Latest Update from Faro camp: Obodo and Osaze given leave...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

lagos777
Egg
Egg

Post by lagos777 »

Happy NewYear, MD . Robbynice , whats there to be excited about ? :P
Mike Ditka quote :
"I didn't say it in those general terms but I said it like that".
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

lagos777 wrote:Happy NewYear, MD . Robbynice , whats there to be excited about ? :P
What there not to be excited about? :P
Enugu II
Re: Latest Update from Faro camp: Obodo and Osaze given leav

Post by Enugu II »

mister dolly wrote:Source: Sumonu Bello-Osagie, Team Coordinator Super Eagles.
===============================================

Chris Obodo has been given leave by coach Chukwu to join his Italian clubside for a game this weekend and is expected back early next week. Osaze Odemwengie was also released and will leave camp today to join the U23 team in Senegal for the crucial qualifier for Athens 2004. He is also expected back next week.

Prior to these two players departure. we had 24 players in camp.

Contrary to another report on the forum, Ekong is in camp.

Muyiwa Lawal will be going to the US to seek treatment for his groin/leg injury.

Pastor Taribo West conducted a New Year's Eve service and encouraged the players to show pride in playing for theor country, admonishing them that when their club careers are over and in jeorpardy, their country may be all they have left (word).

Their are no distractions as the SE are the only guests at the hotel which I'm told has a serene renvironment and quite distant to the city.

The training facilities are top notch.

The spirit in camp is verh high.

The Team Coorfinator also wish to use this media to appeal to Obafemi Martins to be patriotic and honor the call to play for Nigeria. He encouraged Martins to remember how quickly fortunes may change in club football citing Nwankwo Kanu's shortlived time at the same Inter Milan due to medical reasons..He also added that whatever decision Martins take will be respected but remembered by posterity..

That's all for now folks...man dey go catch some sleep..

MD:

Thanks for the excellent report. I hope they (The FA) indeed have the kept up the pressure on Martins and that they (The FA) are indeed ready to pull the FIFA-trigger on him if he fails to show up. That applies to Agali inspite of Agali's recent confirmation that he will be there. In addition, they should certainly salute the courage of Muyiwa Lawal for trying to play for his country inspite of the fact that his body did not cooperate. In my mind, Muyiwa Lawal is a warrior, nothing less.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Excellent report MD. This new year is giving me a renewed hope for the SE and your report only helps solidify that believe.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Thanks Mr. Dolly:
Happy New Year to you and all our cyber Family.

Please let us leave Obafemi Martins alone. We have more than enough men to get the job done in Tunisia. Let us remember, it is a God given right to everyone to choose his or her ways. If Martin chooses not to appear for Nigeria yet or not at all, let us repect that as well even if we may not like his decission.

I wish him well and God's blessings always.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Musa Abdullahi continues his style of collecting big name players rather than building a team.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
pens
Egg
Egg

Post by pens »

txj
please has Musa Abdullahi anything to do with what MD just posted?

happy New Year to all members of cyber eagles.
Remember the three Rs: Respect for your self; Respect for others; Responsibility for all your actions.
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

txj wrote:Musa Abdullahi continues his style of collecting big name players rather than building a team.
Are you saying Abdullahi should not make use of eligible players because they are big names. In my view Abdullahi is yet to maximixe the use of the eligible players. For your information, Harrison Omokoh and Yakubu Adamu deserve to be part of the under 23 party. He is in the process of building an olympic team and no stone should be left unturned in the process. I only hope that the NFA will lift the ban on the likes of Ogunbure.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Thanks MD, and congrats once again on the new baby.
This is a refreshing read compare to Ayo's report which is always full of angst and anger with little or no tangible information on what is actually going on. All he give us is story about how NFA has refused to give him mobilization fee for a friendly he is trying to put together...yeye ayo :P :P
Well, that is what makes this forum the best.
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

Thanks MD for the info from Faro...I will be storming camp soon, just to let you guys know. That is an update! Happy New Year Y'all!!!
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

All we need now is Ayo to give us the bad news in camp :D :D :D
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Thanks, MD
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

Thanks for the report Mr Dolly; how's your bouncing baby boy doing? come 2026 he might be the next Okocha. Make u name am okocha jr. :D :D
...but with God all things are possible...