Athens 2004 Olympic: Falcons' invitation excites Oparaocha

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Athens 2004 Olympic: Falcons' invitation excites Oparaocha

Post by VINDAVE »

Athens 2004 Olympic qualifier
Falcons' invitation excites Oparaocha

By Gowon Akpodonor

ONE of the invited home-based players for the Athens 2004 Olympic qualifying match between the Super Falcons of Nigeria and Black Queens of Ghana, Chizoba Oparaocha has expressed happiness over the call-up.

Oparaocha, who helped Delta Queens of Asaba to lift the National Super Six trophy in Umuahia, the Abia State capital, told The Guardian recently that she would do everything possible to get a shirt in the Falcons.

"I am very happy to see my name in the list of those invited to camp. I will continue to work hard to see that I get a shirt in the Falcons team," Oparaocha stated.

The former Rivers Angels of Port Harcourt attacker revealed that she alongside Pelican Stars of Calabar midfielder, Ajumai Ameh have commenced intensive training in an undisclosed location in Lagos ahead of the January 4 resumption date for the Falcons.

Coach Ismaila Mabo had invited Oparaocha and other young players to fight for a place in the Falcons team

A total number of 39 home based and six foreign-based players are expected to report at the hostel of the Liberty Stadium Ibadan on January 4.

Meanwhile, female football followers have called on the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) not to toy with the Olympics qualifying match between the Falcons and their West African neighbour, Black Queens of Ghana.

Some of the fans who spoke stated that the team's handlers must be given all the assistance needed to win the match, which will take place between January 29-31 in a yet to be determined venue in Nigeria.

It will be recalled that all the past encounters between the Falcons and the Ghana's Black Queens had always generated a lot of tension.

The Ghanaian girls defeated Falcons 1-0 in the group stage of the 2002 African Women Championship in Warri before the coach Sam Okpodu-led Falcons took their pound of flesh, beating the Black Queens 2-0 in the final to win the trophy for keeps.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

I wish her well.... What about my petite forward Rita? is she in the squad?
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol: