Morocco Ready!?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Robbynice
Morocco Ready!?

Post by Robbynice »

Morocco name preliminary CAN squad

Noureddine Naybet is expected to captain Morocco in Tunisia

Morocco have named a preliminary squad of 30 players ahead of the forthcoming Nations Cup finals in Tunisia.

Atlas Lions coach Badou Zaki, who kept goal for Morocco in the 1986 World Cup finals, must now trim his initial selection to 22 players ahead of the tournament kick-off on 24 January.

Of Morocco's 30-man squad, 23 are based abroad - including the national team captain Nourredine Naybet.

Portugal-based Khalid Fouhami, who returned to the international fold in September following an 18-month absence, is one of four goalkeepers named in the squad.

Morocco are due to train in the Spanish town of Marbella from 10 January to 18 January, during which Zaki will make the final adjustments to his squad.

The Confederation of African Football have set 14 January as the deadline for each nation to submit their definitive 22-man squads.

The Atlas Lions, who won the Nations Cup in 1980, will contest Group D alongside former winners Nigeria and South Africa as well as debutants Benin.

Provisional squad:

Goalkeepers:
Abdelilah Bagui (Spartak Moscow, Russia), Tarek Jarmouni (Royal Armed Forces), Khalid Fouhami (Academica, Portugal), Nadir Lamyaghri (Wydad Casablanca)

Defenders:
Ali Bouab and Faouzi Brazi (Royal Armed Forces), Jamel Allioui (Brescia, Italy), Tarek Chihab (Zurich, Switzerland), Abdelilah Fahmi (Strasbourg, France), Noureddine Kacemi (Raja Casablanca), Talal al-Karkouri (Paris St Germain, France), Youssef Mokhtari (Brughanzehn, Germany), Noureddine Naybet (Deportivo La Coruna, Spain), Abdeslam Ouaddou (Rennes, France), Akram Romani (Genk, Belgium)

Midfielders:
Yacine Abdessadki (Strasbourg, France), Samir Benghanem (Shamrock Rovers, Ireland), Mounir Diane (Lens, France), Youssef Hadji (Bastia, France), Mourad Hidoued (Litex Lovetch, Bulgaria), Abdelkrim Kaissi (Rubin Kazan, Russia), Hussein Kharja (Termana, Italy), Nabil Masloub (Raja), Yacoubi Moha (Osasuna, Spain), Walid Regragui (Ajaccio, France), Youssef Safri (Coventry, England)

Strikers:
Nabil Baha (Naval Maio, Portugal), Mustapha Bidoudane (Raja), Marouane Chamakh (Bordeaux, France), Jawad Zairi (Sochaux, France)
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

They're ready for their BEATING!!: Oya! show me ur yansh......
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep
Robbynice

Post by Robbynice »

Oh btw BBC na my source oh. :)
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Ijapa,

Get the bulala or koboko ready.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

The Atlas Lions, who won the Nations Cup in 1980, will contest Group D alongside former winners Nigeria and South Africa as well as debutants Benin.

So morrocco won the nations cup in 1980? Talk about junk reporters... I guess almighty bbc is not immune from the disease after all.
MYMIND
Egg
Egg

Post by MYMIND »

has Moustapha Hadji retired from International Football?
omonaija
Egg
Egg

Post by omonaija »

I see...some...#$%...whooo...p..i..n..g...
To God be the glory....New Year 2024! Seek him first and all other things shall be added!Thus saith the Lord!
shaq
Egg
Egg

Post by shaq »

Omonaija do you have ur own can of whoop-a.s.s ready?
I'm about to open some on the Moroccans up in here.