WHY I'M ANGRY AT NORTH AFRICAN PROGRESS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet
WHY I'M ANGRY AT NORTH AFRICAN PROGRESS

Post by ROSSIKE »

This same Tunisia, Morocco, etc that know how to slug it out with Naija, Cameroun etc, when they now become African champions and meet England or France, you'll see them shaking like leaf on the field of play.

They seem to have this inbuilt belief that they're not as good as the European sides.

Hope they don't go and win the African title and later disgrace us, perhaps, by getting walloped by England in a friendly.
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

I imagine Tunisia visiting England for a friendly between them and the 'African Champions'.

In the event of a 4-0 (or 5-0) scoreline in favour of England, I can only imagine the relish of the English commentators, who'll be like:

"well if these are the African champions, doesn't say very much for the development of football there does it?"

They'll milk it for all it's worth.
Mudi E
Eaglet
Eaglet
North Africans

Post by Mudi E »

You're right. Their performances in the World stage even in friendly matches against European teams have been totally abysmal.

To be honest, in the match against Tunisia, Nigeria did not play very well. The midfield passes were disjointed. We often couldn't string two or three passes together. It was hurrendous to watch.
Nigeria shall wallop the dormitable lions
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Whatever at least they will be African champions if they get gangraped by some other European countries thats their problem, na Naija Eagles dey represent first of all and Africa second if it counts for anything afterall no be like say dem dey wish us well (including our so called black brothers )when we dey play.....
our business is to make sure we build on the relative success of this tournament, lets leave the tunisians, moroccans to sort themselves out....we get our problems as e dey
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Na tension kill us for dat match, and you can't blame a young squad for that.

Wha choo looking at?!
Oba
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Oba »

Let this squad grow. They have only 24 months to prepare for the next CAN, which would be held in an even more hostile territory, vis-a-vis Egypt, who would fancy their chances of winning.
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

It was Enyimba that caused this north African progress. If we had left their champions league trophy for them jehjehly they wouldn't have been so mad at us and not booted the west africans out like this. :(
DAgrin
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by DAgrin »

it was in our hands to prevent that disgrace!

now we have to watch how european teams beat the "african champions" and so destroy the honor of Africa
"The secret of life is to have no fear." - Fela Kuti

Naija 4 life!
Majed
Egg
Egg

Post by Majed »

:D too funny

Just let me refresh some fatcs for the friendlies we played :
England 1-1
Holland 2-2
Germany 1-1
Belgium 2-1
Sweden 0-1
Bulgaria 3-0
Norway 0-0
Denmark 1-2
France 1-1
Portugal 1-1
Sweden 1-0

what a disgrace :-)
Benachour against Nigeria on Saturday Feb 4th 2006 at 14h44 :)

Follow the ACN : Spécial CAN 2006
http://www.tunisie-foot.com/can2006/

You are all welcome on our Board (With English Section)
http://www.tunisie-foot.com/forum/
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Majed wrote::D too funny

Just let me refresh some fatcs for the friendlies we played :
England 1-1
Holland 2-2
Germany 1-1
Belgium 2-1
Sweden 0-1
Bulgaria 3-0
Norway 0-0
Denmark 1-2
France 1-1
Portugal 1-1
Sweden 1-0

what a disgrace :-)
Majed, why did they play the wrong national anthem for nigeria in such a BIG GAME ? :roll:
Majed
Egg
Egg

Post by Majed »

juventuss wrote: Majed, why did they play the wrong national anthem for nigeria in such a BIG GAME ? :roll:
I've seen that and when i saw okocha talking i said it must be the wrong anthem, but is it a precedent anthem of urs or is it of another country ?

juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Majed wrote:
juventuss wrote: Majed, why did they play the wrong national anthem for nigeria in such a BIG GAME ? :roll:
I've seen that and when i saw okocha talking i said it must be the wrong anthem, but is it a precedent anthem of urs or is it of another country ?
All that matters is that it was the WRONG anthem. In such a big occasion (the SEMI FINALS for goodness sake), you do not make such mistakes. Once i heard that, i knew that the mind game had begun. You guys played a great game and read our team well. Okocha was made almost irrelivant.
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: WHY I'M ANGRY AT NORTH AFRICAN PROGRESS

Post by original skeepolah »

ROSSIKE wrote:This same Tunisia, Morocco, etc that know how to slug it out with Naija, Cameroun etc, when they now become African champions and meet England or France, you'll see them shaking like leaf on the field of play.

They seem to have this inbuilt belief that they're not as good as the European sides.

Hope they don't go and win the African title and later disgrace us, perhaps, by getting walloped by England in a friendly.

ROSSIKE A GOOD POINT IN DEED...FROM THE SENIOR LEVEL TO OLYMPICS TO YOUTH TOURNEYS, NA DI SAME. THATS WHY IN YOUTH TOURNEYS I LIKE SEEING EGYPT, GHANA, CAMEROON AND NAIJA, AND OCCASIONALLY MALI..........THESE GUYS DISGRACE US AND GO AGAINST EUROPEAN SIDES AND THEN ACT LIKE THEY ARE NEW TO SOCCER.........
IT SICKENS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!INTIMIDATATION AND THE LIKE DO NOT FLY THESE DAYS,...I WANT TO SEE ITALY,GERMANY AND ENGLAND IN 2006 AGAINST ANY AFRICAN SIDE...SEE HOW SENEGAL SHOWED FRANCE SAY KHAKI NO BE LEADA??AND TUNISIA LOST TO A PATHETIC RUSSIAN SIDE (ONE OF THE WORST, SINCE THEIR GREAT DASY OF THE PAST)..........THEY DO NEED TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE....EVEN IF THEY WIN THE TITLE, HMMPHH!!!!!11sO?????GO DO SOMETHING ON THE WORLD STAGE..I BEG ANC 2006 FINALS NAIJA VS CAMEROON AGAIN, AND GUESS WHAT, GERMANY WILL NOT TAKE THAT WORLD CUP :twisted: HOME!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
original skeepolah
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by original skeepolah »

quote="DAgrin"]it was in our hands to prevent that disgrace!

now we have to watch how european teams beat the "african champions" and so destroy the honor of Africa[/quote]

Tell am bio...[ye ye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:roll:
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Majed wrote:

Majed:

The problems with the anthems are no joke, my brother. Frankly, this will come back and haunt Tunisia. Someone may decide to pay them back in their own coins away from Tunis.

