Our boys have not been paid a kobo in Faro

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

lagos777 wrote:Where is Robbynice when you need em. NFA needs some Kudos.
lagos777, I am here alive and well. I don't need to say anything because Yujam said it all when he said and I quote
Hold up a sec here. I have been very critical of the NFA, but you cannot expect them to start paying players right now. After all, aren't they covering hotel expenses at the moment. Other than the air tickets, and hotel expenses, I don't believe the NFA is obliged to pay these players anything at the moment.
Adding more to what he said IMO will be uncivilized.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

What is the set guidelines regarding payments during camping at FARO?

NFA has no set procedures regarding payments for camping and players expectations are high as well especially the local boys.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Ayo, it is wrong for the players to go camp and begin shelling out like there is no tomorrow. I can understand having to pay for phonecards and public transportation, however to expect the NFA to provide funds for players to go to resturants when their catering needs are already been met amounts to greediness. Further more, these guys have only been in camp 1 week, isn't it a bit too early to pay them?
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Its a Goal wrote:Ayo, it is wrong for the players to go camp and begin shelling out like there is no tomorrow. I can understand having to pay for phonecards and public transportation, however to expect the NFA to provide funds for players to go to resturants when their catering needs are already been met amounts to greediness. Further more, these guys have only been in camp 1 week, isn't it a bit too early to pay them?
IAG, Ayo was not assuming that the NFA should cover all these expenses. He simply listed what some players may have spent their money on. With that said, Are the players to be paid weekly? If so, then they should have gotten their money. It's bull to think players should not be paid for the "inconsequential" part of the FARO camp. They are duty-bound to be in FARO, hence should be paid.
Last edited by balo on Thu Jan 01, 2004 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Was there a fee schedule arranged by NFA for the camping period ? Was this what Ogunjobi agreed to ?
Robbynice, I knew you were gonna pop up . :D
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

The boys deserved to be paid some money however little it might be.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Larry,
As far as I know, per diem is paid on disbandment of a squad or the convertion from open to close camp for those leaving. As far as Faro is concerned, the welfare officer would have the register of when each player arrived. I doubt if bonuses are paid for friendlies that do not attract gate fees. Anyways, most of those in what I term CCC's "open camp " presently are not being used as fodders. Every coaching crew requires depth on the bench in a tournament lasting 3 weeks, hence I see Faro serving two purposes - one, is for CCC to evaluate his bench options, and possibly some positions he hadn't made up his mind about, and secondly (more importantly for the SE wannabes) afford those in camp the opportunity to sell themselves to International agent reps. that are parading every African camp site now.
Those talking to the boys should educate them if they are conversant with the procedures or find out from those in authority b/4 crying wolf.
Watch out, wannabes especially Nigeria - based ones, who excel at these friendlies would be heading for Europe come summer.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

HAWKEYE,

Wise words of advice for the wannabes.

I hope they are listening.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Hawkeye:

You surely hit the nail on the head. I mostly sympathize with the players but I shook my head when I read that players are asking for appearance fees in games that amount to practice matches or at best exhibition. Games in which no gates were unlikely to have been taken. Very soon we would hear that players are asking for appearance fees for intrasquad games or each practice session. :lol: My advice to Ayo is to ask those players if they indeed expect to be paid for those games? That is certainly a shock to me. As far as I am concerned the players should expect the camp allowances and no more.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

u sick yansh suckers, eg ayokinfe una don start with wahala agian oooo, leave nfa to do their jobs, why dont u go and become warefare officer or something,thats how u tried to 419 peeps with robson, and if u dont know peeps get serious bad belle for u and dem really one wound u . A Yansh :evil: is enough for the yansh sucker
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

lagos777 wrote:Was there a fee schedule arranged by NFA for the camping period ? Was this what Ogunjobi agreed to ?
Robbynice, I knew you were gonna pop up . :D
Ol'boy as the saying goes, it is only a matter of time. :P :D But on a more serious note we need to evaluate a situation very well before we start dishing out blames. Yujam, Hawkeye, and Enugu II have siad it all. Anything more will be too much IMHO. :)
Last edited by Robbynice on Thu Jan 01, 2004 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
RudeBoy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by RudeBoy »

BP24, You have this thing about yanshes don't you. Have you tried www.gay.com? They will definitely welcome you there!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)

Among a people generally corrupt liberty cannot long exist - Edmund Burke (1729 – 1797)
BabaNaija
Egg
Egg

Post by BabaNaija »

