farewell to a fabulous nations cup: Utaka's my new favourite

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg
farewell to a fabulous nations cup: Utaka's my new favourite

Post by so__so_scandalous »

It seemed like it a Nigeria morocco rematch was destined to be . THe way kanu amazingly won that penalty at a point when we had been utterly and completely outplayed was like confirmation for me.

Tunisia is a solid side but a distinctly unexceptional one. They have no bite- not enough edge. The galant Eagles as I susppected were severly fatigued and were totally dominated in the air. Contrast that with our amazing aerial performamnce against Cameroon three days before.

THe irritating british media as expected say that the expulsion of the 3 players came back to haunt us in extra time when the boys were fatigued but I believe Agahowa's injury hurt us far more than anything else. Now we face mali in the third place match for the second consecutive nations cup. Ten years ago we faced a team in the final who had beaten Mali 4-0 in the semifinals.

I'd like to see Okocha and Okoronkwo rested for this match I suspect that neither of them will figure heavily in the future of the Eagles. And what a future its going to be:

1. Olofinjana is going to get better and better and eventually become a colossal player for Nigeria in midfield.

2. Two years ago I predicted that Utaka would be big in nigeria and he's adhered to the script . I now see that utaka is going to be Amokachi-big for Nigeria not just any old 'big'.

3. Kanu is not done yet for this country. Nobody has skills like his in Africa - I expect him to captain Nigeria to the Next world cup.

4. Osaze - this guy is just getting started for Nigeria. I think he'll be a fan favourite for years to come

5. Agahowa has a lot to give Nigeria- i hope he bounces back from this sub-par outing and fulfils his huge potential in World football.

6. Yobo was in my opinion the best Center Back in this competition. He lives up all - and I mean all the hype!

7. Abbey's involvement in the team will depend on what he does with his club career. HE belongs in a top division side that's for sure but if he doesn't get one and a Nigerian right back emerges in a top side such as Enyeama jnr for instance, Abbey will be displaced immediately. Age is on his side and he should play for us in the World cup.

8. Babayaro will be back as well watch out for him.

Great Anc. i still don't believe Tunisia are worthy of lifting the cup Morocco are a far more deserving side . Any way I'm leaving this forum for now Ibe back come the next ANC trust.