Same result as ANC'02 => Disband the team, right ??!!!!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg
Same result as ANC'02 => Disband the team, right ??!!!!!!

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Abi?
This team reached the semi-final and over-achieved given the circumstances. Shouldn't they be disbanded given this is exactly the same result as in ANC'02? Those who supported that move should explain if they disagree.
Last edited by Jiggerman21 on Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

The reason why the 2002 team was disbanded was not because they lost but the circumstances leading up to the loss. There was total chaos in the SE and some players like Oliseh had gotten too powerful and taking total control of the team. Indiscipline was rave.

2004. This was the most disciplined team ever to come out of Nigeria (i.e. after the expulsion of bad elements) they lost out of luck.

2002 and 2004? There is a big difference. It is not exactly the same result.

Now you would argue that if Nigeria had not lost, nothing would have been done in 2002. I would say yes. But the loss showed that something had to be done about discipline.

Now, something has to be done and it is finding key replacements and letting the team jell for the World Cup.
Jiggerman21
Egg
Egg

Post by Jiggerman21 »

Why do we always look forward to jelling???? You know another roller-coaster ride with NFA politics awaits us. Weren't Obodo et al meant to jell with this team?
A stubborn goat can never learn from past mistakes. Nuff said.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

well these set of player played closer to full potnetial than the 02 ANC team....in my opinion the present set of players outpreformed my expectation where as the 02 underpreformed..
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Blakes wrote:well these set of player played closer to full potnetial than the 02 ANC team....in my opinion the present set of players outpreformed my expectation where as the 02 underpreformed..

One big problem we have is that most of us believe in chaotic management. Disband the team whenever it fails to win the cup. Sack the coach whenever he fails to win it all. All that, going by experience constitute a recipe for disaster. IMO, this team has a core that remains important as we begin the campaign for the WC. The only candidates that we should be considering for replacement (gradually) are the veterans on the team. Things must be done in an orderly fashion in order to avoid disturbing the little chemistry that the team has built up during this competition.