..THIS IS WHAT I CALL LOVING ONE'S COUNTRY!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
..THIS IS WHAT I CALL LOVING ONE'S COUNTRY!

Post by paj »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 357909.stm
...abeg..una fit foward this to OBAFEMI MARTINS? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Not quite; Eto'o really wants out of Mallorca. Nevertheless, If Martins is not in Tunisia come ANC then it is really sad. I feel I'll stay away from all the "Ogunjobi VS Martins" Impasse until he actually fails to show up for the ANC.
...but with God all things are possible...
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Was it not Eto'o who was flying between Spain and France to play for Cameroon in the Confederations Cup. Martins meanwhile is riding around Lagos in a Benz flashing and still deciding whether to play for Nigeria. And he is not even a top scorer for his club nor done anything significant at the international level.
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

Obafemi unsure and Babangida axed

Nigeria insist on Obafemi Martins despite the refusal of his Italian club – Inter Milan to free him for national assignments just as ‘rebelling’ Haruna Babangida may have been tacitly eased out of the U-23 team.

Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Secretary General, Taiwo Ogunjobi told www.kickoffnigeria.com that a fresh request for the dreaded striker was sent to Inter Milan copying FIFA to underline Nigeria’s determination to have him for the Olympic qualifier against Egypt on Sunday.

He said NFA was driven to inform FIFA about the imbroglio as Inter continued to claim that the qualifier was not a FIFA organized match and thus could not be compelled to release the Nigerian.

“I am confident that he will be in Cairo latest by Wednesday or Thursday for the match after his club’s UEFA game away to Moscow. We have notified FIFA,” Ogunjobi said.

But Coach Musa Abdullahi told www.kickoffnigeria.com that his personal efforts to reach the ebony 18-year attacker came to naught as his calls either end up on the answering machines or never got picked.

And not withstanding that Musa left Lagos with only 15 home-based players, he declined to look the way of Haruna Babangida who also left for Spain – his base – just as Musa and his wards departed for Cairo on Monday night.

The darting winger for the Catalan club (Barcelona) told www.kickoffnigeria.com that he was not selected for the Cairo trip though he would have loved to play in the match.

“Nobody told me anything either to go with them or join them in Cairo, so I have to go back to my club,” he said.

But Coach Musa defended and said he wants to give equal opportunities to other players who have not been tested and added that Babangida was not been punished for walking-out on him when he was substituted in a match in All Africa Games.

Uche Kalu was also doubtful for the game as Musa confirmed that the player headed back to base to sort out his lingering Ajax transfer tussle with his Ukrainian club.

His invitation was delivered to him personally as NFA got confused on where to route the letter.

Posted on Tuesday, October 21, 2003 - 15:16
NFA drag Inter to Fifa

The NFA have warned Italian club Inter Milan they will ask world soccer governing body Fifa to order them to release striker Obafemi Martins for a 2004 Olympics qualifier in Egypt if they continue to refuse their request for the player.

"Inter are playing games with us over Obafemi and we will not take it any longer from them," said a very determined NFA scribe Taiwo Ogunjobi.

"This is the third time we have asked for the player's release and on all occasions they have refused us for one excuse or the other."

Ogunjobi added: "We first asked for the player in June before our first match against Namibia and they replied by saying he was injured and then for the All Africa Games, they again refused to release him after they had agreed to do so.”

"But they have made a big mistake this time by saying the match in Egypt is not a Fifa game and we have therefore written back to them that it is and if they don't play ball with us this time we have no option than to take the matter to Fifa."

Martins has yet to feature for any of the country's teams after he burst onto the scene last season while starring for Inter in both the league and the Uefa Champion League.

Posted on Thursday, October 16, 2003 - 13:48
Martins for Tunisia

Inter Milan rising star Obafemi Martins has finally given his word to NFA scribe Taiwo Ogunjobi that he will join the Super Eagles in Tunisia for the African Cup of Nations.

"I had very fruitful discussions with Martins in Italy and he has agreed to join the team in Tunisia for the Nations Cup," Ogunjobi told www.kickoffnigeriua.com.

"We have, however, agreed that he will not be part of the team's training camp in Portugal."

www.kickoffnigeria.com had exclusively revealed that the Inter shooting star will skip the training camp in Portugal.

The 19-year-old striker, who has banged in five goals thus far this season, has yet to be capped at any level by Nigeria.

Ogunjobi was in Europe this week to talk with several of the country's top stars. He was in England where he talked with skipper Austin 'Jay Jay' Okocha and Nwankwo Kanu while in France he was in touch with Bartholomew Ogbeche and John Utaka.

However, he could not reach Schalke 04 striker Victor Agali at his German base and so doubts about the player's availability for the Nations Cup remain.

Posted on Friday, December 19, 2003 - 8:35
The above references show it is Inter Milan that is frustrating Martins. Martins probably wants to play.
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I hope you guys realize that a coach pics the best players he can work with, not necessarily the players playing in big clubs. Cameroon has one of the best defenders in the Russian leaque by the name of Jerry Christian Tchuisse. How often do you see him play for Cameroon. Nada. Look at Daniel Ngom Kome. He plays for a second division in spain, and he gives his all to his country when it comes international duty. If Nigeria decides that they are gonna bring just the big names, then they are doomed. You know what happens when you have a constallation of stars. They all try to shine at the same time. Hence spoiling the team chemistery.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

kali,

Valid point
Cross
Egg
Egg

Post by Cross »

Bamendaboy,

Valid point