If it were Robson....

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
If it were Robson....

Post by txj »

...who coached Nigeria to this same third place finish, playing football at the level we did...
would you ask that he be retained?
Yes or no...
omotori
Egg
Egg

Post by omotori »

First I do not think Robson is a competent coach. And the guy could not get an assignment in his own country. And he is too colo.

But if he joined the eagus as proposed right before the ANC tournament, I would say yes retain him to give him a chance. Every coach deserves at least a year & one tournament before bottom-line evaluation.
NEDI
Egg
Egg
Re: If it were Robson....

Post by NEDI »

txj wrote:...who coached Nigeria to this same third place finish, playing football at the level we did...
Yes or no...
No doubt with some bonus attached sef.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Firstly, CCC and Robson are not in same conditions...one is paid thousands of dollars, the other is in naira....if I can get the same quality of job done for less, I'll go for the more beneficial option.

Secondly, there's no guarantee Robson wud have got us past the 1st round.

Lastly, I think it's high time we get over this Robson issue.
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Riche007 wrote:Firstly, CCC and Robson are not in same conditions...one is paid thousands of dollars, the other is in naira....if I can get the same quality of job done for less, I'll go for the more beneficial option.

is the a guarantee that we wouldn't have won it :wink:
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Riche007 wrote:Firstly, CCC and Robson are not in same conditions...one is paid thousands of dollars, the other is in naira....if I can get the same quality of job done for less, I'll go for the more beneficial option.

You still did not answer the question. No need for story, it's a simple Yes or No question.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

theYemster wrote:

You still did not answer the question. No need for story, it's a simple Yes or No question.
well yo

Post by Cyber Saint »

Wow. The world must be coming to an end b'cos Richie has started making sense :D :D
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Riche007, what about the fact that Chukwu has been in charge for nearly 2 years, while Robson would have only been in charge for a couple of months?

Fact is, if Robson (infact, any Englishman) had led us to 3rd place there'd be hell to pay. But for CCC, 3rd place is acceptable. Now THATS what i call colo-mentality.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote:...who coached Nigeria to this same third place finish, playing football at the level we did...
Yes or no...

Txj:

Actually the campaign for public opinion on this site was to have Robson retained even if he lost in the opening round. Was Ayo and the likes of Waffiman not claiming that we should not be expecting much from Robson since he would have only December to coach the team? In fact, I believe Robson would have been called GOD if he finished third.

IMO, sure why not retain him if we finished third? I surely would be one of those calling for him to be retained because I believe finishing third in the competition after losing to the host nation/eventual champions on Pks would have demonstrated that Robson earned his keep.

I must also add that I may infact have supported his retention even if he lost earlier than the semi-final stage because it is time that we think in terms of the long term rather than the knee-jerk approach of hiring and firing coaches.
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

theYemster wrote:

I dont think u answered the question either... :roll:
The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge - Hawking, 1942
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

Eagle Winged wrote:Riche007, what about the fact that Chukwu has been in charge for nearly 2 years, while Robson would have only been in charge for a couple of months?

Fact is, if Robson (infact, any Englishman) had led us to 3rd place there'd be hell to pay. But for CCC, 3rd place is acceptable. Now THATS what i call colo-mentality.
Listen, I am an SE fan...and I know what's best for SE....a very good coach......One thing i know is that if CCC and Robson worked under similar conditions (a well organised FA, etc), CCC would do much better....However, whether CCC shud continue as the coach of the SE shud be left for another debate.
On a final note, I wud go for the best coach out there regardless of the nationality....if i can get the best in Nigeria, i'll rather stick local...however, I think we got good coaches in Nigeria...we dont just have the resources and programs underway to revive and help their carreers and bring out the best in them. That being said, I dont think the SE is a training/breeding ground for untested products.
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

Eagle Winged wrote:Riche007, what about the fact that Chukwu has been in charge for nearly 2 years, while Robson would have only been in charge for a couple of months?

Can you honestly sayt (when CCC was only in for a few months) that you gave him a chance?
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Riche007 wrote:

Listen, I am an SE fan...and I know what's best for SE....a very good coach......One thing i know is that if CCC and Robson worked under similar conditions (a well organised FA, etc), CCC would do much better....However, whether CCC shud continue as the coach of the SE shud be left for another debate.
On a final note, I wud go for the best coach out there regardless of the nationality....if i can get the best in Nigeria, i'll rather stick local...however, I think we got good coaches in Nigeria...we dont just have the resources and programs underway to revive and help their carreers and bring out the best in them. That being said, I dont think the SE is a training/breeding ground for untested products.
Again, Yes or No? :?

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

To answer the question, YES I would..just like Im asking for CCC to be retained now
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Akamoke wrote:

Can you honestly sayt (when CCC was only in for a few months) that you gave him a chance?
Yes, i can.
Enugu II

Post by Enugu II »

Yes or no...
txj:

what is your own answer? and why?
Bell

Post by Bell »

INCOMPLETE QUESTION

It's like asking: if you were offered the same car by two salesmen, from whom would you buy it? You'd probably want to ask a few questions, like what would it cost from either salesman?
Bell
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I doubt if anyone will not ask for Robson's retention however the final consideration wll have to be what his wage demand will be.

I've been one of CCC's harshest critic on this forum but with what I saw at the ANC, I believe there is still some hope in our team at the hands of CCC. The only thing that could stop me from endoursing CCC is if a revelation comes out that shows right after the Morocco lose, a secret TA was drafted into the team to tinker the team,which brought about the complete and total formation of the team.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Cyber Saint

Post by Cyber Saint »

Its a Goal wrote:I doubt if anyone will not ask for Robson's retention however the final consideration wll have to be what his wage demand will be.

I've been one of CCC's harshest critic on this forum but with what I saw at the ANC, I believe there is still some hope in our team at the hands of CCC. The only thing that could stop me from endoursing CCC is if a revelation comes out that shows right after the Morocco lose, a secret TA was drafted into the team to tinker the team,which brought about the complete and total formation of the team.

This is what I call objectivity.
Kudos to you, IAG. We need more forumers like yourself.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Yes or no...
Yes and No!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Bell wrote:INCOMPLETE QUESTION

It's like asking: if you were offered the same car by two salesmen, from whom would you buy it? You'd probably want to ask a few questions, like what would it cost from either salesman?
Bell
There's nothing incomplete about it, jeeze...based on the exact same scenario, but with a different coach period!....it's not Rocket Science, it's either Yes or No.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Riche007
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Riche007 »

theYemster wrote:
Bell wrote:INCOMPLETE QUESTION

Bell
There's nothing incomplete about it, jeeze...based on the exact same scenario, but with a different coach period!....it's not Rocket Science, it's either Yes or No.
Yem, I dont think u've answered the question either....Yes or No?