Chuwku as a tactician!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I think we are saying the same thing!
Compare Nig vs. Morocco and RSA in 2000 to the same two teams in 2004.
And BTW, who says the Tunisian team of 2000 was hastily arranged? Where did you get that spin from :lol: ?

Cyber Saint wrote:Oh, TXJ, come on!
That's a strech, even for a spin doctor like yourself :D
C'mon now! How can you compare a well prepared Tunisia side, handled by a world class Lemerre, and to top it off they were playing home too! And you wanna compare that team with a hastly arranged Tunisia side that faced Nigeria at our own backyard in Lagos.
Helllooo??? The difference between the two sides is as clear as 7UP, buddy. A more objectivity comparison would be Cameroun and South Africa b'cos none of them were the home team in this situation.

txj wrote:Its an interesting comparison which you suggest and perhaps the clearest distinction between an organized team and one which at best plays in patches. Indeed, I will go on to say that I am yet to see Nigeria play better, in all phases of the game since the encounter against Morocco in 2000. And while we are at it, also spare a moment to watch the Nigeria-Tunisia match in 2000 and observe the manner in which the attack was laid out, the quality of goals scored, quality of movement of players, etc...

Cyber Saint wrote:
eejikes wrote:BUT STILL I DONT THINK CCC CAN TAKE NIGERIAN FOOTBALL WHERE WE WANT TO GO, or even lift it significantly above its current lowly levels. A change total or partial of some sort is needed, non of the matches we played in ANC left me feeling that we had arrived, or that we even know which direction we should be travelling.
Just my opinion, dont kill me for it :)

Ejike, here's an open challenge to you and anybody else to cares to take it.
Compare and contrast these matches:
ANC 2000 (under BonJo), Nigeria v. South Africa, and Nigeria v. Cameroun
ANC 2004, Nigeria v. South Africa, and Nigeria v. Cameroun.

Now tell me which of the two teams played a more cohesive soccer. Any objective game analyst would agree that this is the best SE team since 1994, despite all odds.