Naija in easy group, Cameroun in difficult group IMHO W/C Qu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet
Naija in easy group, Cameroun in difficult group IMHO W/C Qu

Post by CMS »

Friday, December 5, 2003

2006 CAF Qualifying draw

The 30 African nations - 21 of which came through the preliminary round - were split into five groups of six teams.

The winners of each group automatically qualify for the finals.

Match Dates

2004: June 6, June 20, July 4, September 5, October 10.
2005: March 27, June 5, June 19, September 4, October 9

GROUP ONE P W D L F A Pts
Senegal 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Mali 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Zambia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Togo 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Liberia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Congo 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

GROUP TWO P W D L F A Pts
South Africa 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Congo DR 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Burkina Faso 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ghana 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Uganda 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Cape Verde Islands 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

GROUP THREE P W D L F A Pts
Cameroon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Egypt 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ivory Coast 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Libya 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sudan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Benin 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

GROUP FOUR P W D L F A Pts
Nigeria 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Zimbabwe 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Algeria 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Angola 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Gabon 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Rwanda 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

GROUP FIVE P W D L F A Pts
Tunisia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Morocco 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Kenya 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Guinea 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Malawi 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Botswana 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
http://nigeriamasterweb.com/paperfrmes.html

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
:lol:
geminikoat
Egg
Egg

Post by geminikoat »

We're due for an easy group for a change bro.; however this group will only be as easy as we make it. If our prep. is lackadaisical as usual it'll be tough but if we prepare well it might be a walk in the park. So as we lay our bed so shall we lie in it.
...but with God all things are possible...
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Kaiii, Cameroon get tough group but those Lions are battle tested and will find a way to come through
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Naaaa our group is not easy at all and any slip ups and we are out. Every game will be a fight to finish especially the away matches and also have to look out for teams that are coming to play for a draw in Lagos or wherever we play at home...

The games against Algeria, Gabon, Zimbabwe, and Angola home and away are key matches to win or least get a point based on the situation at that time but haven't seen Rwanda play might be the joker of all teams in the group. The good thing is since they are in the ANC it will be nice to see and know how they play before i can judge them... Stay tuned...
Last edited by MI5 on Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldier of Fortune...
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Beware of easy groups. They are full of teams that plays each game as if it's their cup finals. It could also lead to complacency and lack of proper preparation. Please ask Ghana.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

CMS,

I disagree that our group is easy.
Ebyboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Ebyboy »

When I hear talk about easy groups I think of how Ghana's World Cup dreams (France '98) was destroyed by Burundi. I agree with Geminikoat. It will only be as easy as we make it.

For many years upon this spot
You heard the sound of a merry bell
Those who were rash and those who were not
Lost and made a spot of cash
He who gave the game away
May he Brynn in hell and rue the day

Bryne V. Deane [1937]
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

Our group may look easy on paper but there is still the possibility of a slip up especially if we don't get our off field antics sorted out. We never prepare! and too often we press the self destruct button. I mean, here we are barely 20 days to the kick off of the biggest tournament in Africa, a tournament that has been on the calendar for the last 2 years and we are still faffing about with a 45 man list no where close to our final 23.

Forget who else is in our group, our biggest obstacle for qualifying for WC2006 is ourselves.

Cheers
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

CMS, our group is not easy. There is no such thingin International football.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

There is no such thing as an easy group. In fact the group should be seen as even harder as we have the added pressure of being seen as the strongest in the group.

All of those teams will be looking for a scalp. The English FA cupis a good example
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
segebaba
Egg
Egg

Post by segebaba »

our group seems easy, but knowing our preparations, we will wait till the last minute b4 qualifying. For once why cant we be the first to qualify by beating all the junk teams in our group on time. I guess thats just wishful thinkng cos i know my people
those who fail to plan, plan to fail........

"Valdez comes out & spits the verbiage like Mussolini at the balcony", lol...
"Puyol almost got caught w his knickers down" Lmao!
"Messi could follow u into a revovling door and still come out first"
"It's the maestro himself, the puppeteer who turns into the daggerman..", lol...
Akamoke

Post by Akamoke »

If we approach this group like Bonfrere did , we are toast, I don't think Algeria will be as lenient as Liberia was. However if we approach each game as Amodu did, we will be home and dry by the time we play our final match
SSTAR
Egg
Egg
Not Quite Easy!!!

