ODEMWINGIE SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN PICKED FOR PENALTIES

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

ROSSIKE wrote:Blakes, you're even more stupid than I'd initially thought.

What's all this 'officiall' age', 'techiinically' crap?

Where did you study your English?

Perhaps in the same College of Mediocrity and Misinformation that taught you that Odemwingie is 'techiinically older' than Aghahowa.
Rossike, you're the one who is suspect with your illogical tirade and foul language.
BTW, we all know we are age cheats so stop frontin
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

Blakes, mediocrity as in mediocrity of thought on your part....comprende?

I don't give a RAT'S ARSSS about age comparison. I'm talking about EXPERIENCE. BIG MATCH EXPERIENCE. BIG GAME EXPERIENCE. And virtually every Naija man on the pitch beat Odemwingie in that dept.

How can you possibly quote the names of Aghahowa and Odemwingie in one breath?

You know, I'd have preferred even George Abbey to take that penalty rather than Osaze.

The guy just wasn't up to the challenge, mentally and otherwise. But especially mentally.
Imagination is more important than knowledge

- Albert Einstein

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

Ghost, I'm nogt sure who made you the judge here, but I reallythink you oughtta BACK OFF!

Go do Blakes!!

- Albert Einstein

Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Rossike:

Haba, relax. The loss is painful, but R Baggio missed a PK in the biggest game of his whole career!
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

Yeah, Baggio missed, but not in the tepid manner of this shaking lily-livered wet leaf called Odemwingie!

- Albert Einstein

Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Blakes, mediocrity as in mediocrity of thought on your part....comprende?

I don't give a RAT'S ARSSS about age comparison. I'm talking about EXPERIENCE. BIG MATCH EXPERIENCE. BIG GAME EXPERIENCE. And virtually every Naija man on the pitch beat Odemwingie in that dept.

How can you possibly quote the names of Aghahowa and Odemwingie in one breath?

You know, I'd have preferred even George Abbey to take that penalty rather than Osaze.

The guy just wasn't up to the challenge, mentally and otherwise. But especially mentally.

well im only quoting age because u keep calling Osaze KID in bold letters...like i sad before u can't tell who is a goood PK taker form the way they play...who wuld have though the Udeze was such a good PK taker...they obviously practiced PK's to determine who is good and who isn't...
Who would have thoght that Kanu sucked at PK's so much...besdies Osaze has been put on the spot b4 aginst Angola and he delivered when no one else on the team was willing to take the kick..if it wasn't for that goal, we wouldn't even be in this tourney...and he was even MORE of a roookie when he did that........
And the Aghahowa u shout about didnt deliver at all in this tourney and it was no suprise that Osaze took his starting spot...
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ROSSIKE wrote:Yeah, Baggio missed, but not in the tepid manner of this shaking lily-livered wet leaf called Odemwingie!
Rossike, e don do now! Baggio's PK was worse, BTW
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

My fen, Okocha, Kanu, Finidi and Siasia have all at one time missed penalties for us.

Hindsight is 50-50. The person i didn't want taking a PK was Udeze but he made it;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

My fen, Okocha, Kanu, Finidi and Siasia have all at one time missed penalties for us.

Hindsight is 50-50. The person i didn't want taking a PK was Udeze but he made it;

Add Oruma to that list sef...
-Biggie
khalela

Post by khalela »

Pk takers are normally voluntary.
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

Why do I get the feeling that this thread is a disguised attempt to diss the poor lad? Haba he don do now.. :evil:
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

Pk takers are normally voluntary.

yeah when it happens during the game..but when it is PK shootouts then the coach must decide witthe team.usally teams practice and find the best takers...it would be dumb if someone who can't take PK's steps up to take PK shootouts.......i dont think the coach would let him go..
-Biggie
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

This should never have been decided on penalties anyway. Nigeria has a far superior team and got cold feet and overconfident after defeating Cameroon. Watch Morroco destroy Tunissia like a true champion. Footbal was never designed to be decided on penalties. Suuden death would have been better first team to score wins.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

On the contrary Blakes, during the game there is usually a designated PK taker, at the end of the game it is voluntary, because at that point a lot of players are mentally and physically drained....

At that no matter how good some is in practice if he doesn't want to take the penalty you can't force him.

A senseible coach would take the whole team through a penalty practice, although even that doesn't guarantee anything
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

On the contrary Blakes, during the game there is usually a designated PK taker, at the end of the game it is voluntary, because at that point a lot of players are mentally and physically drained....

At that no matter how good some is in practice if he doesn't want to take the penalty you can't force him.

A senseible coach would take the whole team through a penalty practice, although even that doesn't guarantee anything
so lets say in penalty practice Udeze does not score one goal or even get one shot on target...yet at the end of extra time he voluteers to take a kick....what does the coach do then?

and there isn't always a designated Pk taker during the game, whoever voluteers during the game usually takes the kick...so u are trying to tell me that ANC 2002 agsint Senegal, Oruma was the designated PK taker with okocha on the team?

And if therre is always a designated PK taker then that means that OSaze was the one in the game aginst Angola.....And if he has been made the designated PK taker b4 then he has every right to have been on the list of players to take in the last match..
-Biggie
Ghost
Egg
Egg

Post by Ghost »

ROSSIKE wrote:Ghost, I'm nogt sure who made you the judge here, but I reallythink you oughtta BACK OFF!

Go do Blakes!!
I'm trying to help you that's all. You're over fuming. Mellow down before you implode.
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

What the hell does experience have to do with taking penalties?

Socrates wrote a book about penalties and still missed. Platini had a documentary where he scored penalties blindfolded and still missed in the world cup.

Even the great Baggio missed to lose the world cup, and even his penalty against Rufai went in off the post...So what is all the misguided hot air.

Please the boy is our next phenom. God bless you Osaz....We expect a lot more from you 8)
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
realtrouble

Post by realtrouble »

Rossike

Is pissed we lost , I can understand that Nigerian don't like losing. But from the onset this wasn't a good team it had good players.

We need to plan for the future and Osaze is definetly the future , by the way I read that he is really 22 yrs
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

ROSSIKE, abeg go siddon before I descend on you!

Bia, who unlocked the RANT AND RAVE forum and let you out?
Anuofia like you.

Yeah, like ROSSIKE gives a ffcuk about football. Please no kill me with laughter oo :D :D

Wha choo looking at?!
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

ROSSIKE,
Osaze should have been protected. It's too early for that kind of responsibility. Lets see how the NFA will treat him now.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.