New EnyimbaTechnical Adviser Resumes Jan. 5

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

No problem with Ikhana - Kalu

--------------THISDAY SPORTS TODAY----------------------------------

The newly employed foreign coach for Enyimba Michael Urukalo will formally resume with the Aba-based club on the 5th of next month. He will, however, not be coming to take over from Kadiri Ikhana, the local hand who guided the club to continental glory early this month.

According to Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu, the Abia State Governor Urukalo is being employed to provide 'technical assistance' to the local team handlers.

While insisting that he had 'absolutely no problem' with Ikhana, the governor explained that they needed a foreign coach because he would be more experienced in the handling of international players' transfers than his local counterpart.

"I have absolutely no problem with Ikhana he is my very good friend. Unless he has problems with the management I have no plans to sack or demote him he still remains the chief coach of the club. But we need a technical adviser who will also help us develop the business side of the game."

He said although the club may be winning on the field of play, unless they were able to make the best of their success then all the investment would be in vain.

"We are winning our games but we now need some one who will be able to help us market our players and at very good prices. I see a time when we will be able to sell our players for one or two million dollars but the only way to make this happen is to have some one whom the foreign clubs will trust his judgement and not feel he is trying to rip them off by selling substandard players to them.

"And because he is working for us he will also ensure that we get the best deal possible from the clubs," he explained.

According to the governor the new technical adviser will also make the trip to Abidjan to help prepare Enyimba for the new season.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

:shock: Darn!!!!! This man is darn good businessman......It's about time...

DR Kalu for President!!!!!!!!
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

KALU you're the man !!!!!!!!!!!!!
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Waiting Una deh praise am for... and why we go vote am for President of Nigeria - unless u are talking of President of Enyimba business football club. Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

There are some things that needs to be fully addressed if this is going to work like,
Who picks the team?
Who has the final say on the tactics to be deployed?
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

It is all good news.