Post by SSTAR »

I do not believe Rwanda can be overlooked, judging from the way they have dealt with Ghana, and the way their CAF cup representatives almost gave Julius Berger a heart attack.

Truly, it is hard to ignore any opponent this days, as there is a kind of general balance of power in the game. Doubters should try to explain how France did not manage to score a single goal in the last World Cup and were subsequently out in the first round.
The meek shall inherit the earth, but they will not hold the mineral rights!!!
MI5
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by MI5 »

Amodu hehehehehehe.... :lol:

Akamoke wrote:If we approach this group like Bonfrere did , we are toast, I don't think Algeria will be as lenient as Liberia was. However if we approach each game as Amodu did, we will be home and dry by the time we play our final match
Soldier of Fortune...
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

This is why Cameroon would come out victorious in their group. Their players believe it is their duty to play for their country. They would show up even if Cameroon was playing against Malawi. Ivorians would ignore the call ups most of the time. Do you guys rem. what they went through in 2000? The Military camps? Kai, i know some of you wish the NFA should treat Martins the way those Ivorian players were treated post CAN 00 :mrgreen: i.e be sent to a military camp.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

:shock: Wait o! wait o!! Wait O!!! Una don dey fear.... Wey all the CCC appologists wey dey say CCC will win ANC?

By reading your own statements, some of us here are begining to see SE as an ordinary team. No confidence in our team and organization at all.
Let's be realistic, theses teams are easy considering what Cameroun has in stock. However, we do not know what we have as the coaching crew is incompetent and the players have no confidence in him as evidenced by the continued no shows after numerous call ups.

Our organization has been reduced to beggers led by our Oliver Twist Ogunjobi who is now a master at begging. The NFA resources are now being spent flying around the world chasing players and begging for appearance.

Please go back and review this list it's an easy group. In that our team does not inspire confidence, is a different problem.

Keshi said that before the team arrived South Africa that he told skipper Joseph Yobo that the Eagles were going to win the Cup but the former Everton defender did not believe.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Our world cup group does not look easy to me especially when one conseders what we went through the last time. Algeria ,Angola and Gabon are not going to be eazy prey for us and when one conseders the kind of disorganization our football is going through right now, you will understand that our task is alot harder. Watch this space..
ruff'n'tuff
Egg
Egg

Post by ruff'n'tuff »

No group is easy.You snooze you loose.
who no know go know.
mouko
Egg
Egg

Post by mouko »

Guys,
Niaja group is easy. Would Naija have rather had Cameroon's group? naaw. But the question is, would be make for complacency?.
If Sex and Money can't do it, Forget About It.
01.06.1955 Ghana 7-0 Nigeria International @Kwabena
anikulapo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anikulapo »

Why is the name of Amoudummy still mentioned on this website...Damn, I am sure the fans of Sharks and enyimba are still looking to kick his butt
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.....

"“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.”

MLK.
CMS
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by CMS »

anikulapo wrote:Why is the name of Amoudummy still mentioned on this website...Damn, I am sure the fans of Sharks and enyimba are still looking to kick his butt
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Easy abi, ok now,that was how easy the last qualification was and for a moment we were looking at the possibility of not qualifying. I belive if we go it the same way this time, well methinks we wont be as lucky this time.
i cant belive people are still talking aboutn easy matches, when the likes of Liberia and even Siera Leone took us to the cleaners the last time.
I am still suffering in the hand of an Irish colleague who because he was born in Siera Leone decides to use that to get back at me for daring to come to Dublin to beat them.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
bamenda boy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bamenda boy »

I think it takes more than talent these days. If your team has that cohesion, it is usually very hard to break through. If you can fight till the end, then you would qualify.
Only two things in life are certain - death and taxes. But there is one other unpleasant certainty: criticism. No one escapes it entirely and often our careers, our emotional stability, even our happiness depends on how we react to it."By Benjamin Franklin"