ANC NEWS: Muyiwa Lawal leaves for home.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
ANC NEWS: Muyiwa Lawal leaves for home.......

Post by Enugu II »

SENT HOME • Chukwu drops Lawal

Oluwole Josiah, Abuja (Culled from The Punch Newspaper online)

Super Eagles Coach, Mr. Christian Chukwu, has sent Spanish - based Muyiwa Lawal packing from the Nations Cup camp for failing to meet the fitness standard of the team.

Secretary-General of the Nigeria Football Association, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, said on Tuesday that the player was found with an injury which made him unfit for the task of prosecuting the Nations Cup.

According to him, Muyiwa, the younger brother of former Nigerian international, Oladimeji Lawal, was injured before he came to camp, but he wanted to keep it from the coach and other team officials.

Ogunjobi said that despite the player's attempts to conceal the injury, Chukwu eventually found out and asked him to leave.

The Secretary-General also said there were no new arrivals in camp, but noted that the players were in good spirit.

The Eagles were expected to play Luten FC on Tuesday night and will also play several other matches before proceeding to Tunisia for the Nations Cup.

With the exit of Lawal, the number has shrunk to 21, even though some of the notable players will not be arriving camp until late next week.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

That is a new one when it comes to playing for Nigeria. Concealing injury to play. It is usually the other way around faking injury to avoid playing. Good move on CCC's part.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Was Muyiwa Lawal ever invited in the first place?
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Larry:

He was on the initial list of 41.
Last edited by Enugu II on Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Was Muyiwa Lawal ever invited in the first place?
I believe so. I saw a list somewhere on the forum indicating that he was invited in the first place.
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

First it was he reported to say he was injured now itis he was trying to fake the injury...which one is it?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Perhaps you should consider a new screen name:

Russel Crow

Robbynice wrote:That is a new one when it comes to playing for Nigeria. Concealing injury to play. It is usually the other way around faking injury to avoid playing. Good move on CCC's part.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Robbynice wrote:That is a new one when it comes to playing for Nigeria. Concealing injury to play. It is usually the other way around faking injury to avoid playing. Good move on CCC's part.
Pls don't believe the Nigerian journalists with their rubbish sensationalism.

If a player is unfit, then it will show because he will not be 100% and will be difficult to conceal injury.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:

If a player is unfit, then it will show because he will not be 100% and will be difficult to conceal injury.
I believe you, naija journalists reports bull most of the time except for KOC.
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

omonaija wrote:
Larry Ashagbe wrote:

I believe you, naija journalists reports bull most of the time except for KOC.
I beg, u guys should give me a break... was it the journalist that said he was concealing injury?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Wasn't Amokaci supposed to be concealing an injury to play at France '98?
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

kai, who person go believe now. NFA chairman came here preaching how lovely and honest this boy is by going all the way to Faro just to inform CC he is truely injured. Now they are saying he tried to conceal an injury, hmm.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Chukwu decamps Lawal •As minister summons Ogunjobi

By Ben Alaiya (The Independent)

Sports Editor

The first casualty has emerged from the Super Eagles Faro, Portugal camp even as the result of the team’s friendly against top division side, Luten, last night is being eagerly awaited.

In Abuja, Sports and Social Development Minister, Musa Mohammed, a retired colonel also yesterday summoned the NFA leadership to brief him on plans for the Nations Cup, which is about three weeks away.

NFA Scribe, Chief Taiwo Ogunjobi, told Daily Independent that Coach Christian Chukwu has decamped Spanish based winger, Muyiwa Lawal, the younger brother of ex-Eagles winger, Dimeji Lawal. “Lawal has been nursing an injury and when he came to camp, he was honest enough to tell the coaching crew his condition, which he insisted will not allow him give the best at the moment and he therefore had to be decamped,” Ogunjobi said.

He said other players in camp are responding well to training even as the coaching crew said there would be no favouritism in the selection of players for the Nations Cup.

