Joe Enahaikare

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Shownoja
Egg
Egg
Joe Enahaikare

Post by Shownoja »

This brother played a game and a half today. I havent watched much of him, but I was a bit apprehensive since some people has previously said he was slow.

Slow? Those people must be smoking something, coz that brother can move, read the game like a top premiership player, was strong, stood on his feet, recovered well, covered brillaintly for Yobo, and generally marshalled that defence like a veteran.

If this guy keeps playing like this, it will be hard for Isaac to get his place back.

There should never again be a time when this chap should play anything other than centre back for the SE.

He had a brilliant game.
To stop trying is to start dying
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

i feel he might be the next best thing to Yobo .. I spoke to 2 players in camp when they were in Faro, the players said that Joe was a fantastic defender, one of the best they have seen in a long time and they were awed by his physical strenght
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

chief nfachairman wrote:i feel he might be the next best thing to Yobo .. I spoke to 2 players in camp when they were in Faro, the players said that Joe was a fantastic defender, one of the best they have seen in a long time and they were awed by his physical strenght
I did suggest playing him a back three but rthe conmcept was laughed at. Hmmmmmm.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Fantastic! In a third place match.....
Bullocks!!!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Enakhire is definitely one for the future. For now, Taribo West is still there and if Okoronkwo gets to see 1st team football soon, i don't expect his partnership with yobo to be threatened
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

txj wrote:Fantastic! In a third place match.....
Bullocks!!!
Crawl back under the rock you just emerged from.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:i feel he might be the next best thing to Yobo .. I spoke to 2 players in camp when they were in Faro, the players said that Joe was a fantastic defender, one of the best they have seen in a long time and they were awed by his physical strenght
I did suggest playing him a back three but rthe conmcept was laughed at. Hmmmmmm.
So what do you want now a cookie???, :D , just gagging
Sir Vic
Egg
Egg

Post by Sir Vic »

Organisation! organisation!! organisation!!!
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Martin Luther King Jr.
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

This brother played a game and a half today. I havent watched much of him, but I was a bit apprehensive since some people has previously said he was slow.

Slow? Those people must be smoking something, coz that brother can move, read the game like a top premiership player, was strong, stood on his feet, recovered well, covered brillaintly for Yobo, and generally marshalled that defence like a veteran.

If this guy keeps playing like this, it will be hard for Isaac to get his place back.

There should never again be a time when this chap should play anything other than centre back for the SE.

He had a brilliant game.

so u thikn he is better than Okoronkwo then?
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Blakes wrote:

He had a brilliant game.

Current Okoronkwo v Current Enahaikare - No contest Joe wins.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Blakes wrote:

He had a brilliant game.

Dunno if he is better than Okoronkwo but in this one game, he definitely did play better than Isaac did all tourney. for me it's not a matter of who is better but that we seemingly have another quality option at the back. I would like to see how good his ball distribution is so we might consider moving him to DM; so far his positioning and tackling were superb in this game even though the quality of opposition was suspect;
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

theYemster wrote:
Blakes wrote:

He had a brilliant game.

Dunno if he is better than Okoronkwo but in this one game, he definitely did play better than Isaac did all tourney. for me it's not a matter of who is better but that we seemingly have another quality option at the back. I would like to see how good his ball distribution is so we might consider moving him to DM; so far his positioning and tackling were superb in this game even though the quality of opposition was suspect;
I think it was because he did his job so well. Kanoute must have thought Africans cant defend, until today when he jammed Joe. He was quickly subbed. Now he knows better :lol:
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

theYemster wrote:
Blakes wrote:

He had a brilliant game.

you and your conversions sef .. I tire for you .. When u move players out of there natural positins or from positions they play regularly to other positins that they hardly play, you make them an average player .. I think Zidane should be converted to a striker bcos of his striking abilty
Naija fan
Egg
Egg

Post by Naija fan »

In my opinion, Joe looked a whole lot better and felt more comfortable in defense than Okoronko. Why Chukwu decided to start Okoronko ahead of Joe is a mystry to me.
"It is not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you are not."
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Shownoja wrote: Kanoute must have thought Africans cant defend, until today when he jammed Joe. He was quickly subbed. Now he knows better :lol:
Nah, I think he found that out on Wednesday after playing Maroc.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

chief nfachairman wrote: you and your conversions sef .. I tire for you .. When u move players out of there natural positins or from positions they play regularly to other positins that they hardly play, you make them an average player .. I think Zidane should be converted to a striker bcos of his striking abilty
Pally, I am just thinking aloud; we seem to have abundant options in CD, Yobo, Isaac, Ribo while we seem short in DM hence my suggestion. If he has good passing vision, coupled with his good positioning, tackling and match reading ability, he would be a natural fit in DM; that is the only difference between being a CD and a DM; it would sem a shame to waste his talents if he can't get a starting shirt in CD due to the aforementioned competition there.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Chief Goza
Egg
Egg

Post by Chief Goza »

Well, he always said he's not a right back, and on the ocassions I've spoken to him, he felt the RB position doesn't always do him justice.

I watched him today and I was impressed with two things he did: intercepting passes and marking. In interception, he was reading the passes well and picking them, while in marking, he played like a real 'backman'.

Verdict: one to watch.
Proverbs 14:16
A wise man fears and departs from evil, But a fool rages and is self-confident.
-------------------------------------------------------
Many receive advice but only the wise profit from it.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Chief Goza wrote:Well, he always said he's not a right back, and on the ocassions I've spoken to him, he felt the RB position doesn't always do him justice.

I watched him today and I was impressed with two things he did: intercepting passes and marking. In interception, he was reading the passes well and picking them, while in marking, he played like a real 'backman'.

Verdict: one to watch.
Goza, those were the two things that struck me about his game today; his positioning and marking; meaning he reads the game well enuff to be able to interprete and intercept opponents attacks; however what we need do is see how well he can distribute the ball; if he is this good, it would be a real shame to keep him on ice becos of competition in CD from the likes of Yobo, Ribo and Isaac.

The fact that Chukwu didn't bring him on against Tunisia when Seyi was struggling is a mystery to me.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

I'll reserve judgement till i see the game, but he should never be played as LB ever again
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Dodo wrote:I'll reserve judgement till i see the game, but he should never be played as LB ever again
Well, we have Abbey now so what we need do is find a suitable backup - probably Bob Usim or Chris Kanu.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

One quick question guys.I have not seen the match but do you guys think His performance was possibly because this was a third place match hence no pressure was on him??
fishward1
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward1 »

He was very good and was never beaten on the blind side unlike okoronkwo who always gets in trouble by not puting his body between the player and the ball. They take it from him and next thing its a foot race he cannot win and eto scores!!!

If this bobo had played we would not have lost to tunisia . Whats was chukwu thinking he should have brought him on to help after the penalty by Okocha for Olofinjana and we would have been in the final.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Joe Enarkhaire gave a very good account of himself in central D... now I see why NFA-Chair has been shouting that his boy be given a run in the middle of D... he was quite comfortable with the ball... loved his tackles (very timely)... never got beat aerially... and was not ball watching as he did when he played right back...

I know it was just a 3rd place match, but he did play better than Okoronkwo did in any game... (the only one Okoronkwo played better than is Ejide, Etafia and possibly Ekwueme...yep I know the other two are goalies... yes! that's how bad Okoronkwo was)...

On Joe, I like his calmness and his awareness plus his aerial ability...

NFA-Chair, my apologies.... :) he can play in Central D...

Shownoja, as a RB his lack of pace is exposed but in CD he reads the game well enough not to be caught out...

Up Naija!!!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!