Loss not a big surprise - usual attitude problem

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ohutkan
Egg
Egg
Loss not a big surprise - usual attitude problem

Post by Ohutkan »

Hey Everyone

Let's be honest, who of us really thought that Tunisia would be a high hurdle to take on the eagle's path?

When I thought about this earlier today I didn't think they could stop us, but the moment the ref started the game I had a bad feeling about this "arrogance". And it came as it always comes when the Eagles play in an important tournament (e.g. WC98: already thinking about Brazil and then losing to Denmark. ANC02: Everybody already thought about the final before playing against Senegal. WC02: Nobody really gave a rat's behind about Sweden.)

I seriously don't believe that we will ever win something big again if the players keep having attitudes like that. I mean come on we haven't really had any success since 96 but we still feel like we're the king of the hill in Africa? How many times did I hear Nigeria fans complaining about "these were the worst 90 minutes I have ever seen them playing".

Man, they have so freakin' much talent....but talent alone doesn't make a good player nor a good team and certainly not a successful player and a successful team.

But there was also one positive aspect on the Eagle's side. Enyeama seems to be the answer to Nigeria's age-long goalkeeping problem. There have been a couple of situations throughout the ANC where I saw Rufai or Shorunmu messing up big time, but Enyeama really convinced me. Of course he did make some mistakes, but give him a break, he is only 21 (or 22?) years old and goalkeepers aren't really in their prime until they are around 31.

Post a :!: if you feel me!