Sharks players get sign on fees for new season

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

Daily Independent Online. * Wednesday, December 31, 2003.

By Emeka Nwani

Senior Correspondent, Lagos

Players and officials of Sharks Football Club of Port Harcourt have received N100, 000 as part of their sign on fees for next season. The money, which was released this week, will enable the players concentrate in the task of returning the team to the Premier League. The players who will resume next Monday are already bubbling with excitement that the government has their interest at heart and want to reciprocate the good gesture.

According to a source close to the team who spoke to Daily Independent from Port Harcourt, the players and officials are eager to do all within their power to gain promotion at the end of next season.

“The money came at the right time. This is because the players can now be rest assured that their welfare would be taken into consideration next season.

“The money would also act as a morale booster for the players who lost in the finals of the Coca-Cola FA Cup last season.

“The government through the Rivers State Sports Commissioner, All Well Onyesoh, said they are interested in the team and would want to see to it that the glory day come back.

“ Onyesoh has proven to be a good leader because the players would come back to camp with a good mind to work for the club and make a name for themselves. “The team has forgotten that they went on relegation and are prepared to face the new season with all viguor.

“Coaches Amodu Shuiabu and Solomon Ogbeide have assured that the team will be a force to reckon with next season.” The players apart from the sign on fees have also received three months backlog of salaries, while the new players got this month salary. Sharks is preparing seriously for the new season and Onyesoh has said nothing will stop the team from making an impact in next football year.

“ I am so sure the team will be the cynosure of all eyes next season. The government is determined to support them until they achieve their aim to become one of the best clubs in the country,” Onyesoh added. Dolphin also of Port-Harcourt have received their three months outstanding salary as new coach Phillip Boamah get set to transform the team after they barely escaped relegation last season.

Boamah, who was contracted to assist Under 23 handler, Musa Abduallahi, have vowed to weed out the players who have no business with the team.

The players have been training at the Liberation Stadium and the salary will help motivate the players to begin to think of doing well next season.

Boamah is ready to prove that he is still a good coach after he was sacked from Kwara United and the salary for the players is a good incentive for the players to do well next football year.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

I thought that sharks FC are in division 1?? How come Amodu still dey there??
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
nasoo
Egg
Egg

Post by nasoo »

Very good for sharks :idea:
IN GOD I TRUST, WITHOUT HIM I AM NOTHING
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Let's hope the boys get paid.
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

omonaija wrote:I thought that sharks FC are in division 1?? How come Amodu still dey there??
Na wao, how come nobody answer my question now!? :evil:
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Omonaija,
Sharks are in division one.
Amodu is still there because he made a promise that if sharks were relegated under him he would stay and bring them back up.
But between us, which coach will leave a club that paid him 8.5million naira for a five month job, including a brand new peugeot 406 car and a six bedroom duplex.
He also got close to 2 million naira for losing in the final of the challenge cup.
If na u, you go comot?
And LArry, Sharks and Dolphins players always get paid.
When it comes to welfare, Sharks and Doplhins are second to none
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Very good for Sharks and Rivers sports.I hope other teams Borrow A leaf.
who no know go know.
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:Let's hope the boys get paid.
I think they will be paid. Nigeria football now has some good money that some players earn more than those Nigerian players based in Malta and Eastern European countries. I am aware of two Premiership Clubs in Nigeria who do at times give up to N50,000 as bonus to their players.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Football Manager wrote:
Larry Ashagbe wrote:Let's hope the boys get paid.
I think they will be paid. Nigeria football now has some good money that some players earn more than those Nigerian players based in Malta and Eastern European countries. I am aware of two Premiership Clubs in Nigeria who do at times give up to N50,000 as bonus to their players.

Not Eastern Europe.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Sir V,
Some Eastern European Countries. Example: Belarus, latvia. Some players in Poland receive less.