CCC contract expires: The question is now on the table

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
CCC contract expires: The question is now on the table

Post by Enugu II »

As we all know, CCC and his crew will have their contract expire after the ANC. That indeed calls for discussion on renewal or discussion for a new appointee. As Galadima has said even before the start of the ANC, the NFA will prefer to find another coach.
Obinna
Egg
Egg

Post by Obinna »

he should be welcomed back
Owerri-Aba Road
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

i strongly suggest that CCC be allowed to still be part of the SE. he might not be the best technical person but he knows the players and has been with them for 18 months. Like Pa J said, he needs technical assistance.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
dapo lawal
Egg
Egg

Post by dapo lawal »

I concur with Juve. Be part of SE still but not the coach any more. He has taken us to a level. We now need someone else to take us to the next levl.
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

He should be cut loose; this ANC has made him marketable. He can go proove is mettle in Ghana. :D
...but with God all things are possible...
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

geminikoat wrote:He should be cut loose; this ANC has made him marketable. He can go proove is mettle in Ghana. :D
haha,, imagine him using ghana to whoop the SE with lets say van gaal... OUCH..
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

juventuss wrote:
geminikoat wrote:He should be cut loose; this ANC has made him marketable. He can go proove is mettle in Ghana. :D
haha,, imagine him using ghana to whoop the SE with lets say van gaal... OUCH..
In table soccer anything is possible. I believe you man.
...but with God all things are possible...
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

Whatever the NFA does in the next few weeks will give an indication of where the SE are headed in the future. Our primary concern right now should be to qualify our boys for the Athens Olympics. I say this because the Olympic team will form the nucleus of the SE team going forward. That team will, hopefully, carry the flag in the 2006 World Cup. Preparation for that tournament should starts at the end of this ANC. When you notice that 11 of the 22 players at this ANC are under 23 years of age and we have not even began to include Martins, Eliakwu, Obodo, Opabunmi, Makinwa, etc, etc.., you begin to see the potential for the future of Nigerian football. If we can qualify these guys for the Olympics, that tournament will be the first one for a new generation of SE. Incidentally, this same Tunisia is in our Olympic qualifying group so we can, hopefully, get our boys to revenge this ANC semifinal defeat.

Getting back to the coaching issue. If Chukwu's contract expires at the end of this tournament and the NFA/Sports Ministry is hell bent on bringing in a FC, Van Gaal, as has been suggested in another thread, will not be my candidate. Van Gaal appears to have lost his touch. The last thing the SE need is another coach that cannot harness and maximise the talent at his disposal.

The most important criteria the NFA need to look for in a coach is one who has a record of bringing the best out of his players. A coach that has a proven record of doing better than expected with limited talent. A coach who get's his team to play hard everytime they get on the pitch. The one example that comes to mind is Sam Allardyce. I am sure there are other coaches out there with limited talent at their disposal and yet get their teams to play better than expected. If Nigeria can get such a coach to harness the abundance of talent on our team and get these guys to play, the sky is the limit. Nigeria does not need a Prima Donna or big name coach right now. We need a coach who is willing to get down and dirty and, most importantly, get his players to play ball.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Left to me, I will not hire CCC in any capacity. I will look to our younger coaches, who have time on their side to develope and become top class coaches. I will look to Ikhana and ex-players who have global exposure and have worked in the highest football enviroment.

CCC should be pensioned off honourably.

PS: I also like the current Rangers coach.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
toyin133
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: CCC contract expires: The question is now on the table

Post by toyin133 »

Enugu II wrote:As we all know, CCC and his crew will have their contract expire after the ANC. That indeed calls for discussion on renewal or discussion for a new appointee. As Galadima has said even before the start of the ANC, the NFA will prefer to find another coach.
can you advance any good reason why his contract should be renewed either as head coach or assistant?
I fear that the NFA will not or will be unable to do anything until the WC qualifiers are upon us and then will botch the decision again.
"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." Jasper Carrott
"Mind you, football is not really about winning, or goals, or saves or supporters. It's about glory. It's about doing things in style, doing them with a flourish. It's
about going out to beat the other lot, not waiting for them to die of boredom."
Danny Blanchflower
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Waffiman wrote:Left to me, I will not hire CCC in any capacity. I will look to our younger coaches, who have time on their side to develope and become top class coaches. I will look to Ikhana and ex-players who have global exposure and have worked in the highest football enviroment.

CCC should be pensioned off honourably.

PS: I also like the current Rangers coach.

