CHUKWU WAS A MERE FIGURE-HEAD-SIASIA(Nigeriansportsonline)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Obong
Egg
Egg
CHUKWU WAS A MERE FIGURE-HEAD-SIASIA(Nigeriansportsonline)

Post by Obong »

Super Eagles assistant coach and World Youth Championship(WYC) Holland 2005 silver-medal winning coach, Samson Yebowei Siasia, has come out openly to castigate ex-Eagles coach Christian Chukwu describing him as a mere figure- head in his time as the team’s coach.
Christain Chukwu was appointed Super Eagles coach in 2002 and was suspended by the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) in June 2005 after the Eagles disappointing 1-1 draw with Angola in Kano, a result that put the nation’s World Cup qualifying hopes in jeopardy.

Austin Eguavoen, his assistant then, was promoted to chief coach and he appointed Samson Siaisia after his WYC feat alongside Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorounmu as his assistants.

The Super Eagles failed to make the World Cup final losing out to Angola on the head-to-head rule and Siasia has come down hard on Chukwu.

Siasia told NIGERIANSPORTSONLINE.COM:

“Well, I think a coach who knows his worth should not be pushed around.

“Chukwu was to me a mere figure-head in his time as chief coach.

“If not, he should not have allowed anybody, be it in the NFA or the Sports Ministry, to push him around.

“If Chukwu knows his worth as a coach, he wouldn’t have allowed anybody take the Eagles game against Angola to Kano.

“To me the man (Chukwu) was not in charge and in tune with the team, and was just a mere figure-head while there as coach.

“I mean, the same team that found it difficult scoring in matches suddenly scored 16 goals in four games when I, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Shorounmu and coach Adisa took charge of the team.

“It’s really sad, but to me that’s the way it is and there is nothing we can do about it,” Siasia said.

BY LEKAN IDOWU
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Hard Man
Egg
Egg

Post by Hard Man »

Na wa ... is this a factual report? Not something cooked up by a bored journalist facing space-filling deadline?!
I have seen the future, and it is dirty. Dirty Leeds.

I raised the alarm at work today. The midgets were furious.

I have some new agoraphobic anorexic neighbors; they must have skeletons in their closet.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

If care is not taken, Siasia will become "fumbling and wobbling" coach like Fanny Amu. It was the same way Amu was running his mouth after 1993 Junior WC ..only for him to become "wobbling and fumbling" coach less than 18 months after in the maiden edition of AYC
Check out Sooting's website:
https://shootingstarssc.com/
Hard Man
Egg
Egg

Post by Hard Man »

This is why I love Nigerians ... who else but a Nigerian would come up with the phrase "fumbling and wobbling" to describe a coach>

Truth be told, Amu was a fumbler and wobbler from the start. If you looked at his U-17 '93 team, there was the slightest hint of "fumble wobble" but the sheer force of Kanu and Oruma held them steady.
Toxicarrow wrote:If care is not taken, Siasia will become "fumbling and wobbling" coach like Fanny Amu. It was the same way Amu was running his mouth after 1993 Junior WC ..only for him to become "wobbling and fumbling" coach less than 18 months after in the maiden edition of AYC

I have some new agoraphobic anorexic neighbors; they must have skeletons in their closet.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Hard Man wrote:Na wa ... is this a factual report? Not something cooked up by a bored journalist facing space-filling deadline?!
I wonder if he said that and if he did, whether such phrases were used.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Hard Man wrote:This is why I love Nigerians ... who else but a Nigerian would come up with the phrase "fumbling and wobbling" to describe a coach>]
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Toxicarrow wrote:If care is not taken, Siasia will become "fumbling and wobbling" coach like Fanny Amu. It was the same way Amu was running his mouth after 1993 Junior WC ..only for him to become "wobbling and fumbling" coach less than 18 months after in the maiden edition of AYC

A confident coach that knows his worth can speak his mind. SiaSia is a proven winner the last two age tournaments are evidence of his leadership qualities.
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

realtrouble wrote:

A confident coach that knows his worth can speak his mind. SiaSia is a proven winner the last two age tournaments are evidence of his leadership qualities.
The achievement of Siasia is not any where better than what the likes of Chris Udemezue, Paul Hamilton and Tunde Disu achieved with the Flying Eagles. At this stage, Siasia is not 'a genius' as many of you and media made him to be.