Eagle Winged wrote:
Kneedeep wrote:I guess if Bryan Robson was our coach we would not have all these problems :P .
Though being sarcastic, you're right. Chukwu's spinelessness, stupidity and incompetence is half the problem.
for crying out loud this guy is an ex-eagle and I feel you can keep this more constructive. It doesn't make sense to me that you don't bash players but abusing our coach like that is uncalled for. keep it constructive.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

balo wrote:
Its a Goal wrote:Ayo, it is wrong for the players to go camp and begin shelling out like there is no tomorrow. I can understand having to pay for phonecards and public transportation, however to expect the NFA to provide funds for players to go to resturants when their catering needs are already been met amounts to greediness. Further more, these guys have only been in camp 1 week, isn't it a bit too early to pay them?
IAG, Ayo was not assuming that the NFA should cover all these expenses. He simply listed what some players may have spent their money on. With that said, Are the players to be paid weekly? If so, then they should have gotten their money. It's bull to think players should not be paid for the "inconsequential" part of the FARO camp. They are duty-bound to be in FARO, hence should be paid.
Agreed.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Rogermilla
Egg
Egg

Post by Rogermilla »

Sir V wrote:The money is in the bank yielding interest!
Sir V.
I like your Signature. I have the CD in which the proverb was quoted. Sweet Africa Volume 3.
"History shows that this club has had very few strikers like him. I do not know if there has ever been anyone like him before. What I do know is that Barcelona should erect a statue for him. Samuel was a fundamental player here in recent years and was key to all of the titles that the team won."

Andres Iniesta, August 2009
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I am not saying players should not be paid their entitlement, but at this stage of the camp, sight seeing, movie going, and fancy resturant should be the least of their problems. I don't know what the procedure is for camp allowance, but as someone mentioned, they might probably have to wait they are decamped before being issued a check for their time at the camp.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hahahahahahahahahaha...... NFA OLE NFA OLE NFA OLE....... :twisted:
Soldier of Fortune...
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Some of you are just unbelievable. Anyway, I will put it down to inexperience.

Those of you who travel a lot with your work like Yujam, Enugu II, Gotti, Sir V etc, you now how these things work. The long-established, age-attested conventional principle with footballers is that a daily camp allowance is agreed, way in advance of the call-up.

Let us assume for arguments sake that for the Eagles it is $100 a day while they are in Faro. Now the NFA has to find a way to pay this out to the boys. It could be done on a weekly basis, daily, every other day or it could all be paid upfront.

It is the job of the management crew to agree a structure with the players through their representatives. We have been told that Ogunjobi and Okocha, the captain reached an agreement on how these payments wil be made.

The NFA now has to pay up!!!! All this talk about the players not being owed any money is just damn naive.

As per match bonuses. The same principle applies. You agree a rate before camp. Maybe you have one for Grade A friendlies, a different rate for Grade B friendlies and another for matches against provincial sides.

The NFA has an agreemnent with the boys and I recollect Ogunjobi saying a few months ago that he wants them to sign the agreement. It is his turn now to deliver on the deal he negotiated.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of you are just unbelievable. Anyway, I will put it down to inexperience.

Those of you who travel a lot with your work like Yujam, Enugu II, Gotti, Sir V etc, you now how these things work. The long-established, age-attested conventional principle with footballers is that a daily camp allowance is agreed, way in advance of the call-up.

Let us assume for arguments sake that for the Eagles it is $100 a day while they are in Faro. Now the NFA has to find a way to pay this out to the boys. It could be done on a weekly basis, daily, every other day or it could all be paid upfront.

It is the job of the management crew to agree a structure with the players through their representatives. We have been told that Ogunjobi and Okocha, the captain reached an agreement on how these payments wil be made.

The NFA now has to pay up!!!! All this talk about the players not being owed any money is just damn naive.

As per match bonuses. The same principle applies. You agree a rate before camp. Maybe you have one for Grade A friendlies, a different rate for Grade B friendlies and another for matches against provincial sides.

The NFA has an agreemnent with the boys and I recollect Ogunjobi saying a few months ago that he wants them to sign the agreement. It is his turn now to deliver on the deal he negotiated.
Gemme a gaddam break! No Company that pays for your lodging and for your meals would turn around and give you "pocket money". Period!

Paying someone for what in essence is a scrimmage is ludicrous....

Btw, where do you get this $@#% from?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mystic

Post by mystic »

Ayo,

I fully concur with you on dialy allowances as this is standard fare for such training camps. However, I doubt very seriously that players are paid for scrimmages and training matches which is essentially what those two friendlies were. Furthermore, we are not aware of the details of the agreement that was reached b/w Ogunjobi and JJ Okocha. It would really be helpful in judging what allowances should be coming to the players if we knew the details of that agreement.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:Some of you are just unbelievable. Anyway, I will put it down to inexperience.

Gemme a gaddam break! No Company that pays for your lodging and for your meals would turn around and give you "pocket money". Period!

Paying someone for what in essence is a scrimmage is ludicrous....

Btw, where do you get this $@#% from?
Ayo, maybe that is how it is done in Europe but it doesn't work like that in this part of the world. Besides why didn't we hear of this situation when MD called camp? :?
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

Shei!! na wao what can i say
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

Ayo,
Do you have a copy of the agreement b/w the NFA sec and okocha?Or do you know the details.Without knowing what is agreed we can't do jack.
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.