Okocha's humility baffles me

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet
Okocha's humility baffles me

Post by Riche007 »

Okocha's humility baffles me, says Ogunjobi
Tips him for CAF award
From Guardian News

By George Ude
SECRETARY of the Nigeria Football Association (NFA), Taiwo Ogunjobi, has backed Super Eagles' captain Austin Okocha for the African Footballer of the Year award even as he said that the player's humility is worthy of emulation.

Okocha who has missed the award in the past especially when he narrowly lost to Morocco's Mustapha Hadji in 1998, is favoured to win this time despite strong competition from Samuel Eto'o Fils of Cameroun.

Ogunjobi told The Guardian in an exclusive chat that the skill of the mercurial midfielder is always a delight to watch. ''I was marvelled at the humility Okocha exhibited when I visited him in London. The way he portrayed himself convinced me that he knows what he is doing, he is capable of leading Nigeria and his club to greater heights", Ogunjobi noted.

The NFA's scribe maintained that he would continue to appreciate Okocha after the London experience, adding that the Bolton Wanderers of England's captain never allowed his success so far in his chosen career to get into his head.

"The way he received me, comported himself while discusing matters affecting the team (Eagles) convinced me that Bolton did not pick a bad captain afterall", Ogunjobi said, adding: "Okocha should rule Africa, he merits it both in maturity and performance. He has come a long way serving his country and clubs in Europe. Moreover, what I admire most in him is his humility and focus, he is one of the few players that planned for their future'' he asserted.

The scribe equally showered praises on Victor Agali, whom he visited earlier this week in his FESTAC, Lagos home. Commenting on the gangling Schalke 04 of Germany's striker, Ogunjobi said: "I always feel very happy when I see footballers who have focus. For Agali to have erected such building shows that he is among the few that think and plan for their future''

He added: "He has to learn from the plight of most former Nigerian internationals who now leave in penury", saying, "it is sad to see our former internationals who made so much waves in Nigeria and abroad loitering around without anything to fall back on".
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

As long as its from the Guardian booyaka a.k.a fakeness of news. :twisted:
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
PapaK
Egg
Egg

Post by PapaK »

so na the buildings and assets of the players Ogunjobi go dey inspect?
Never enter into a quarrel with an id!ot, lest he drag you down to his level and then beat you up with experience.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okocha's humility baffles me

Post by Talk IT »

Did he think Okocha was the wrong captain for bolton prior to the visit? Talk about football this man is talking about house.
Riche007 wrote:Okocha's humility baffles me, says Ogunjobi
Tips him for CAF award

"The way he received me, comported himself while discusing matters affecting the team (Eagles) convinced me that Bolton did not pick a bad captain afterall",
The scribe equally showered praises on Victor Agali, whom he visited earlier this week in his FESTAC, Lagos home. Commenting on the gangling Schalke 04 of Germany's striker, Ogunjobi said: "I always feel very happy when I see footballers who have focus. For Agali to have erected such building shows that he is among the few that think and plan for their future''

He added: "He has to learn from the plight of most former Nigerian internationals who now leave in penury", saying, "it is sad to see our former internationals who made so much waves in Nigeria and abroad loitering around without anything to fall back on".
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Abi na football him go talk or na to see wetin the Bobo dem get?
who no know go know.
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

I beg make man hear work jare. So dem no fit talk about anything else abi? Make una loosen up. Una too dey uptight for this forum. Small time now una go talk say make we wear suit and tie before we log on and begin post for forum. :x
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Yeye Ogunjobi... What are they doing on their part to make sure JJ gets the crown? abi na so so talk to the press dem sabi do... career criminals :twisted:
Soldier of Fortune...
Cross
Egg
Egg

Post by Cross »

I enjoyed reading the football part, not the real estate part.