SO YAKUBU ADAMU: A MEMBER OF THE U-23 TEAM.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Eaglet
Eaglet
SO YAKUBU ADAMU: A MEMBER OF THE U-23 TEAM.

Post by GUEST »

I'll Prove Myself, Yakubu Adamu

P.M. News (Lagos)

December 31, 2003
Posted to the web December 31, 2003

Farotimi Oluwole
Lagos

Newly-invited U-23 player, Yakubu Adamu, who plays for Schalke 04 of Germany, has promised not to disappoint Nigerians if he is fielded against the Junior Lions of Senegal this weekend.

The defensive midfielder, who is a fringe player at Schalke 04, said he will contribute his quota to ensure that the Nigerian Olympic team triumphs over their Senegalese opponents.

Adamu, who is one of the seven players invited to beef-up the squad, assured that the Musa Abdullahi-tutored team would not disappoint Nigerians on Saturday.
"I will give my best to make sure the U-23 team wins the match," said Adamu who also disclosed that he dumped St. Paulin of Germany because the club was relegated last season.

Meanwhile, the U-23 team would engage the Ivorien Olympic team in an international friendly today at their Sol Beni camp, Abidjan, before travelling to Dakar for this weekend's Olympic qualifier against Senegal.
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

Talk the talk and walk the walk.
who no know go know.
mystic

Post by mystic »

Guest:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that Yakubu had been invited for this match. Now if only they can invite Micheal Nnaji, Harrison Omokoh and Abiodun Agunbiade...
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Mystic, do u have any current info on SULEMAN MOHAMMED. the guy that captained our T&T team?
ikwerreman
Egg
Egg

Post by ikwerreman »

mystic wrote:Guest:

Thanks for the info. I didn't know that Yakubu had been invited for this match. Now if only they can invite Micheal Nnaji, Harrison Omokoh and Abiodun Agunbiade...

HArrisson Omokoh was in the Sydney 2000 team.
I remember he played the first couple of games against NAmibia.
Didnt make the final cut though.
I dont see how he can still want to play for the under twenty threes again.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Is Yakubu Adamu truly with Schalke?
The Observer
Egg
Egg

Post by The Observer »

Harrison Omokoh was a teenager in 2000. Check Nigerianplayers.com.

Yakubu Adamu is with the reserve team of Schalke, which happens to be in the 2nd or 3rd division. However, he appears to be a big prospect for the first team, perhaps next season.
Every soul shall taste of death. And you shall be paid on the Day of Resurrection only that which you have fairly earned. Whoever is removed from the fire of Hell and is made to enter the Garden, he indeed is successful. The life of this world is nothing but the comfort of illusion – Quran 3: 185