Crisis hits Eagles' ANC prep.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

anointed wrote:
Robbynice wrote:Excuse my ignorance by whatever happened to the $50,000 dollars signing bonus from Adidas allocated for the ANC?
And what about the $400 000 from the FIFA GOAL project? I thought I heard it's been released.

Dem don share the money.
Hard Man
Re: Na Wa O!

Post by Hard Man »

Actually this is one of the consequences of Decree 101... the NFA must more often than not rely on the budget.

In any case, trust Nigerian hardihood: Nigeria invariably manages to be there or thereabouts in spite of these self-inflicted obstacles.
Mr Shows wrote:I find it rather pathetic that the NFA always has to rely on the national budget to source anything.

The sooner they get professionals in to generate their own income the better. Having to crawl to the sports ministry is just making the NFA lazy and lacking initiative.

Cheers
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Bell wrote:AREN'T WE ALL HAPPY NOW THAT ROBSON'S COMING WAS VETOED?

The NFA would be $150K in the hole already and trying to dig itself out.
Bell
Better yet, getting a decent coach is a better investment on the One million dollars we are siphoning into this ANC. Robson however is not that coach we really need so is CCC.
...but with God all things are possible...
ofilis
Egg
Egg
Re: Crisis hits Eagles' ANC prep.

Post by ofilis »

geminikoat wrote:Courtesy Yahoosports!

Nigerian Nations Cup build-up hit by budget delay

LAGOS, Dec 23 (Reuters) - Nigeria's preparations for next month's African Nations Cup in Tunisia may be hampered because parliament has not yet passed the 2004 federal budget, a sports ministry official said on Tuesday.

Patrick Ekeji, director of sports development in the sports ministry, told reporters in the Nigerian capital Abuja that the team's financial proposal was included in the budget.

"The money has not come yet. I am sure that before long the government will come out with a pronouncement," Ekeji said.

"It's tough and everyone knows the (government's) ability to provide for every agency is subject to what is available.

"We'll have to manage with the resources we'll have for the tournament."

Nigeria President Olusegun Obasanjo presented the 2004 federal budget last week to parliament before it embarked on Christmas and new year recess.

Parliament members will resume early next year to deliberate on the budget but in the past it has taken them as long as four months before passing it.

Ekeji said his ministry had loaned 100 million naira (around $730,000) to the Nigerian Football Association (NFA) to prepare for the Nations Cup which starts on January 24.

"Whatever the supervising ministry can do, especially given the passion Nigerians have for football, will be done," he said.

NFA officials said privately the loan would not be sufficient to prepare for the tournament.

The team started a training camp in the Portuguese resort of Faro last weekend with a depleted squad of 10 from 41 invited players.

Nigeria, winners in 1980 and 1994, are drawn with debutants Benin and former champions South Africa and Morocco in their first round group.
We all know that budgets don't get approved in Nigeria until close to mid-year. :D :D :D
daddyrich
Egg
Egg

Post by daddyrich »

geminikoat wrote:
Better yet, getting a decent coach is a better investment on the One million dollars we are siphoning into this ANC. Robson however is not that coach we really need so is CCC.

You can spend 2 million on a coach if you like, if you don't train properly, or together, you're guaranteed to fail.
If poor renumerations cause rifts among your players, you're guaranteed to fail.
If poor accomodation or diet depresses your players - or gets them ill, you're guaranteed to fail.
If the coach gets all the money and you can't buy or refund players' tickets, you're highly likely to fail.

All the coaches you have mentioned in the past have had organisations that spend the money required to pursue whatever campaigns they succeeded in.

The ANC is a tournament that has to be approached from a "whole" stand point, not just singular aspects that suits our fancy. A "decent" coach by your standards would not be better investment if we are to forego the preparations for the ANC. In a perfect world we would have both.
Baxter Onigbinde's second coming is the most disingenious stint ever in Nigerian coaching history.
aranka5
Egg
Egg

Post by aranka5 »

If they are waiting for the budget,am sorry they going to wait till the end of the competition.
Nupe Proverb;If a fowl is scratching the soil for food, it may unearth the knife that will be used in slaughtering it’’.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

daddyrich wrote:
geminikoat wrote:

You can spend 2 million on a coach if you like, if you don't train properly, or together, you're guaranteed to fail.
If poor renumerations cause rifts among your players, you're guaranteed to fail.
If poor accomodation or diet depresses your players - or gets them ill, you're guaranteed to fail.
If the coach gets all the money and you can't buy or refund players' tickets, you're highly likely to fail.

