Which SE player deserves this kind of treatment...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mister dolly
Which SE player deserves this kind of treatment...

Post by mister dolly »

Zambian star freed

By Kennedy Gondwe
BBC Sport, Lusaka

Zambian striker Linos Chalwe has been freed after spending 28 days in solitary confinement, for breaking rules at his army side, Green Buffaloes.

Chalwe, who has since quit Buffaloes, was punished for attending trials with South African premier league side Hellenic without clearance from his team.

The 24-year-old was forced to celebrate Christmas alone and its an experience he says he won't forget in a hurry.

"The treatment that I have received from Buffaloes is something I can't put in to words.

"I was doing manual work all day, like gardening, carrying things and packing crates of soft drinks," he said.

"This is an experience that I will live with until I depart from mother earth.

"For the first time in my life, I spent Christmas alone without my family," he added.

Chalwe says that he was forced to attend the trails without permission because Buffaloes had been trying to stop his move.

He says that after trials with Hellenic last January, the South Africans wanted to take him on loan, but Buffaloes said they were only interested in selling him.

Chalwe said that Hellenic invited him for a second trial in June after they changed coaches, but Buffaloes didn't give him a clearance letter forcing him to go AWOL.

He said upon his return from South Africa, he was sent to solitary confinement.

However the Buffaloes chairperson Lt Col Diamond Chimoba has defended the action saying that Chalwe was a soldier, and as such he deserved such punishment for going AWOL.

He said that if Chalwe felt unfairly treated, he was free to sue.

Meanwhile the Football Association of Zambia has promised to investigate the matter.
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

MD
He's not regarded as a footballer but a soldier hence might have to accept it. It will be interesting to see what FIFA says about this.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg
Re: Which SE player deserves this kind of treatment...

Post by sunshinestar »

mister dolly wrote:Zambian star freed

By Kennedy Gondwe
BBC Sport, Lusaka

Zambian striker Linos Chalwe has been freed after spending 28 days in solitary confinement, for breaking rules at his army side, Green Buffaloes.

Chalwe, who has since quit Buffaloes, was punished for attending trials with South African premier league side Hellenic without clearance from his team.

The 24-year-old was forced to celebrate Christmas alone and its an experience he says he won't forget in a hurry.

"The treatment that I have received from Buffaloes is something I can't put in to words.

"I was doing manual work all day, like gardening, carrying things and packing crates of soft drinks," he said.

"This is an experience that I will live with until I depart from mother earth.

"For the first time in my life, I spent Christmas alone without my family," he added.

Chalwe says that he was forced to attend the trails without permission because Buffaloes had been trying to stop his move.

He says that after trials with Hellenic last January, the South Africans wanted to take him on loan, but Buffaloes said they were only interested in selling him.

Chalwe said that Hellenic invited him for a second trial in June after they changed coaches, but Buffaloes didn't give him a clearance letter forcing him to go AWOL.

He said upon his return from South Africa, he was sent to solitary confinement.

However the Buffaloes chairperson Lt Col Diamond Chimoba has defended the action saying that Chalwe was a soldier, and as such he deserved such punishment for going AWOL.

He said that if Chalwe felt unfairly treated, he was free to sue.

Meanwhile the Football Association of Zambia has promised to investigate the matter.
FIFA must do something about this.How could Linos have been "imprisoned" for not commiting any crime,the fact that he's a soldier is no excuse.I pity him for eating eba without turkey during Xmas.
Fourteen
Egg
Egg

Post by Fourteen »

Actually if he is a soldier and plays in the Army team (?) as a soldier, then I don't think there is anything that FIFA can do. As a soldier, if you leave your "assignment" without permission, you get punished. End of Story.
FIFA must do something about this.How could Linos have been "imprisoned" for not commiting any crime,the fact that he's a soldier is no excuse.I pity him for eating eba without turkey during Xmas.
SUYA

Post by SUYA »

IT said it perfectly.