Love, Sex and Parties

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
Love, Sex and Parties

Post by 27 »

Why is it that most music is about Love, Sex and Parties? Are these the most important things in life?
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Gone are the days of quality music. Most music today don't make any sense.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

Talk IT wrote:Gone are the days of quality music. Most music today don't make any sense.
What do you mean when you say "quality"?
What was the music about?
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

Music suppose to not only sound good to the ear but also have meaning. Thats why people still appreciated music of the sixties and seventies. Todays music is all about bling, bling, bling, babe whazup etc. Since there is no real quality to it they have to talk about sex and expose their bodies to sell it.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Without sex the world will cease to exist

Love leads to sex

Parties can create oppportunities for love.

Q.E.D :P
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Akoni Miyake
Egg
Egg

Post by Akoni Miyake »

Is funny we live in a changing enviroment, these are the norm these days
spastic
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by spastic »

I guess it depends on the kind of Music you listen too, Considering Rap music didn't exist in the 60's and 70's, if you stick to the same Genre of music that existed back then, you will see that their is still a lot of good music being produced. but with the way the media is wired it just gets stiffled out by the fluff
MCTID... We don't play that weak stuff.
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

Talk It

You damn right. My generation has nothing on the musicians of the past. The other day my dad heard me listening to bob marley and he commented on how he too listened to bob in his college days. I told him that i had no choice bcos musicians of today are simply not creative. Take a look at reggae music, it's become a disaster. Rap, Hip Hop or whatever it's called is finished. I saw a snoop video the other day, i think the title of the song is "chilling in the holiday inn", pls what da *(&^$ does that mean.
If a monkey is amongst dogs, why won't it start barking?

Nobody mourns an unnoticed death.

If a donkey kicks you and you kick back, you are both donkeys.

He who eats well speaks well or it is a question of insanity.

A tiger does not have to proclaim its tigri-tude.

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Depends on the kind of music you listen to!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

silver shadowssss, glowing shadowsss, shining brightlyyyyy, for all to seee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

there are so many artists that don't sing on sex,partying and whatsoever! these are the conscious atrists a la talib kweli, mos def, dead prez, blackalicious and the list goes on, there is quality music when u search when for it
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

The truth is "SEX SELLS".
Jay Z didn't make his fortune till he deviated from his former group and started singing "girls, girls, girls".

Anywayz, me I relax with country music nowadays... "sweet home alabama"
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

Actually tupac's stuff pre Deathrow was mainly about the plight of the poor Black man and woman growing up in the USA!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Alternative rarely have sex maybe you should switch :lol:
Egg

Post by rosiesports »

dr are music that does not necessarily talk about these but wether they are good or bad ,depends largely on th context in which dy are used.
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

Abeg RudeBoy tell them for me.

If you fall prey to marketing gimmicks and pop music, then you deserve what you pay for. Very little research will get you some musicians that don't necessarily have the high profile that a multi-million dollar marketing deal will bring but that give out some high quality music.

RudeBoy wrote:Depends on the kind of music you listen to!
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

So why don't these "true" (I call them true for want of a better word.) artist get as good marketing and publicity as the masters of mass production and same old same old.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

I think it would be unwise to rely on music and musicians for your philosophy / meaning. They are entertainers, so let them sing about 'fluff'
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

nanijoe wrote:I think it would be unwise to rely on music and musicians for your philosophy / meaning. They are entertainers, so let them sing about 'fluff'
While I don't rely on them for any of the above, the fact remains that Entertainers, TV and the media are big influences for a lot of young people.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

nakson wrote:Talk It

You damn right. My generation has nothing on the musicians of the past. The other day my dad heard me listening to bob marley and he commented on how he too listened to bob in his college days. I told him that i had no choice bcos musicians of today are simply not creative. Take a look at reggae music, it's become a disaster. Rap, Hip Hop or whatever it's called is finished. I saw a snoop video the other day, i think the title of the song is "chilling in the holiday inn", pls what da ***** does that mean.
Nakson:

true dat. When I listen to Bob or old school music, I begin to wonder where music's headed these days.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

quite true music is crap these days-most record lables are looking for a quick deal-image sells these days and real talent has no place in todays society but there are still real talent signed to independent lables-that people fail to listen to-i am a dj and i know many good r&b artist that a lot of people do not know about-groups such as gentlemen thug,co-ed,johnson sisters,derrick dixon,big bub,honey jones,isyss,metropolis,exyt,chico debarge are all credible artists who should be signed to majors
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 27 »

marko wrote:quite true music is crap these days-most record lables are looking for a quick deal-image sells these days and real talent has no place in todays society but there are still real talent signed to independent lables-that people fail to listen to-i am a dj and i know many good r&b artist that a lot of people do not know about-groups such as gentlemen thug,co-ed,johnson sisters,derrick dixon,big bub,honey jones,isyss,metropolis,exyt,chico debarge are all credible artists who should be signed to majors
JS are qiute popular aren't they?

I like "Busted". The one they did with the Isley Brothers. It's a funny video.
Thought
Egg
Egg

Post by Thought »

27 wrote:So why don't these "true" (I call them true for want of a better word.) artist get as good marketing and publicity as the masters of mass production and same old same old.
Because that isnt what the consumers have been conditioned to. SEX, PARTIES sell and as any good company, you invest in things that are profitable. Dead Prez dont and wont command the cash 50 or Eminem can.

Still, there remains artistry and craft in modern music. regardless of Topic. Love has been an eternal theme in music.
Real Madrid - The Greatest Club on Earth!