In addition, will FIFA trust Tunisia with the World CUp when the organizers cannot even identify antemns of fellow African countries. Who is sure that the organizers will identyify that of Latvia if Latvia gets to the WC final? Get real, the blunder is unpardonable and IMO Tunisia made no friends with those blunders.
basha
Egg
Egg

Post by basha »

For the North African level: this is a known fact... but u guys forget that North African teams eat each other alive (did u watch Algeria vs. Egypt? Morocco?).. we put up 150% effort against each other, 100% against other African teams, and maybe 10% against European teams.. but dont tell me other african teams do any better.. we all suffer against european teams

as for nigeria, u guys have, without doubt, the most talented players in africa (even better than cameroon)...so u guys only fill about 10% of your potential in ANY match..

WE AFRICANS, WEST, NORTH, OR SOUTH, NEED TO PROGRESS A LITTLE

as for tunisia playing the wrong national anthem: only hurts their reputation and chances of hosting any important future tournaments... ahem
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

basha wrote:For the North African level: this is a known fact... but u guys forget that North African teams eat each other alive (did u watch Algeria vs. Egypt? Morocco?).. we put up 150% effort against each other, 100% against other African teams, and maybe 10% against European teams.. but dont tell me other african teams do any better.. we all suffer against european teams

as for nigeria, u guys have, without doubt, the most talented players in africa (even better than cameroon)...so u guys only fill about 10% of your potential in ANY match..

WE AFRICANS, WEST, NORTH, OR SOUTH, NEED TO PROGRESS A LITTLE

as for tunisia playing the wrong national anthem: only hurts their reputation and chances of hosting any important future tournaments... ahem
i was about to say Nigeria disgraces africa often: denmark, holland yugoslavia all come to mind. is it because Tunisia beat us on penalties? the are a good team and are growing, we all know Nigeria have done Excellent in this tournament considering our preperation for it. the difference between the two sides today was team cohesion.

Post by Cyber Saint »

ROSSIKE, you're REALLY ignorant.
Tunisia was the first African country to give a good account of themselves in any WC, defeating the likes of West Germany.
And Morocco is the first African country to qualify for the second round in the WC. So don't come here yarning opaks.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

ROSSIKE wrote:This same Tunisia, Morocco, etc that know how to slug it out with Naija, Cameroun etc, when they now become African champions and meet England or France, you'll see them shaking like leaf on the field of play.

So you now want them to lie down and play dead for us to rape them because they can't beat European teams? Is it their fault that we couldn't handle our own biz? Nephew please.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

theYemster wrote:

So you now want them to lie down and play dead for us to rape them because they can't beat European teams? Is it their fault that we couldn't handle our own biz? Nephew please.
Abeg help me tell am :roll: :roll: :roll:
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
Majed
Egg
Egg

Post by Majed »

Enugu II wrote:
Majed wrote:

Majed:

The problems with the anthems are no joke, my brother. Frankly, this will come back and haunt Tunisia. Someone may decide to pay them back in their own coins away from Tunis.

In addition, will FIFA trust Tunisia with the World CUp when the organizers cannot even identify antemns of fellow African countries. Who is sure that the organizers will identyify that of Latvia if Latvia gets to the WC final? Get real, the blunder is unpardonable and IMO Tunisia made no friends with those blunders.
Yes ur right
i'm the first being mad about it, but i can understand since all the COCAN members are volonteers there's only one person salary and this is why they screwed it up.
BTW : the same thing happened in 2000 when you stopped our anthem at 8 or 10s of its start to show us the Kanu trophee. We didn't say anything :-)

AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Cyber Saint wrote:ROSSIKE, you're REALLY ignorant.
Tunisia was the first African country to give a good account of themselves in any WC, defeating the likes of West Germany.
And Morocco is the first African country to qualify for the second round in the WC. So don't come here yarning opaks.
Or even how in 1982 Algeria beat the "mighty" Germany 2-1, whooped Chile 3-2 and were only prevented from qualifying for the next round by the most disgraceful football match ever seen in the world between Austria and Germany. A match that forced FIFA to change the rules about matches in the qualifying rounds.

The North Africans haven't done well in WCs recently, but when they first went they represented Africa proudly.
ROSSIKE
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ROSSIKE »

AreaDaddy said:
The North Africans haven't done well in WCs recently, but when they first went they represented Africa proudly.
But who is interested in ancient history?

Who gives a rat's arsss that Algeria beat Germany in 1982?

I'm talking of their recent performances on the big stage.

Which, for lack of a better description, has been dog-gone woeful.

I 'm still apprehensive as to their future comportment on the field, following the inevitable invitations for international friendlies their success would attract.

Against a team like France or Italy, I'd still prefer to see a hardened Senegal or Naija squad, or Cameroun, face those mothafucckers as African champions rather than our lily-livered 'cousins' to the north. :(

Sorry!