Senegal's time has come and gone

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg
Senegal's time has come and gone

Post by so__so_scandalous »

they may have excellent young players coming throughh the ranks but i believe this and the last ANC were the best opportunities for Senegal to claim the African title. Alas It hasn't been so. They will not get to the next wc because Mali is on the rise and they are taking no prisoners - it's a shame - the lions are one of the most exciting African teams this decade certainly gave cameroon and nigeria a run for their money.

I think they'll always be around as one of the stronger african teams but never the win the crown of African football. Look out for Mali guys- I think they are the next big thing in African football.
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Judge not man,because they got boote out in the quarter-finals dont make them that pathetic.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

so__so_scandalous, you know I was just thinking the same thing driving home from where I watched the game. In fact I was telling IAG the same thing on the phone some few minutes after the game. IMO Nigeria and Cameroon are the only consistence teams in Africa. The rest takes turns. It is Mali's time now.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Robbynice wrote:so__so_scandalous, you know I was just thinking the same thing driving home from where I watched the game. In fact I was telling IAG the same thing on the phone some few minutes after the game. IMO Nigeria and Cameroon are the only consistence teams in Africa. The rest takes turns. It is Mali's time now.
so now that we must chose between Nigeria or cameroon does that make one team less consistent?...I dont think it has to do with consistency or soccer super powers...African soccer is becoming more competitve...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Robbynice so if Cameroon sommot us for quarter-finals how will take it when a cameroonian replaces this kind of post and changes Senegal to Nigeria.
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

The north africans(and southafrica) are always there . They play consistently but never step up their game to ascertain any ael dominance in Africa - the only time they win the competition is when all the others are playing particularly poorly a la Burkina Faso 1998.

But I really believe taht this is Mali's time- and watch out for ivorycoast. any half decent coach should be able to turn the likes of Drogba , Dindane, Bonaventure, bakayoko,kone , Bakari and Kolo toure into world beaters.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

omey2k4 wrote:Robbynice so if Cameroon sommot us for quarter-finals how will take it when a cameroonian replaces this kind of post and changes Senegal to Nigeria.
Listen and listen well, Nigeria will not lose to Cameroon tomorrow. Mind you, I didn't say we will win but I am very certain we wouldn't lose to Cameroon tomorrow.
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

I said it here that Tunisia will beat Senegal. Senegal are very, very similar to Turkey in mindset. All of a sudden, there is a few adulation and they think they are champions already!

They still have a lot to learn before they get the winning mentality that countries like Nigeria and Cameroon have developed.

As for Diouf, well, I hope senegalese fans give him a piece of their mind because he was disgraceful tonight with his antics which did not only disrupt his game but destabilised his team as well.
You can control your choice, but not necessarily the consequences
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

the way cameroon rebuilt itself from the pathetic state that they were in as at 1996 to the strong position they are currently in shows that they always believed that they belong on top. Same goes for Nigeria -even when we are relatively poor, we audaiciously stroll into the semies or finals of the AnC as if it were our birthright. Guess it's that winning mentality. It takes a while to fully imbibe that mentality and radiate that aura of invincibility .

On the world stage only our confidence helps us not our aura. This is because our non-african opponents don't pick up on any aura due to the fact that Nigeria hasn't enjoyed years of dominance over them .Look at the way Bafana Bafana crumbled. That was totally psychological guys. I kow it sounds like a brag but I do not believe tunisia could have tried on Nigeria or Cameroon what they tried with Senegal today. It simply wouldn't have been possible. :!:
hakim075
Egg
Egg

Post by hakim075 »

so__so_scandalous wrote:The north africans(and southafrica) are always there . They play consistently but never step up their game to ascertain any ael dominance in Africa - the only time they win the competition is when all the others are playing particularly poorly a la Burkina Faso 1998.

But I really believe taht this is Mali's time- and watch out for ivorycoast. any half decent coach should be able to turn the likes of Drogba , Dindane, Bonaventure, bakayoko,kone , Bakari and Kolo toure into world beaters.

whoaww, if you to play that "North Africans and the others", no problems, you speak about the predominance of the country of black Africa, which is false, since on the 14 last editions, 7 north African countries arrived at the final, that's to say 1 time out of 2... thus what you say is false ....

you said :
the only time they win the competition is when all the others are playing particularly poorly a la Burkina Faso 1998.
very good, but I can also conclude the same thing , but on the African northern side, knowing that if the countries of black Africa win, it's because those of North Africa played badly... knowing that the number of nort African countries is 4 against?.......

what you say have no sens, for you we have north african football and black african football, there is one football, African football