SUPER-EAGLES NEWS--41 TO 45 AND MORE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
SUPER-EAGLES NEWS--41 TO 45 AND MORE

Post by GUEST »

SOURCE: NEWSAGE

Eagles list hits 45 players mark, still counting

By ADE OJEIKERE

Except the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) calls Super Eagles chief coach Christian Chukwu to order, the list of invited players to the team’s camp in Faro, Portugal may rise beyond its present 45-man list as at Tuesday night.

Indeed, Chukwu had pencilled down a 41-man list for the camping exercise and has since extended letters of invitation to Bartholomew Ogbeche, Pius Ikedia, Mohammed Aliyu Datti, with strong indications that Sochaux FC of France’s midfielder Wilson Oruma likely to join the team by this weekend.

And with less than 17 days to the submission of Nigeria’s 22-man list to the Confederation of African Football (CAF), it is better imagined how Chukwu intends to cope with 45 players when all the big boys would have joined the team on January 11.

Of significant importance is the fact that feelers from the team’s Ria Park hotel in Faro indicates that most of the home-based players would be dropped thereby raising fears that the camping exercise was just a ruse since the players to represent the country have already been selected without knowing their current form. Interestingly, all the big boys would start strolling into the camp on January 11 whilst the final list would be sent to CAF five days later.

It remains to be seen how Chukwu intends to pick those late-comers ahead of those who are under-going serious training and participating in friendly matches since last week Saturday in Faro.
Last edited by GUEST on Wed Dec 31, 2003 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO

where is Gotti to defend this?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Some people on the forum would find this piece of news interesting; they feel the more shambolic and disorganized we are, the brighter the prospect of our winning the ANC. They even termed it the "Nigerian factor"; they opined that we do better under shambolic preparations. Sick minds! Robby u there?
...but with God all things are possible...
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Jiggerman21 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO

So now you have started believing news article from Nigeria. :shock: Na real wa for our people.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

geminikoat wrote:Some people on the forum would find this piece of news interesting; they feel the more shambolic and disorganized we are, the brighter the prospect of our winning the ANC. They even termed it the "Nigerian factor"; they opined that we do better under shambolic preparations. Sick minds! Robby u there?
I am here. Look believe what you want to believe but IMO this is article is/was cooked up to sell papers. It is so amazing how NFA or should I say CCC's bashers find it easy to believe news article from Nigeria when it entails negativity.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Robbynice wrote:
geminikoat wrote:Some people on the forum would find this piece of news interesting; they feel the more shambolic and disorganized we are, the brighter the prospect of our winning the ANC. They even termed it the "Nigerian factor"; they opined that we do better under shambolic preparations. Sick minds! Robby u there?
I am here. Look believe what you want to believe but IMO this is article is/was cooked up to sell papers. It is so amazing how NFA or should I say CCC's bashers find it easy to believe news article from Nigeria when it entails negativity.
The accuracy of this report does not absolve you from your statement Robby. Actually this should coroborate your assertion that we will win the ANC since we are becoming more and more disorganized in our belated prep. for the ANC. Feel free tp disagree.
...but with God all things are possible...
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

this should have been done a long time ago...just not now!!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: SUPER-EAGLES NEWS--41 TO 45 AND MORE

Post by txj »

So the allmighty ignorant Ade Ojeikere wants to select home-based players like Ugochukwu over Kanu on account of having undergone serious training over one week in camp.
And BTW, who says we don't know the form of our first team players....
However you've gotta feel sorry for the likes of Ojeikere, who in spite of several years in sports journalism is yet to understand that players stake their national team shirts first in their various clubs, and then confirm it on invitation and on game day. The talk of fighting for a shirt is simply amatuerish...

[quote="GUEST"]SOURCE: NEWSAGE

Eagles list hits 45 players mark, still counting

By ADE OJEIKERE
It remains to be seen how Chukwu intends to pick those late-comers ahead of those who are under-going serious training and participating in friendly matches since last week Saturday in Faro.[/

Of significant importance is the fact that feelers from the team’s Ria Park hotel in Faro indicates that most of the home-based players would be dropped thereby raising fears that the camping exercise was just a ruse since the players to represent the country have already been selected without knowing their current form. Interestingly, all the big boys would start strolling into the camp on January 11 whilst the final list would be sent to CAF five days later.

quote]
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am sure before the camp closes on Jan 6, or should I say Jan 14 :P, that list would have swollen to 50 :x.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Egunje
Egg
Egg

Post by Egunje »

CCC is still waiting for JJ and kanu to help him make his final 22.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

txj: You are missing the point, the query is on the rationale of spending thousands of dollars on meaningless camp when those players who will form the bull wark of the selected 22 will not spend a day in that fabled camp! the wisdom of calling 45 players to camp when you already knows your 22 team squad is quite beffudling.

