Nigeria 3 Luleano(sp?) 0...friendly match result..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

[color=brown]Cyber Saint[/color] wrote:Thanks for the info, MD.
That's great news. I'm glad the team is taking shape right now. It's a sign of greater things to come.
Taking shape? Are you serious? 4 different teams in 2 matches :!: On top of that, most of the 1st team players haven't even joined the camp yet.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the minor and baby steps we are taking, but let's not get carried away as we did when we were winning all those meaningless friendlies prior to the WC.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

mister dolly wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote:Bia, MD, who is Uche Okechukwu? Is that the Uche we know or another one?
I thought the same too..I'm told he is a local based player with Enyimba...maybe KOC or any of our Naija based CE's can verify that..
It is Uche Ugochukwu (Gabros), not Okechukwu.

MD:
Thanks for the 411.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Its a Goal wrote:Good result however how meaningful is it?
...meaningful because na friendly :wink:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Eagle Winged wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote:Thanks for the info, MD.
That's great news. I'm glad the team is taking shape right now. It's a sign of greater things to come.
What team is that then? Because as far as i can see; two or three of those players, are SE team material.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

Uche Ugochukwu is the name (Gabros fc)
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING
obong obuma
Egg
Egg

Post by obong obuma »

I believe the said player is Uche OGECHUKWU,not Okechukwu.Also,Garba Lawal has played at left back,left midfield,defensive midfield,and left wing over the years for both club and country.
Winning is not everything....it is the only thing!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hmmm i wonder how many "hey You's" are in camp right now? :?: hmmm
Soldier of Fortune...
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Its a Goal wrote:
[color=brown]Cyber Saint[/color] wrote:Thanks for the info, MD.
Taking shape? Are you serious? 4 different teams in 2 matches :!: On top of that, most of the 1st team players haven't even joined the camp yet.

Don't get me wrong, I am happy with the minor and baby steps we are taking, but let's not get carried away as we did when we were winning all those meaningless friendlies prior to the WC.

IAG, sometimes I wonder what you guys expect CCC to do in order to please y'all?
The man has got about 42 players to try out in the training camp, so do you guys expect him to start off the training camp by playing his first team?
I mean, the whole essence of the training camp is to try out as many players as possible and see what they got. Most of us would agree that we, for the most part, know what our first team would look like. Hence, CCC's mission now is to pick those that are gonna break into the first team or reserves. I don't see anything wrong with testing as many players as possible....there's always the unknown factor with any player.

EW, I hope that this addresses your question as well.

MD & Gotti, thanks for the 411 on Uche Ugochukwu.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Cyber Saint wrote: I mean, the whole essence of the training camp is to try out as many players as possible and see what they got. Most of us would agree that we, for the most part, know what our first team would look like. Hence, CCC's mission now is to pick those that are gonna break into the first team or reserves. I don't see anything wrong with testing as many players as possible....there's always the unknown factor with any player.
I haven't read worse incoherent rubbish in my life!
Training camp all about discovering new players?
chei, Naija don suffer!! :lol:
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

J21,

Welcome to the world of mediocrity at the lowest level of things.. Stay tuned for more....

Jiggerman21 wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote: I mean, the whole essence of the training camp is to try out as many players as possible and see what they got. Most of us would agree that we, for the most part, know what our first team would look like. Hence, CCC's mission now is to pick those that are gonna break into the first team or reserves. I don't see anything wrong with testing as many players as possible....there's always the unknown factor with any player.
Soldier of Fortune...
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

MI5 wrote:J21,

Welcome to the world of mediocrity at the lowest level of things.. Stay tuned for more....

Jiggerman21 wrote:
Men, don't tell me I need to apply for Cameroon passport. The logic on this forum is sometimes baffling. :shock:
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

J21,

Yes ohh infact i go send one of my operatives to you to check out any passports of your choice. :wink: Even i've added Macao to the list too :wink:

The logic on this forum hahahahahaha welcome to the forbidden sites of all sites. Infact very soon you will hear it's okay to call up to 300 players to camp because CCC really needs to know who is who or very soon they will try and tell us "All the players are in camp but not really in camp but will be in camp as soon as CCC makes sures everyone is in camp" they really think one they are the only ones who can twist facts and stories here.. cheii

Wow even that Iraqi minister of Information Mohammed Al Sahaf didn't twist so much lies in Baghdad as we see here every hour on this forum from CCC loyalists. There are to many Mohammed Al Sahaf's here running all over the place courtesy of CHC loyalist committee.. shame... :P :x
Last edited by MI5 on Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

He didn't say it was about discovering new players.
His point is that we already know what our regulars can do so why not see if there's anything special in the new/untried players.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

At least whatever team that has been played, and no matter the opposition we play, none of the teams has conceeded a goal, and that must be a good thing.

It also means Okoronkwo might just have to sweat a bit to pick a starting shirt in Tunisia.
To stop trying is to start dying
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

27 wrote:He didn't say it was about discovering new players.
His point is that we already know what our regulars can do so why not see if there's anything special in the new/untried players.
so it is in Faro that we'll suddenly miraculously discover new special players with 3 weeks to ANC after how many years of friendlies and qualifiers? Is this why we still have nearly 50 invitees so close to the competition?

My friend, don't force me to change my name to Djigga Djigga.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Shownoja wrote:At least whatever team that has been played, and no matter the opposition we play, none of the teams has conceeded a goal, and that must be a good thing.

It also means Okoronkwo might just have to sweat a bit to pick a starting shirt in Tunisia.
Please, don't let me rush you :x :x :x :x :x :x
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

CCC probably has the highest amount of friendlies compared to any previous SE coach. Still experimenting with 42 players by now is totally unacceptable.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

The reason for this confusion is because CC does not know how to monitor players, he himself have admitted it. He does not know who is fit, who is clubless or who bench warming. All he does is read papers and get advice from friends doubling as scouts. The biggest drawback is he doesn't even know how to use the internet to get the information he needs. No wonder he has to invited all sort of benchwarmers and clubless players to see them.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

so why is he national team coach then?
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Jiggerman21 wrote:so why is he national team coach then?
I've been asking that for a year and a half.
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Jiggerman21 wrote:

Bia, are you trying to be funny by being stupid?
Please stand in the gate b'cos I don't want goat in my compound, ok.
And whatever you do, never ever twist my words. You can go back to grade school to learn how to read but I never used the word "discovering new players" anywhere in my piece.
You might be too retarded to understand this but trying out newly discovered players isn't the same thing as discovering new players, alright. If you've ever played soccer in your life, you would know that training (practice) and match situation are totally two different ball games. Hence, we refer to some players as training materials.

I'm allergic to stupidity :twisted: :evil:
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

mister dolly wrote:
Cyber Saint wrote:Bia, MD, who is Uche Okechukwu? Is that the Uche we know or another one?
I thought the same too..I'm told he is a local based player with Enyimba...maybe KOC or any of our Naija based CE's can verify that..

I think he plays for Rangers and his name is really Ugochukwu and not Okechukwu
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ikwerreman wrote:
mister dolly wrote:

I think he plays for Rangers and his name is really Ugochukwu and not Okechukwu
Ik-man:
does he play Rangers or Gabros?