It is also a well-known fact that quite a number of the players that he took to the WC are several years older than their 'official age' in the tournament.
paj
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: CHUKWU WAS A MERE FIGURE-HEAD-SIASIA(Nigeriansportsonlin

Post by paj »

obong itatex wrote:Super Eagles assistant coach and World Youth Championship(WYC) Holland 2005 silver-medal winning coach, Samson Yebowei Siasia, has come out openly to castigate ex-Eagles coach Christian Chukwu describing him as a mere figure- head in his time as the team’s coach.
Christain Chukwu was appointed Super Eagles coach in 2002 and was suspended by the Nigeria Football Association (NFA) in June 2005 after the Eagles disappointing 1-1 draw with Angola in Kano, a result that put the nation’s World Cup qualifying hopes in jeopardy.

Austin Eguavoen, his assistant then, was promoted to chief coach and he appointed Samson Siaisia after his WYC feat alongside Daniel Amokachi and Ike Shorounmu as his assistants.

The Super Eagles failed to make the World Cup final losing out to Angola on the head-to-head rule and Siasia has come down hard on Chukwu.

“If not, he should not have allowed anybody, be it in the NFA or the Sports Ministry, to push him around.

“If Chukwu knows his worth as a coach, he wouldn’t have allowed anybody take the Eagles game against Angola to Kano.

“To me the man (Chukwu) was not in charge and in tune with the team, and was just a mere figure-head while there as coach.

“I mean, the same team that found it difficult scoring in matches suddenly scored 16 goals in four games when I, Eguavoen, Amokachi, Shorounmu and coach Adisa took charge of the team.

“It’s really sad, but to me that’s the way it is and there is nothing we can do about it,” Siasia said.

BY LEKAN IDOWU
...OGA EII..U see am? :shock:
Pa
The Brunch Mixtape Project
Available on all major streaming platforms :)
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Typical of Nigerians! Siasia talk wetin una no wan hear (somewhat supporting CCC), una come beginning dey criticize am. He is still the same person that won silver at the WYC you know. :roll:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Robbynice wrote:Typical of Nigerians! Siasia talk wetin una no wan hear (somewhat supporting CCC), una come beginning dey criticize am. He is still the same person that won silver at the WYC you know. :roll:
With the likes of 30-year-old Kennedy Chinwo. Btw, do you know how many passports and DOB that Chinwo only have ? Have ever wondered why many European clubs have dropped him after trials?
Hard Man
Egg
Egg

Post by Hard Man »

30? And I thought he never got a contract because he's not up to scratch ...
Toxicarrow wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Typical of Nigerians! Siasia talk wetin una no wan hear (somewhat supporting CCC), una come beginning dey criticize am. He is still the same person that won silver at the WYC you know. :roll:
With the likes of 30-year-old Kennedy Chinwo. Btw, do you know how many passports and DOB that Chinwo only have ? Have ever wondered why many European clubs have dropped him after trials?

Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

Siasia has lost respect from me if he just said this .. No reputable manager goes around dissing another one!! No not one!!
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Hardman:

You mentioned one reason - not up to scratch. On the other hand, conflicting date of birth on passport, NFA licence and affidavit (that serves as birth certificate) have forced some of these European teams to ask players like Chinwo and others to do 'bone scanning' and other medical tests. Quite often, many of them failed or refused to show up for the tests. This explains why South Africa, North African countries and middle East become 'best places" for them to play these days !
Hard Man wrote:30? And I thought he never got a contract because he's not up to scratch ...
Toxicarrow wrote:
Toxicarrow
Egg
Egg

Post by Toxicarrow »

Look at this site and see some examples of "uncles" disgusing as "small boys" : viewtopic.php?t=47800
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CHUKWU WAS A MERE FIGURE-HEAD-SIASIA(Nigeriansportsonlin

Post by Enugu II »

paj wrote:
obong itatex wrote:Super Eagles assistant coach and World Youth Championship(WYC) Holland 2005 silver-medal winning coach, Samson Yebowei Siasia, has come out openly to castigate ex-Eagles coach Christian Chukwu describing him as a mere figure- head in his time as the team’s coach.

