What Can CAF Do About The Smoke Screen?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
What Can CAF Do About The Smoke Screen?

Post by YUJAM »

If they try that again against Nigeria, I suggest that the Eagles should refuse to continue the match.

The fog that descended upon the pitch due to these flares reduced the game to a farce where players could do as they pleased without being sanctioned.
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

If Tunisia is serious about wanting to host the world cup in 2010, they cannot give a repeat performance against Nigeria. This is a semifinal game and more people will be watching world wide.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Mzekezeke
Egg
Egg
Re: What Can CAF Do About The Smoke Screen?

Post by Mzekezeke »

YUJAM wrote:If they try that again against Nigeria, I suggest that the Eagles should refuse to continue the match.

The fog that descended upon the pitch due to these flares reduced the game to a farce where players could do as they pleased without being sanctioned.
Would this be the same CAF headed by a certain Issa Hayatou?
I'm not holding my breath Yujam.
Patrick Ntsoelengo,Nelson Dladla,Petros Nzimande, Abednigo Ngcobo,Doctor Khumalo,Vusi Lamola,Gerald Dlamini,Simom Lehoko,Silvester Kole,Lucas Radebe,Jan Lichaba, Leonard Likoebe,Edson Mguyo, Arie Khongoane,Marks Maponyanye,Donald Khuse, Jabu Pule, Mark Tovey, Zebulon Nhlapo,Gabriel Tikkie Khoza,Moran Khulu,Michael Dlamini,Johannes Mofokeng, Wellinton Manyathi,Jingles Perreira....... to be continued....Amhakhosi Kaizer Chiefs!!!!!!!
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

The Fog (due to flares) was a disgrace and the Senegal had all justification to protest or walk off the pitch. CAF ,FIFA and Tunisai mut put an end to this act as those flares can be used as weapon.

In Italy, flares are illeagal and team are deducted points if they are trown onto the pitch.

Those flares are WMD
Kelechi
Egg
Egg

Post by Kelechi »

Regardless of whatever----Tunisia will do anything possible to win ACN than care about WC bid--------

They proved that so far------anyone still counting on them careing about WC is a joke.
For a child of God, silence in the face of problem is an act of ignorance
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Yujam, that smoke screen crap was disgusting... I know that vision was much better on the pitch, but what about the millions of tv viewers?? what's up with that??? CAF needs to step in and do something about that nonsense. I know Hayatou is probably still licking his wounds after his boys got shipped out yesterday, but dude needs to wipe his eyes and get back to work... that smoke screen crap must be outlawed... it's unsportsmanlike if you ask me.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

G4L:
It certainly reduced visibility. I think it was a deliberate ploy by the Tunisians to muddle matters. They knew that they would not be able to win a fair and square contest against Senegal. The Tunisians played in this stadium b4. They understand the effect that flares have in such an environment.

I think u underestimate how it hinders visibility. The quality of the match dropped sharply after the fog was created.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"