Report on Jan. 6 or forget Nations Cup

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

pens
Egg
Egg
Report on Jan. 6 or forget Nations Cup

Post by pens »

Report on Jan. 6 or forget Nations Cup * Chukwu gives Tunisia deadline to players, exempts Okocha & co.

By Onochie Anibeze
Tuesday, December 30, 2003

NFA Secretary-General Taiwo Ogunjobi is busy going round Nigeria asking players to report to their Faro camp for the Nations Cup in Tuinisia.
Coach Christian Chukwu appreciates that but he has fired a warning from Portugal.
“Except those playing in England, any player who does not arrive the camp on or before January 6 should forget the Nations Cup. I mean it and I will not receive players who report after that date. Only those in England are exempted because they are playing. I don’t have problems with those playing but they must still come in good time for us to blend.”
There are reports that the likes of Julius Aghahowa, Ifeanyi Udeze and a host of other big names are holidaying in Nigeria. They may deserve the winter break rest but Chukwu is saying that they have overstayed.
Chukwudi Victor Agali, according to Ogunjobi will join camp January 11. Christian Chukwu who had earlier wanted to visit Agali in Germany to ensure his return to Eagles welcomes him back but says that the January 11 is not acceptable to him. Agali told Ogunjobi that he would return to the Eagles after the NFA scribe met him in his FESTAC house on Sunday.
“Agali has a match on January 3. I think that he should report immediately after the match. It is important that they come now. I want them to train and play one or two friendly matches before we leave for Tunisia. I’ll not, therefore, receive players after January 6. That is my decision. Only players in England are exempted. There must be discipline and team work not stars who are no team.”
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

I think this has been posted before, but any way, i dont think Chukwu has what it takes to give such orders.
Only Shakes MAshaba
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

pens,

This is all recycled stuff by Onochie Anibeze curled from CyberEagles forum.

I can gurantee you that the players based in France and belgium will turn up later than 6th of Jan.
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Larry,
thanks for the info
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.