Where is Issa Hayatou?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Where is Issa Hayatou?

Post by txj »

It is just over three weeks to the ANC and the one question I have is- where is Issa Hayatou? Where is that miserable Cameroonian goatt of a CAF President?

In the past two weeks or more, a host of European clubs have mounted a concerted siege on the ANC, Africa’s premier football showcase. African players have been held hostage by European clubs, and have been left to deal with these virtually alone, in spite of the fact that the biennial tournament was deliberately rescheduled to coincide with the European winter break.

Three key South African players- MacArthy, Fortune and Fish, have successively retired from international football rather than play in the ANC and miss club engagements. In Bolton, a miserable bottom of the league club in a piss-poor championship, the manager even had the audacity to publicly urge a national team captain to quit international football. Yet mum is the word from CAF!

The young Nigerian starlet Obafemi Martins, in line for a CAF player award, is scared to play in the ANC for fear of losing his club position. In London, Freddie Kanoute is being brow beaten by Spurs to keep him from playing for Mali in the ANC. Yet mum is the word from Issa Hayatou as the ANC is being progressively devalued by forced player withdrawals. Instead what is of more significance to that Cameroonian he-goat is to scurry around Orji Kalu in search of business contacts and chieftaincy titles!

What a shame!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

To think that some ppl on this forum support the Euro teams. Perhaps Hayatou is drinking tea with them at Buckingham Palace - strategizing on how they can proliferate the Colo mentality! For their good work, they will be given one of those awards -- either an IDE or smacked on the rear with the Queen's sword! :lol:

You are right tho. Hayatou is a feckless head of CAF. It took Blatter to speak out against exploitation of clubs , and not Hayatou! For what is worth, he was last sighted galivanting in Gambia. In an interview there, he sounded like an incompetent African dictator.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Well, they will devalue OUR championship, next they will extend it to the WC places... you think I am kidding... Next WC qualifier is to double as the ANC qualifier... and like good Africans, we are supposed to be grateful that we are even being invited...

But what do we know? We are Baseball fans...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I think the next CAF president should be a Nigerian. What do you guys think.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Yujam, the real colo mentality is the mentality that you cannot develop your own league and refuse to find solution for it development.

It only a matter of time before European clubs unite against CAF and enforce contractual obligation that the player must retire from international football or lose their contract.

Freddy Kanoute and Jay-Jay Okocha have very good bargaining power because they are the best players for their respective clubs.

Remember that Sven Erricson has to negotiate and compromise with the clubs
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

bamendaboy wrote:I think the next CAF president should be a Nigerian. What do you guys think.
He does not have to be a Nigerian to understand that there's fire on the mountain...

First it was Lauren, then McArthy, Fish, and Fortune... when our Continental Championship becomes irrelevant because the president of the association has compromised the value of the ANC away... then you might see that what started just as a brush fire has turned into a full fledged Wild Fire...

Imagine, Mallorca telling Eto'o, if you go to the ANC, better start looking for new employment.... or Geremi refusing (i.e. forced) not to show up b'cos Chelsea management flexed their muscles...all it takes is for one manager to successfully stop our brothers from showing up... and others will follow suit...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

REALTROUBLE
If you paused a little to allow yourself the luxury of thinking, you might have noticed that the leagues in S/America are developed, but even Brazil is not immune from the European clubs as the Kaka case recently showed. You would also have noticed that South Africa does indeed have a developed league, as does Egypt, Tunisia and Morocco, which suggests that it is not the factor of under development of the league that is behind player exodus but economics.
As it is, the FIFA regulation has already provided for the eventuality that a European club might seek to force players to retire prematuredly from international football.

realtrouble wrote:Yujam, the real colo mentality is the mentality that you cannot develop your own league and refuse to find solution for it development.

It only a matter of time before European clubs unite against CAF and enforce contractual obligation that the player must retire from international football or lose their contract.

Freddy Kanoute and Jay-Jay Okocha have very good bargaining power because they are the best players for their respective clubs.