All the coaches you have mentioned in the past have had organisations that spend the money required to pursue whatever campaigns they succeeded in.

The ANC is a tournament that has to be approached from a "whole" stand point, not just singular aspects that suits our fancy. A "decent" coach by your standards would not be better investment if we are to forego the preparations for the ANC. In a perfect world we would have both.

Man mi: We're saying the same thing. If we have to invest all these dollars why not do it the right way instead of haphazardly. A good coach and all the things u mentioned included. Why invest in obvious failure beats me.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

aranka5 wrote:If they are waiting for the budget,am sorry they going to wait till the end of the competition.
...and another international disgrace for Naija on the horizon. Imagine if they are ejected from the Hotels and the training facility?
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

i just dey very tired with naija and wahala....anyway we thrive on crisis
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

..I'm sure the NFA has a sure answer to this money issues..in fact I am certain they have the money to pay for the camp..I mean why else would they turn up their nose at a $300K signing fee and a free camp from hummel..

You all need to take a chill pill..everything is under control..the NFA is rich and will have no problems paying the players allowances..trust me.. :mrgreen:
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

mister dolly wrote:..I'm sure the NFA has a sure answer to this money issues..in fact I am certain they have the money to pay for the camp..I mean why else would they turn up their nose at a $300K signing fee and a free camp from hummel..

You all need to take a chill pill..everything is under control..the NFA is rich and will have no problems paying the players allowances..trust me.. :mrgreen:
After u admitted yourself say u nor good for arithmetic, abeg make u leave this Hummel VS addidas thing alone man! Your calculations must be wrong here too :D :D
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

There is no camping or preparation without crisis when it comes to Nigeria. That my brothers and sisters is the Nigerian way. Now I am more optimistic than ever that we will lift the ANC cup in Tunisia. :)
monkeypost
Egg
Egg

Post by monkeypost »

NFA i am not surprised one bit there is more to come.
If you give me Cole and I give you Gallas, surely, SURELY, you owe me money? waka man on the Cole Gallas transfer saga
mister dolly

Post by mister dolly »

geminikoat wrote:
mister dolly wrote:..I'm sure the NFA has a sure answer to this money issues..in fact I am certain they have the money to pay for the camp..I mean why else would they turn up their nose at a $300K signing fee and a free camp from hummel..

After u admitted yourself say u nor good for arithmetic, abeg make u leave this Hummel VS addidas thing alone man! Your calculations must be wrong here too :D :D
I know enough to know 300 is more than zero anyday... :P and please leave Adidas out of this..it's a done deal and aint nothing I can do about it..that much I know..
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Robbynice wrote:There is no camping or preparation without crisis when it comes to Nigeria. That my brothers and sisters is the Nigerian way. Now I am more optimistic than ever that we will lift the ANC cup in Tunisia. :)

That's utter baloney; so we must now revel in haphazard preparations or make it a National protocol since u have seen success in the midst of chaos with your power of clairvoyancy. No wonder we are very successful in the country and u are cowering in Atlanta where chaos is the order of the day uh? Just imagine what we could have achieved if there was some organization in what we do. That's why they call us 3rd world. Robby if u are too tired to think, desist from making useless posts that seriously questions your reasoning faculties.
lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Yeye dey smell. No be una they praise the "Adidas Deal". Robbynice wey the wad ?
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

geminikoat wrote:
theYemster wrote:The NFA should apply for a credit card.
Not with their bad credit bro. They'll be denied pronto! Any application from the glass house would be shredded!
The NFA were blacklisted in the stone ages
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Dodo wrote:
geminikoat wrote:
theYemster wrote:The NFA should apply for a credit card.
Not with their bad credit bro. They'll be denied pronto! Any application from the glass house would be shredded!
The NFA were blacklisted in the stone ages
Na true u talk bro.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Hmm wow as usual with the way Pat Ikeji's name has been surfacing lately only tells me problems are on their way when the ANC starts.

Hahahahaha.. as usual no money and they are waiting for the parliament to approve a budget hahahahahaha... :D :lol: :lol: God help us all....
lowzeewee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by lowzeewee »

Now the former-occupants of the hotel will chase the SEs out... :mrgreen:
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

This is expected to happen with Nigeria.

Pls tell us something new.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Larry Ashagbe wrote:This is expected to happen with Nigeria.

Pls tell us something new.
Larry r u saying we should just give up and accept mediocrity? We must continue to put pressure on the establishment hoping for better performance; we must not accept mediocrity. It's become the norm in our lives unfortunately.