Okocha's beauty in motion (screenshots)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Apart from analysing the majesty of JJ's free-kick yesterday, the BBC TV post-match analysis also analysed the role KANU played in the Camerounian wall.
They showed it a couple of times, clearly showing how KANU had not only used his HEIGHT to obstruct the keeper's view and thus force him (the keeper) further to the LEFT of his goal, but also how KANU had destabilised the wall itself, a la Van Nisteroy.

Unless we all don't know who KANU is. :?: :lol:

But Efan Ekoku and John Salako were both part of the 4-man discussion panel.

So go figure...

damunK
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

Enugu II wrote:
Riche007 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:Most underrated aspect of the freekick is the work done on Cameroon's wall by Kanu. The picture helps tell the story.
I understand what u're saying...but take a look at the video again...i doubt if that was Kanu....I'm seeing Udeze....I might be wrong tho!

Richie007:

Trust me, it is Kanu. I have watched the tape of the game three times already today!! Infact, the pictures posted here do not do enough justice to what he did on that wall to help Okocha's kick. Yet it appears that few of us even noticed.

EII,
i noticed it just thata i couldnt figure out who did that in the wall.
unlike u i havent had the opportunity to watch the game again.
I watched it from the studios of CTL Cable TV here in Port Harcourt where i was a live guest for the match and i forgot to make arrangements to have the game recorded.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

BBCspent quite some time analysing Kanu's effect on that goal. It is obviously something they worked on in practice and it eliminated what little chance Kanemi had of getting to that ball.

Even if you are a basher, there is no harm in giving Kanu credit for 5% of that goal. If you watched BBC, they literally made it sound like he helped JJ kick the ball, that's how important they found it.

And by the way, how can someone who actually watched the match say that it was Udeze in the wall?????!??!!!!!??!!!!! Maybe it wasn't JJ who took the freekick, but Yobo?
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

the goalie was running away from the ball. one word to describe the goal "magic"
http://www.melangeGO.com/
A family oriented online fashion store. Offering high quality products at low cost.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

That was Kanu in the wall, and that routine must have been practiced and finally thank you Sampo for the pics.
To stop trying is to start dying
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

very very good
KoC
Egg
Egg

Post by KoC »

That was Kanu in the wall, no question. Udeze is the man to the left of JJ and running towards the ref b4 the FK was taken. The camera picked him up on that shot becos he was the closest to JJ.
. . . all about the players. Total posts: 725 and counting. . .

Blogzilla
KickOff Nigeria

I love Arsenal. Such entertainment!! The kind of soccer we want for the kind of results we hate!!!
---Polly waxes lyrical after Burnley nyansh the ARSE
Egg
Egg

Post by Moderator »

Robbynice wrote:I still can't get over the goal. That was how spectacular it was. 8)

Kanu sucks!!! :)
voodoo
Egg
Egg

Post by voodoo »

Beauty in motion indeed.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

KickOff Chief wrote:That was Kanu in the wall, no question. Udeze is the man to the left of JJ and running towards the ref b4 the FK was taken. The camera picked him up on that shot becos he was the closest to JJ.
Yeah...my bad....ur explanation made me re-watch the goal again....Udeze was closer to JJ when the kick was taken.....that's why the camera picked him up...i cud pick Kanu out in the wall cos of his white hand band. Good game tho.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942