Suspension instead of Fine cost us Cup.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

reuben
Egg
Egg

Post by reuben »

Oba from Montreal wrote:All this talk is bullshit. As far as I am concerned, we won more than the cup in this tournament.

Discipline was important. Without discipline, we won't have gone as far as we went.

Even if we did, indiscipline would have hunted us down eventually.
Excellent, couldn't have said it better! It is discipline that wins battles! This is how dem European boys have kept us down despite our obvious greater talent and physical strengths
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Utter bollocks. Didn't bother reading the post but i'm reacting to the headline. Utter boolock I say again.
To stop trying is to start dying
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

this is a rubbish post. Abeg i am happy those guys got sent home. IT goes to show any player that if you take the SE for granted, you'll be dropped.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Those boys broke the rules so they should be blamed for handicapping the team. Harsh or not, the rules had to be upheld.

However, discipline starts from the top (the NFA) and flows down to the bottom (the players). The whole system was crumbling and that's why we suffered.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Bell

Post by Bell »

MANY GOOD POINTS HERE

You'd have to be a prophet to know what would have happened if the adventurous trio hadn't been sent packing. As others have pointed out, Nigeria lost will all three, two of them starting.

Having said that, it's worth the price because I'm sure future squads will remember this episode. If you desire discipline, you must be willing to pay the price.

As JIGGERMAN21 said, the NFA also needs discipline but that would have to come from their minister. (As a basher of the NFA, it's fair to point it out when they do something right: this tournament, after the banishment of the trio, was one of the most peaceful in recent SE history.)
Billybones
Egg
Egg

Post by Billybones »

When a player commits an offence, the first step is to impose a stiff fine on him. By so doing U correct bad behaviour, U punish him alone and not the team as a whole. Prior to the WC 2002, we had disciplinary pbms, and we decided to kick out the whole team. Where did that leave us? On the outside looking in after only 2 matches played at the WC.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

personally I think we made it this far because the trio were expelled...for one it stopped C3 from using his preffered all out attack formation or 4-2-4...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
nakson
Egg
Egg

Post by nakson »

It's better to go into battle with ten commited soldiers than to go with 1000 uncommitted soldiers. Babayaro should be banned for life. As for Agali and Yakubu, i have never felt that they belonged to the team. Patrotism is not a choice, it's a must.
If a monkey is amongst dogs, why won't it start barking?

Nobody mourns an unnoticed death.

If a donkey kicks you and you kick back, you are both donkeys.

He who eats well speaks well or it is a question of insanity.

A tiger does not have to proclaim its tigri-tude.

When man pikin dey piss, him dey hold something for hand. Woman wey try-am, go piss for her hand.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

If we couldn't win at Mali 02 with them guys and we couldn't beat Morocco with them guys, what guarantees do you have that we would've beaten Tunisia with them?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
onye olu
Egg
Egg

Post by onye olu »

Agali na waste pipe he doesn't have pace either. Yakubu can be easily replaced. I only missed Babayaro and his overlapping and good crossing skillz.

our game lacked cohesiveness,we couldn't launch a good attack and most times Tunisia were playing above our midfeild and that was how they did damage. they completly avoided Utaka and JJ. They didn't have strikers either but they passed da ball well and fought harder to get and keep possesion. Having strikers like yakubu and agali wey no do dey ever come back collect ball might have cost us more.