Super Eagles nor win the trophy.

Bewarang was left behind in Monastir while Eagles travelled to Sfax for their last group D match against Benin Republic and he rose from his vantage position in the stadium to declare that Cameroon were no threats.

According to him: "The Cameroonians that I saw played their usual physical game but with no tactics. I think Egypt deserved to have won the match because they were more skilful than the Cameroonians," he said.

He would, however, not divulge further weaknesses he noticed and recorded that his technical crew would depend on Sunday to beat the Cameroonians.

The match was such that the Lions were taunted here by Tunisians as 'Indomitable kitty cat-cats'. Asked for further comments, the dark complexioned coach would prefer to make his findings known to the Super Eagles crew who needed the information than for the consumption of the Press.

"I cannot speak further on this. I will make my recommendations to the crew," he said politely.
Bell

You will eat your words. It is Eto'o 2 Nigeria 0. The Egypt game you saw was a fluke. Base your stategy on it and be slattered!
Our goal is to remain superior to the eagles!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

You will eat your words. It is Eto'o 2 Nigeria 0. The Egypt game you saw was a fluke. Base your stategy on it and be slattered!
slattered? well at least we wont get slaughtered :lol:
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I hate when those who should know better go about making stupid boast about how they will beat their opponent cos the opponent looks inferior. Bewarang wa wrong to have written Cameroun off cos he could give our players a sense of complecancy, which could affect their approach to the game.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
La Reussi
Egg
Egg

Post by La Reussi »

It's called psychological warfare!

La Reussi
In all things and every situation, give thanks to God.
khalela

Post by khalela »

Quit?He even lasted longer than some of us even thought.Ok then.Bye.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Mind games. Chukwu's is going after the ANC anyway even if the boys' superior talent allows Nigeria to win it.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

This na correct exit strategy. Das all.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051