The only good thing I see about the camp is that it effectively forclose any argument about the exclusions of the likes of Muyiwa Lawal, whose brothers had earlier raised eyebrows about his exclusion even though the former was injured.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

geminikoat wrote:
Robbynice wrote:
The accuracy of this report does not absolve you from your statement Robby. Actually this should coroborate your assertion that we will win the ANC since we are becoming more and more disorganized in our belated prep. for the ANC. Feel free tp disagree.
Ol'boy lighten up a little and don't be too uptight. Na wetin? When I said that in my 'give credit to who credit is due' thread, I only included that as a joke. Besides because there are controversies what makes you think that the stories are always true? And in the past we haven't won with such so what gives you the impression that I believe we are going to win the ANC based on controversies? I know in your hatred of the NFA, you will go all length to prove your points but you really don't have to start assuming unnecessarily to get you point across. My question still remain that why is okay for people like you to believe stories such as this when it is full of negatives but if it the other way round, you guys will refuse to believe because it is from the Nigerian press.
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

Jiggerman21 wrote:LMAO

J21:
What is there to "defend"?! I will reiterate that there are many ways to paradise and no singular ultimate number of invitees. Each coach should have the freedom to run his program and such program can only be validly judged retrospectively based on the results achieved thereupon.

Actually, the very notion of wasting any portion of my life responding to the Ade "single agendum" Ojeikere is quite nauseating. Nevertheless, I ask the same question that I asked of the legislator this morning: what grants his opinion any more validity than mine?!
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Simple common sense suggest going to the ANC with your best 22- man team. This involves your top European international and some home base player.

what is the important or benefit of inviting 45 players that have no chance or hope of making the team.
Gotti
Re: SUPER-EAGLES NEWS--41 TO 45 AND MORE

Post by Gotti »

It remains to be seen how Chukwu intends to pick those late-comers ahead of those who are under-going serious training and participating in friendly matches since last week Saturday in Faro.
The same way that England's Sven Ericksson (a hero of the colonialized) picked an injured David Beckham for the World Cup over "who are under-going serious training and participating in friendly matches"!
Gotti

Post by Gotti »

realtrouble wrote:what is the important or benefit of inviting 45 players that have no chance or hope of making the team.
REALTROUBLE:
Obviously, just like the rest of us mortals, Chukwu lacks the supernatural powers of clairvoyancy that many in this forum apparently possess. So maybe he has to look at 45 (actually 44) players to arrive at his final 22.

I ask again, how many CEs would have regarded Julius Aghahowa as a potential star of ANC 2000 prior to that competition?! Unfortunately, many CE folks pay way too much attention to the mastubatory postings of various lists and formations herein.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

txj,

Well said.

Most Nigerian journalists including ADE OJEIKERE are on this forum 24/7 reading our comments and lifting stories non stop.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hahahahaaha... the usual excuses from all CCC theorists, and loyalists... cheii God help us....
Soldier of Fortune...
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Robbynice wrote:

May God bless you abundantly, Robby.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. What bothers me more than anything else is how some supposedly mature and intelligent forumers would believe anything....even though things that obviously don't make sense.
It really boggles the mind....is it delusion, insanity, or stupidity???
Gooner1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gooner1 »

All this inviting players is nonsense. I have to say that to date this is one of the worst organised campings.

We are going nowhere
“If this year, you cannot compete with Spurs, with all the respect I have for them, and Leicester, then change your sport. I’m sorry.” Emmanuel Petit

"I didn't buy Arsenal stake to win trophies" Kroneke
rosiesports
Egg
Egg
wilson oruma?

Post by rosiesports »

:shock: anyway nobody is against his coming to the camp but the last time such opportunity was given him he messed up.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

MI5 wrote:Hahahahaaha... the usual excuses from all CCC theorists, and loyalists... cheii God help us....
God help you...you need help! An actual post without mentioning "Hey-You"?

Wow! There's hope...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Cellular

I know no sey you dey monitor my postings like this wow abi you also wan become "hey You" too? Abeg ohh no bi BASEBALL we dey follow for hia... but no worry sha i know sey "Hey You" loyalists are working round the clock to amke sure their players make the team... :P
Soldier of Fortune...