BY LEKAN IDOWU
...OGA EII..U see am? :shock:
Pa

Pa J:

I see am o! However, I go only gree with the fact that CCC or Siasia fit protest as dem fit protest about team hotel, etc. However, the ultimate decision na NFA's and that decision whereas no be ideal one does not justify the inability to collect de three points.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Toxicarrow,
What has Siasia said that is bugging you or isn't he saying the truth? According to your logic, sincere truth like this that should be spoken in the open should never be said. Instead of dealing with the issues in the article you start casting aspersions on his character. Siasia is correct and its about time we have bold players and ex players who can come out and say the truth about our football without fearing losing favour from the nfa.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
mastermind
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mastermind »

Siasia have a coaching certificate in europe just like any other white coaches they y'all worship, he played under great coaches europe and for the SE and he understand modern football.

Siasia, Keshi, Egu etc. are far more superior to Amu, Disu etc.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Cristao wrote:Siasia has lost respect from me if he just said this .. No reputable manager goes around dissing another one!! No not one!!
He could be just as pissed about our non-qualification as we are.

I will gve Siasia a free pass unless he too ends up making the same mistakes.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

theYemster wrote:
Cristao wrote:Siasia has lost respect from me if he just said this .. No reputable manager goes around dissing another one!! No not one!!

does Siasia forget no manager in the world has a 100% record? .. does he know what his own future holds?

no whom great talent is given .. great maturity is expected ..
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cristao wrote:
theYemster wrote:

does Siasia forget no manager in the world has a 100% record? .. does he know what his own future holds?

\

Siasia didn't say anything about CCC's results, what he said was that CCC let himself be pushed around way too much, read the article abeg! Siasia doesn't know his future but he knows he will never let an FA push him around like CCC did!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cristao
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao »

maceo4 wrote:
Cristao wrote:
theYemster wrote:

\

Siasia didn't say anything about CCC's results, what he said was that CCC let himself be pushed around way too much, read the article abeg! Siasia doesn't know his future but he knows he will never let an FA push him around like CCC did!
ol boi .. wut is SSS implyin in the paper ..
realplayer
Egg
Egg

Post by realplayer »

The truth is VERY bitter !!!

Nigeria has not achieved it's potential because nobody tales responsibility and anyone who tells the truth is castigated and the those at fault are rewarded.

I will not be surprised if CCC is appointed head of NFA technical committee or the next NFA chairman.

See what Keshi has done for a small unkown Togo? When he and Amodu qualified Nigeria for the World cup when all was lost and Bonfere was sacked for poor result, the NFA, Nigerian press and some bile filled individuals made sure they distracted the team and we finally lost to Senegal in the ANC andended up with the bronze.

Despite the fact that it was clearly stated that the ANC was a warm up for the WC, many Nigerians played the devils advocate and supported the sacking of the coaching crew and key players.
Pa Onigbinde harvested where he did not sow and we had a disastrous WC.

Today, we are nowhere and Siasia has hit the nail on the head and said the obvious and some here are criticising his credentials despite his achievements without support from the NFA. Remember that Siasia used his PERSONAL funds to prepare the team with no support from the NFA. This shows the hight of patriotism and he deserves commendation.

I can bet that if Siasia was in charge of the Super Eagles after the Juniour WC, we would have been booking our tickets to Germany. It is ridiculous that Siasia becomes bad 'cos he rightly called CCC a "Lame duck coach".

You need to know your salt as a coach to know a quack!!! CCC did whatever the NFA wanted and I lost all respect for him when he brought a Nigerian team to London without any committed arrangement and embarrassed the whole country. I could have invited CCC for a friendly and he would turn up without knowing anything about me.

The sooner we face the truth, the better for us.

This is 2005 for Christ sake!!!
Talent can only blossom with hard work!