NFA again. Minister kicks them out of Hotel

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

muzines
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFA again. Minister kicks them out of Hotel

Post by muzines »

Minister sacks NFA members from Eagles’ hotel
•••Returns to Nigeria
By ADE OJEIKERE in Sfax

Sports minister Musa Mohammed has directed the Secretary General of the Nigeria Football Association NFA, Taiwo Ogunjobi to ensure that no member of the board resides in the Super Eagles’ Kuriat Palace Hotel in Monastir should Nigeria qualify for the semi-finals stage of the Africa Nations Cup competition holding in Tunisia.

Indeed the minister was shocked to hear that some of the board members who had collected their full estacodes running into thousands of US dollars were being housed by the association even when the members had been paid hotel allowances.

The board members incurred the minister’s wrath when they reported Ogunjobi arguing that the secretary general was running the affairs of the association without their inputs. In fact the members had summoned Ogunjobi to disclose how much was approved to the association to prosecute Nigeria’s Africa Nations Cup matches.

Following the submission of what government released to NFA to the members, some of them went behind Ogunjobi to the minister asking if indeed what Ogunjobi disclosed was the actual figure released by the government.

The minister, in the presence of the board members called Ogunjobi expressing his disappointment in the secretary general for disclosing what government approved to the members. He immediately warned Ogunjobi not to be cajoled by the antics of the members stressing that as the chief executive of the association, nobody had the right to ask him for what government released while urging him to take full charge of the Nigerian contingent since he would be the one that would accountable for all funds released to him by the sports ministry.

--------------------

These guys are morons.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

I wonder where they get theses guys from :shock:
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Why does the Minister not want us to kno whow much was approved by government. Last time I checked, that was our money they were spending.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

According to Fela na "demonstrationofcraze."
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

What happened to transparency?
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by GUEST »

ADE OJEKEIRE THE WRITER:

Anytime Nigeria played and WIN, this guy always want to bring the PUBLIC

BAD NEWS-HIS NEWS OFCOURSE.
khalela

Post by khalela »

MI5,
Where you dey?Dem don they find our mouth oh!!Nonsense NFA.Maybe someone in the Sports Ministry read our complaints. However,there is still a lot to be done.
Robby,your take :wink:
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

There's always some fight brewing somewhere. Na Wa!
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

I had the chance to finally identify and meet this Ojeikere guy at the hotel after the game, and he strikes me as a really sad figure. Apparently, he had egg all over his face for predicting a Cameroon win and giving the Super Eagles no chance...
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

But what is our sport minister doing in Tunisia himself? I mean he should be at home and let the crew concentrate on their job, provided OGUNJOBI is ready to give a good account of his stewardship.
VINDAVE

Post by VINDAVE »

mister dolly wrote:I had the chance to finally identify and meet this Ojeikere guy at the hotel after the game, and he strikes me as a really sad figure. Apparently, he had egg all over his face for predicting a Cameroon win and giving the Super Eagles no chance...
MD, Pls ask him if he Ojeikere is a Nigerian. The guy is worse than an ENEMY.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

MD let am know sey im dey under CE microscope.
who no know go know.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Block head and big belle syndrome at work again. How can all this be happening at this crucial time? The real heroes of this tournament are the Nigerian players themselves who have had to work with next to nothing to bring glory to Naija.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

GUEST wrote:ADE OJEKEIRE THE WRITER:

Anytime Nigeria played and WIN, this guy always want to bring the PUBLIC

BAD NEWS-HIS NEWS OFCOURSE.

That is Ade Ojeikere's styleand i dont think anyone can change it.
If you watch him on TV he is the same.
I like him because he brings tha other side of the news
And as long as he is not lying, why not?
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

mister dolly wrote:I had the chance to finally identify and meet this Ojeikere guy at the hotel after the game, and he strikes me as a really sad figure. Apparently, he had egg all over his face for predicting a Cameroon win and giving the Super Eagles no chance...

MD, i may not agree with you on this one.
Ade might have been everything against Chukwu, the Eagles and the NFA but ever since the NAtions Cup kicked off two weeks ago he has surtprisingly said this is the best NAtional team the country has assembled in the last decade.
I have not missed any of his commentaries on his new age newpapers and i am shocked any time i read Ade praise Chukwu's Eagles.
Ade might be a very controversial person but this time i think he supprted the Eagles right from day one od the ANC