Remember that Sven Erricson has to negotiate and compromise with the clubs
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

As long as it is not Issa Hayatou or francophone.

bamendaboy wrote:I think the next CAF president should be a Nigerian. What do you guys think.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:Well, they will devalue OUR championship, next they will extend it to the WC places... you think I am kidding... Next WC qualifier is to double as the ANC qualifier... and like good Africans, we are supposed to be grateful that we are even being invited...

But what do we know? We are Baseball fans...

Cellular:

Your quote above will come to pass if care is not taken. Have the Euros not ALREADY DEVALUED the Copa America? The Copa is now regularly played by reserves.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

txj, I am aware of the problem in South America.
As it is, the FIFA regulation has already provided for the eventuality that a European club might seek to force players to retire prematuredly from international football.
What are FIFA regulation regarding force retirement and if you were a club owner how would you react if your most influencial players would be missing for 6 weeks.

You guys forget that football is a business first and a sport second and it is only a matter of time before Europe calls FIFA bluff and tell them to go to hell.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

So far only the EPL is affected by it. And why? Because the English want to play at xmas to make the most of the holidays in selling tickets. Today, top managers in England are now calling for a winter break.
FIFA regulation forbids clubs from contractual provisions that prevent players from international games.
What is required is the full harmonization of calendars, especially by the English. CAF has already done that by fixing the ANC during the winter break. And I assure you that even if you moved the ANC to the end of the European season, the clubs will complain that it affects their pre-season camps!

realtrouble wrote:txj, I am aware of the problem in South America.
What are FIFA regulation regarding force retirement and if you were a club owner how would you react if your most influencial players would be missing for 6 weeks.

You guys forget that football is a business first and a sport second and it is only a matter of time before Europe calls FIFA bluff and tell them to go to hell.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

realtrouble wrote:txj, I am aware of the problem in South America.

Realtrouble:

Sure, everyone understands that it is a business. Note that these players receive bonuses and allowances and thus they are not unpaid when on national duty. However, the sticking point is that the clubs receive no compensation and I am aware that the G14 clubs have hired the Bosman lawyer to force FIFA to find a solution to this or the whole system will come crashing. Blatter has argued that some national FAs (particularly those in Africa) will have little means to adequately compensate the clubs. I read recently in WORLD SOCCER that some sort of compensation may have to worked out where FIFA draws from its subventions to the national FAs or some other FIFA funds to pay the compensation instead of the national FAs doing so directly. IMO, that may be the reasonable solution but that is in the future. Presently, the current order has to be followed.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Dec 31, 2003 12:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

I dont know where but I bet he is sleeping ! :mrgreen:
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Thanks Enugu II for you update.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

First, Blatter will not speak to the G14 and rightly so! They are not a legal entity in football and therefore have no corporate basis on which to negotiate. But whenever its agreed and they begin to negotiate a compensation scheme for the clubs, CAF needs to add a clause for compensation of small African clubs whose players are transferred to Europe. Afterall, it is all quid pro quo....
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

TXJ

You now understand my point of view, African countries needs to be more proactive in the development and control of their footballers in Europe, it may also increase the African FA bargaining power with their players and prevent the Oliseh saga of ANC 2002
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Not with that he-goat Issa Hayatou as CAF President!

realtrouble wrote:TXJ

You now understand my point of view, African countries needs to be more proactive in the development and control of their footballers in Europe, it may also increase the African FA bargaining power with their players and prevent the Oliseh saga of ANC 2002
NEDI
Egg
Egg

Post by NEDI »

[quote="txj"]First, Blatter will not speak to the G14 and rightly so! They are not a legal entity in football and therefore have no corporate basis on which to negotiate. But whenever its agreed and they begin to negotiate a compensation scheme for the clubs, CAF needs to add a clause for compensation of small African clubs whose players are transferred to Europe. Afterall, it is all quid pro quo....[/quote]

txj, you always wax sense my brother.
To think Hayatou has had all these fruitless years and is still campaigning for more is just plain shameful.
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Issa Hayatou doesn't have any authority to challenge the corrupt,disgrace-to-Switzerland Sepp Blatter...maybe if he complains,he is going to be former president of the CAF! :mrgreen: