Scotland:Vogts looks for new captain in ManU Darren Fletcher

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

VINDAVE
Scotland:Vogts looks for new captain in ManU Darren Fletcher

Post by VINDAVE »

Vogts looks for new captain

CHAMPION SPORTS

SCOTLAND coach Berti Vogts has revealed that Manchester United Star Darren Fletcher could be his new captain following Barry Ferguson’s injury.

Blackburn midfielder Ferguson faces a lengthy spell on the sidelines after breaking his kneecap against Newcastle last weekend.

Vogts is sweating over Ferguson’s fitness ahead of the beginning of Scotland’s World Cup qualifying campaign in September.

The German coach admitted he would probably choose his new skipper from Christian Dailly, Steven Pressley and Fletcher.

"It’s a terrible thing to happen," said Vogts of Ferguson’s injury.

"We’ve a series of friendlies and we’re planning a summer tour and we wanted him involved.

"But the captaincy doesn’t worry me. We have Christian Dailly, Steven Pressley and we also have Darren Flecher who could do it".

Vogts plans to visit Ferguson to wish him all the best in his recovery from the injury.

"I hope I’ll be able to contact him tomorrow (Wednesday) directly after he has had his operation", added Vogts.

"He’ll be coming to Glasgow at some stage, but I will go to Blackburn to see him".