Okocha's beauty in motion (screenshots)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sampo
Egg
Egg
Okocha's beauty in motion (screenshots)

Post by Sampo »

Yaounde, take that from the maestro. Enough said! :shock: :P :oops: :D :mrgreen:

Gooooooooooooooal!!!
Last edited by Sampo on Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
platinum
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by platinum »

correct one sampo.
Evans Bipi, had declared to the press, “Why must [Governor Amaechi] be insulting my mother, my Jesus Christ on earth?”
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

Bamendafag wasup?
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet
Classic goal

Post by Mudi E »

Great images of that goal...Sampo. Thank you.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

nice :mrgreen:
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

green4life wrote:nice :mrgreen:
Excellent. Brilliant.
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Very nice!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Most underrated aspect of the freekick is the work done on Cameroon's wall by Kanu. The picture helps tell the story.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Enugu II wrote:Most underrated aspect of the freekick is the work done on Cameroon's wall by Kanu. The picture helps tell the story.
I understand what u're saying...but take a look at the video again...i doubt if that was Kanu....I'm seeing Udeze....I might be wrong tho!
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Oh what a spectaular goal :D.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Riche007 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Most underrated aspect of the freekick is the work done on Cameroon's wall by Kanu. The picture helps tell the story.
I understand what u're saying...but take a look at the video again...i doubt if that was Kanu....I'm seeing Udeze....I might be wrong tho!

Richie007:

Trust me, it is Kanu. I have watched the tape of the game three times already today!! Infact, the pictures posted here do not do enough justice to what he did on that wall to help Okocha's kick. Yet it appears that few of us even noticed.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon Feb 09, 2004 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

What a strike!!!!
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

I still can't get over the goal. That was how spectacular it was. 8)
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Enugu II wrote:
Riche007 wrote:

Richie007:

Trust me, it is Kanu. I have watched the tape of the game three times already today!! Infact, the pictures posted here do not do enough justice to what he did on that wall to help Okocha's kick. Yet it appears that few of us even noticed.
EII: Take a look at the clip and just after the goal is scored, watch the SE guy (Udeze) in the wall run to JJ....Okocha's freekick
PS...I aint disputing Kanu's game...I thot he had a great game.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Riche007, please give me a break. I just rewatch that play again and believe me when I say it was Kanu standing at the wall of defense of the Cameroon making it easier for Oga to do damage with his strike. Those are the things my boy brings to the game.
Bombastic
Egg
Egg

Post by Bombastic »

It was Kanu. First, Udeze is NOT that tall. Second, Udeze does not bend his legs at the knees like that while standing. Only Kanu does that. Kanu's height blocked the view of the goalie. And by standing at the edge of the wall, he distorted its shape. Okocha complimented and complemented Kanu's efforts with a genius free kick.
Verbum Sapienti----A word to the wise.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Bombastic wrote:It was Kanu. First, Udeze is NOT that tall. Second, Udeze does not bend his legs at the knees like that while standing. Only Kanu does that. Kanu's height blocked the view of the goalie. And by standing at the edge of the wall, he distorted its shape. Okocha complimented and complemented Kanu's efforts with a genius free kick.
Pls, it's one thing to give credit to a player...it's another thing to assume he did something when he didnt....take a look at the clip again...IT WAS UDEZE (AND NOT KANU) THAT WAS IN THE WALL!!!

Thanx to EW - http://www.nigerianwizardry.com/downloa ... n_2004.wmv

FYI, i didnt even observe anything till EII pointed it out and i decided to go re-watch the game especially that part.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Riche007 wrote:
Bombastic wrote:It was Kanu. First, Udeze is NOT that tall. Second, Udeze does not bend his legs at the knees like that while standing. Only Kanu does that. Kanu's height blocked the view of the goalie. And by standing at the edge of the wall, he distorted its shape. Okocha complimented and complemented Kanu's efforts with a genius free kick.
Pls, it's one thing to give credit to a player...it's another thing to assume he did something when he didnt....take a look at the clip again...IT WAS UDEZE (AND NOT KANU) THAT WAS IN THE WALL!!!

Thanx to EW - http://www.nigerianwizardry.com/downloa ... n_2004.wmv

FYI, i didnt even observe anything till EII pointed it out and i decided to go re-watch the game especially that part.
You stubborn sha. Why don't you go get the game on tape where you can see the actions prior to, during and after the free kick with the benefit of reply to support. This blind argument is uncalled for. I just re-watched it on tape just now and that player causing havoc on the Cameroonian line of defense was Kanu. Jeez!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Enugu II, I beg to differ...can did nothing to help okocha's free kick...it was all okcha..wheter the wall was moved or not ,the ball would have still scaled it nicely...Besides, this isn't the first time okocha is scoring a free kick..he hs done it form tighter angles and i dont thin he needed anyone to move the wall for him..kanu deserves no credit for Okocha's goal...if u give knau creditthen u might as well give every other nigeiran player who stood arround the 18 credit too...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
khalela

Post by khalela »

Sampo,
Thanks for the pics.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

No arguements here.Udeze can clearly be seen(#16 with his socks at his knees) away from the wall.Kanu is unmistakably part of the wall.As for the free kick,to borrow a popular French utterance for the understanding of my Camerounian brothers-OH LA LA!That match answers ALL questions as to the African Footballer of the Year 2003.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

excellent :mrgreen:
papa kojo
Egg
Egg

Post by papa kojo »

whether na Kanu or Udeze, the important thing is that the ball hit the net.
The CFI commentator was quoted as saying that even two goalkeepers in Cameroun's goal would not have stopped the ball from entering the net.
Who said Onigbide's eagles was "JUNK"