In a related development, the NFA yesterday briefed the sports minister on their plans so far for the Nations Cup in a marathon meeting summoned by the minister and attended by Sports Development Director, Chief Patrick, himself a former national team player. Details of the meeting were hazy but Ogunjobi said it was for the good of the national teams now and in the future.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Kai, na wa for Naija journos....Daily Independent says he honestly told the crew he was injured, while punch claims he was caught hiding the injury! What these guys need is the late Idiagbon (RIP)
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

You guys,
i informed you of this development of Lawal before it came out in teh papers. Punch said Ogunjobi found out, Independent said lawal infoemd Ogunjobi. Tell me, this player never kick ball for camp, is Ogunjobi or CCC a doctor to find out that he is injured? If he is hiding an injury, it means it is not too bad and he can atleast play 80% with it, meaning further that he doesnt limp while walking or show any sign of distress performing none football activities. With this, unless Ogunjobi na doctor he would never findout that Lawal is injured.

Please do not listen to this junk journalist.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

I have noticed that we like to dwell on little things too much on this forum. Really who cares what happened? Bottomline is Muyiwa is injuried and as a result he is not fit for trails. How they came to this conclusion is not relevant to me. Damn fellas lets move to something new. Jeez!
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

chief nfachairman wrote:You guys,
i informed you of this development of Lawal before it came out in teh papers. Punch said Ogunjobi found out, Independent said lawal infoemd Ogunjobi. Tell me, this player never kick ball for camp, is Ogunjobi or CCC a doctor to find out that he is injured? If he is hiding an injury, it means it is not too bad and he can atleast play 80% with it, meaning further that he doesnt limp while walking or show any sign of distress performing none football activities. With this, unless Ogunjobi na doctor he would never findout that Lawal is injured.

Please do not listen to this junk journalist.
Spot on my fren.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Thunder
Egg
Egg

Post by Thunder »

Thanks NFA chair. If I have not heard it here first, I'd have believed Muyiwa went to camp knowing he's injured. But thank goodness, the boy is forthright, and has more sense than CCC, Ogunjobi, and those foo!ish juornalists that wrote the stories.
WHATEVER, WHEREEVER, & WHENEVER, FOREVER ARSENAL! I am an ARSENALIST!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something." - Plato
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Chukwu sacks Lawal for hiding ankle injury
•••Laments Okocha, others’ absence
••• Aghahowa joins team January 5
By ANDREW ABAH in Abuja (Culled from NewAgeSports)

Super Eagles chief coach Christian Chukwu has sacked Muyiwa Lawal from the team’s Ria Park Hotel in Faro for hiding an injury he sustained whilst playing for his club.

Chukwu had watched Lawal struggled through some physical drills that he was conducting and directed the team’s medical personnel to subject him to further tests, which confirmed he was still nursing the ankle injury.
Lawal would be replaced by Belgium-based striker Mohammed Aliyu Datti who plies his trade for Standard Liege where he has scored five goals, even though he is on loan from Italian Serie A side, AC Milan of Italy.

Datti is expected to join the Eagles camp on Friday having received his letter of invitation whilst on holidays in the country.

Disclosing this to NewAgeSports in Abuja, Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) Taiwo Ogunjobi revealed that Chukwu was concerned about the late arrival of some of his key players, a fact he feared could work against the team’s preparations for the matches of the 2004 African Nations Cup competition.

Meanwhile, Nigeria's prolific attacker, Julius Aghahowa, is expected to leave the country's shores for the Super Eagles camp in Portugal on January 5.

Ogunjobi stressed that Aghahowa's international passport was being processed to enable him join his colleagues on time.

The NFA scribe defended Aghahowa's stay in the country, saying the player has been in touch with him since he came home on holidays, "explaining the problems he has been trying to solve while at home."
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Sorry to say, but it seems to me that Ben Alaiya (The Independent) copied what he read on the forum yesterday rather than actually witness what happened in camp.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Its a Goal wrote:Sorry to say, but it seems to me that Ben Alaiya (The Independent) copied what he read on the forum yesterday rather than actually witness what happened in camp.
None of these so-called journalists are in Faro. They are getting their stories third-hand through Ogunjobi (who is actually in Ibadan) or by cruising the Internet (which btw is how TALK IT believes that the coaches should scout players).
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

How come none of our journalists is at the camp for heaven's sake? Is it too much for these media houses to sponsor their sports editors to go cover important events like this?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

There are 3 SE players that are bigger than the team now,JJ.JA and Kanu all wastepipes! :x
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^