Ikhana and Adiele are the shntz, right?
You're a SAD case.....very pathetic indeed. I really do weep for you and your ilk :cry:
TD
Egg
Egg

Post by TD »

Personally, I think continuity should be the watchword. There would be nothing more painful to hire a new coach, even an IC, who will commence with another round of Onigbindizing. However, any arrangements made should preferably not have CCC calling all the shots. We've seen enough of his managerial capabilities to know how limited they are. Did I hear someone mention, consortium? I think a triad of Amodu, CCC and Ikhana should be given a try. (Wishful thinking, eh?).
"The youth of a nation must, out of relative obscurity, discover it's mission, fulfill it or betray it"... Frantz Fanon
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

toyin133 wrote:[I fear that the NFA will not or will be unable to do anything until the WC qualifiers are upon us and then will botch the decision again.
That is my fear. They need to make a decision right away and let the players know who they will be dealing with for the next 2 years. If it's Chukwu, then so be it. The NFA cannot sit around and pull this fire brigade action on us again.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

CCC has sufficient tactical knowlege and can continue to improve. And the ANC performance is proof that we have a team that is on the rise. I also think that CCC's approach to coaching is much clearer now. The concern with CCC's approach though is not simply tactics. It really appears that CCC needs to focus more on issues of team balance. Both in his squad selection & on-the-field selection. Perhaps a big clue to CCC's attitude towards team balance lies in the fact that he only started one true DM through the whole tournament despite continuing evidence that the DM was being overwhelmed. And a rookie DM at that. Another clue is in his willingness to expel 3 key players when he had other forms of disciplinary action at his disposal. A third clue is in his utter reliance on JJ & Kanu to deliver despite the obvious compounded imbalances caused by playing them together. Also the exclusion of Obodo is yet another balance clue.

if CCC can overcome the balance issue, he will continue to grow as a coach.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

I would rehire CCC not on sentiment but on RESULTS.

Under CCC this is the SE we saw:

1) Eagles playing with heart and desire

2) Eagles playing a disciplined game

3) Eagles playing as a team and not a bunch of individuals

4) Eagles playing an attack that was multidimensional

5) Eagles playing as an attacking team again

6) Eagles playing an excellent defensive game

7) Eagles executing pre-planned strategy

Under Christian Chukwu we see a team that holds a lot more promise than that joke of a team that Onigbinde assembled in the name of "not being disgraced" and the Mali 2002 team that played with a lot less spirit and with a defensive emphasis.

Technically, CCC read the game against Tunisia and Cameroon, extremely well and showed that he could compete with the oyinbo coaches that our administrators have so much love for.

To not rehire CCC would be a real shame but I would not be surprised given all the ethnic and racial insecurities of many Nigerians.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

TD wrote:Personally, I think continuity should be the watchword. There would be nothing more painful to hire a new coach, even an IC, who will commence with another round of Onigbindizing. However, any arrangements made should preferably not have CCC calling all the shots. We've seen enough of his managerial capabilities to know how limited they are. Did I hear someone mention, consortium? I think a triad of Amodu, CCC and Ikhana should be given a try. (Wishful thinking, eh?).
Excellent idea. One problem, who has the final say?
To stop trying is to start dying
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

toyin133 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:As we all know, CCC and his crew will have their contract expire after the ANC. That indeed calls for discussion on renewal or discussion for a new appointee. As Galadima has said even before the start of the ANC, the NFA will prefer to find another coach.
can you advance any good reason why his contract should be renewed either as head coach or assistant?
I fear that the NFA will not or will be unable to do anything until the WC qualifiers are upon us and then will botch the decision again.

Can you advance any good reason why his contract shouldn't be renewed?
Because he was just 8 mins from beating the host and reaching the ANC final. All the riff raffs are suddenly coming out of the woodwork.
Nonsense
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

CCC said himself that only winning the ANC will do for a Foreigh coach. I am afraid he has to abide those same standards to himself now. For me, it is a question of honour.

Besides, we need to move on and give the youth a chance, we need the younger players and younger coaches to be set up in a structure to succeed for the future.

The likes of Lawal have to move asided for Melkam, Chris and co. We must move on.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

And your boy Kanu?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Before we decide, there has to be a public conference attended by CCC, the FA and some players where journalists can publicly ask questions and find out what happened in Tunisia; the good, the bad and the ugly;

Chuwku can explain what difficulties he experienced, what happened with the randy 343's, why he selected players he didnt have confidence in at the expense of quality tested players and so on and so forth; after this can we then make an infomred decision.

If he was responsible for dropping Oruma, Obodo and Kalu for Ekong, Ekwueme etc. then he should explain why Ekong wasn't fielded when it was evident Seyi was struggling? and if it is indeed true that the FA was behind them being dropped then how can he convince us his list won't be tampered with agan in the furure should he be left to continue.

There are too many questions to be answered first; this is what we need to do first before making any rash decisions.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

CCC said himself that only winning the ANC will do for a Foreigh coach. I am afraid he has to abide those same standards to himself now. For me, it is a question of honour.

Waffi please tell us what you have against CCC?
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Do you know any Naija journalists who ask such probing questions and reveal the responses in their publications?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

YeyeMan v2.1 wrote:And your boy Kanu?
Against Cameroun he played out of his skin but I cannot exclude Papi when I say I want to see the young hungry guys given their chance. I cannot be such a hypocrite. Let's face it, all good things come to an end.

However we need a coach who can manage this most important process of change.