Dispute: Yekini Found Guilty

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Dispute: Yekini Found Guilty

Post by VINDAVE »

Land Dispute: Yekini Found Guilty

Fined for trespassing
From Ayodeji Fashikun in Ilorin

-------------------------thisday sports today----------------------------------

An Offa High Court in Kwara State has found the 1994 African Footballer of the Year, Rasheed Yekini, guilty of trespassing in a land dispute located along the Ajase-Ipo to Offa Road in Ijagbo. He was fined and barred from further trespassing on the said property.

Delivering judgement in the case with suit number KWS/OF/21/95 Justice M.O. Adewara ordered that the interest or right over the disputed land and house thereon covered by the Right of Occupancy No 0342 is null, void and of no effect.

He fined Yekini N20, 000 for 'trespass committed on the said land' and in addition gave an order of perpetual injunction restraining the former African Footballer of the Year, his assigns, servants, workers, agents or otherwise howsoever from further committing any act of trespass on the said plot of land.

In the course of the matter in dispute, it was found out that one Yahaya Lawal, (the Second Defendant) a child of the owner of the house in dispute purportedly sold the house to Rasheed Yekini over which the other children of the mother rose up to challenge the proprietary rights of Yahaya in selling the same property.

Neither Yekini nor the other defendant, Lawal, appeared throughout the proceedings of the case since 1995 until when judgement was given. The disputed property is located on a two-plot at Ijagbo, a settlement near Offa in Kwara State. What becomes of the money the former Super Eagles player paid for the house is one question on the lips of everybody.

Yekini was dragged before the court by one Alhaja Miriam Ajibola Lawal and two others for occupying the land belonging to their late mother, Alhaja Alarape Iyanda and her uncompleted story building without consulting them, which land was neither sold nor the property on the land. Deji Gbadeyan appeared for the plaintiffs while Uche Amajo appeared for Yekini.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Dem done play Ya king 419 :D
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Land dispute na serious problem in Nigeria and does cost lives.

Buyers beware.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Land dispute na serious problem in Nigeria and does cost lives.

Buyers beware.
That is TRUE Larry, I don't pray anyone to fall into such a trash... is even full of DIBOLISM... Many Babalawo don get plenti chickens for sake of Land well well... Na only God go help us plus Yeking.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Dem for give the land to Goal fada now! After all the joy he has given Naija!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Elexus
Egg
Egg

Post by Elexus »

I don't understand this. Was there no proper transfer of title? How could Yekini buy a land without his lawyer checking to see who had title to the property? I really sympathise with him.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Good advice Larry.
who no know go know.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

Hmmmmm.........E get as e be. This looks like a case of not looking before you leap.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Rule of law guys, I'm about to move this thread to Rant & Rave.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Land dispute na serious problem in Nigeria and does cost lives.

Buyers beware.
Spot on Larry.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

:roll: is this rant and rave related :arrow: :lol: