Let's give a standing ovation to the Super Eagles of Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

eru.bugzy
Egg
Egg

Post by eru.bugzy »

God bless and good luck to the Super Eagles of Nigeria...the only team that will inspire me to "miss" work, abandon my wife and pikin for house, and not chop for 18 hours......I just dey pray that we go translate these Semi-final/final appearances to victories some day. May the NFA and players work together to take Nigeria to the heights we once reached in Africa anf globally.....AMEN!!
SITH
Egg
Egg
sharappp!!!!

Post by SITH »

cyrilndo wrote:
quickie wrote:Those boys did well...and played their hearts out.I'm very appreciative of their efforts.

People in Cameroun won't sleep tonite, because they know that if it wasn't for Eagles, they'd have won this cup.

Q
Keep dreaming.
:lol: :lol: Well, you guys won the cup last Sunday.
The Indomitable Lions head.
Do not leave behind when you leave Tunisia.
It should be a present for the NFA President for a good hunt.
Surprise a Little Eagle(Tunisia) bundled out a Super Eagle.

You go to history for stopping the Heavy Deal Indomitable Lions of Cameroon from a hat trick. Not bad
:idea: :idea: Even Keshi was a happy he has been able to witness this revenge which he has waited since 1984. 20Years. Man that should have had him shaking. He is going home with smiles with the I Lion's head.
Join him and shout, Congrates to the Eagles.
:P :D
which dirty 20 years no be una chop beating for senegal 92, all una lions just dey yarn years as if we play every year in this millenium we have met 2 times!!! please just take your humble pie nicely and till we meet again, I don't want to hear anything from your mouth!!!
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

Naija did us proud.........They always almost do in anc's.....lets cheer for them, and hoepfully we will go even further than we did in germany than in this anc..............................You know what i mean!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :mrgreen:
The wars fought in the world are only a reflection of the wars fought within people....
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: sharappp!!!!

Post by theYemster »

SITH wrote: which dirty 20 years no be una chop beating for senegal 92, all una lions just dey yarn years as if we play every year in this millenium we have met 2 times!!! please just take your humble pie nicely and till we meet again, I don't want to hear anything from your mouth!!!
Nephew I think he is referring to a win that knocked them out of contention for the cup. The Senegal 92 win was in the 3rd place game.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

EAgles for ever, to borrow someones phrase..."I bleed GREEN"
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Mboma
Egg
Egg
Re: Let's give a standing ovation to the Super Eagles of Nig

Post by Mboma »

Scipio Africanus wrote:They gave it their all, in a very hostile and intimidating environment.

Ultimately, our historic defensive flaws came back to haunt us.

Now we add another team, Tunisia, to our payback list. They will not forget this game in a hurry.
The no standing ovations. You give an underdog a standing ovation after loosing a well fought game. Nigeria was not the underdog...tunisia was. Its like Mexico kicking americas #$% at a basketball game then saying lets give America a standing ovation because the game was played in Mexico.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Sharrap all you cameroonians. Had Tunisia met Cameroon I do not think it would have gone to extra time. Cameroon would have gone out with a whimper. Nigeria were unlucky not to have striking options other than Osaze. Forget Aiyegbeni and Agali - we missed the main man JAG who would have finished off some of those 1 on 1s we had with Tunisia's goalie.

Nigeria played well and this was the best display I have seen in a long time. kudos to CCC and the SE. They played like a team and played to win.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Mboma wrote:
The no standing ovations. You give an underdog a standing ovation after loosing a well fought game. Nigeria was not the underdog...tunisia was. Its like Mexico kicking americas #$% at a basketball game then saying lets give America a standing ovation because the game was played in Mexico.
Look who's talking. Remind me which team went into WC2002 with all the hype, and lost 2-0 against Germany while playing with <b>A MAN ADVANTAGE </b>for most of the game.

And please remind me of the last time that Nigeria meekly succumbed to an opponent in regulation time at the ANC.

Wha choo looking at?!
PC
Egg
Egg

Post by PC »

Well done Super Eagles!

Nigerian football is in better health than I believed it to be in prior to the tournament. Let the inquest begin after we've secured the bronze.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

God bless my beloved SE
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Guv007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Guv007 »

Well done to all the boys and coaches as they did us proud.
Red Dwarf - Legion

Rimmer: Step up to Red Alert
Kryten: Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
Rimmer: There's always some excuse, isn't there?
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

kali wrote:Sharrap all you cameroonians. Had Tunisia met Cameroon I do not think it would have gone to extra time. Cameroon would have gone out with a whimper. Nigeria were unlucky not to have striking options other than Osaze. Forget Aiyegbeni and Agali - we missed the main man JAG who would have finished off some of those 1 on 1s we had with Tunisia's goalie.

Nigeria played well and this was the best display I have seen in a long time. kudos to CCC and the SE. They played like a team and played to win.
choose to be proud loosers all u want...u never saw ua giving our IL standing ovations after WC2002...
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Kudos to all the guys and the coaching crew.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Mboma wrote:
kali wrote:Sharrap all you cameroonians. Had Tunisia met Cameroon I do not think it would have gone to extra time. Cameroon would have gone out with a whimper. Nigeria were unlucky not to have striking options other than Osaze. Forget Aiyegbeni and Agali - we missed the main man JAG who would have finished off some of those 1 on 1s we had with Tunisia's goalie.

choose to be proud loosers all u want...u never saw ua giving our IL standing ovations after WC2002...
What was there to applaud????? :lol: :lol: :lol:
But really e be like say you no get better job that to dey harrass us for dis forum.Get a life man!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Nigeria who assembled a team together in less than a month still outmatched and outstrategized your sorry indomitable lionesses who have been playing together for the past 2 years under ONE coach.
Mboma
Egg
Egg

Post by Mboma »

kali wrote:Nigeria who assembled a team together in less than a month still outmatched and outstrategized your sorry indomitable lionesses who have been playing together for the past 2 years under ONE coach.
hope excuses sooth the wounds tunisia inflicted on your big naija egos today...we've being flogging u for the past 20 years easy and u now running ur fat mouth for squeezing in one win. If you lived up to you potential, you will not even have to worry about hearing from IL fans like us...1 in 5 african is Naija yet u will never dominate the continent like tiny cameroon has done
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Keep Flying Eagles, your fans are behind you, a good round of applause to the guys
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

Kudos to the eagles they bowed out like true champions. No fighting, No rough play just Humility. They even assembled to pray b4 they left the field. They did not act like one MBAMI who told a reporter not to disturb him after the game.
If a monkey is amongst dogs, why won't it start barking?

Nobody mourns an unnoticed death.

If a donkey kicks you and you kick back, you are both donkeys.

He who eats well speaks well or it is a question of insanity.

A tiger does not have to proclaim its tigri-tude.

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
mke1010
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mke1010 »

Won as a team and lost as a team. Much respect. This is the first time in a long time i have felt SE as ateam rather than players representing Nigeria. Kudos. You have n othing to be ashamed of. Sometimes when you lose you actually win. I can't beleive how many people have embraced this team after refusing to do so only a couple months ago. It just goes to show anyone will rally around a team playing with humility, inspiration and selflesness.