Shaktar Donetsk beat Arsenal to Toure

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Now some ppl will come an rate Ukrainian league as rubbish
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

YUJAM wrote:My friend, Waffi, even if Arse have first dibs on all Beveren's African contingent, it does not take away that Beveren was rescued from their financial predicament because there were able to import cheap players from Africa. That is all.

Yeah, Socrates and Rai are brothers.
True dat! At last you are beginning tosee the light. Even on Rai and Socrates. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Yujam, why you just dey argue for arguement sake? Beveren might make money, but ASEC will not have entered the deal if it was not good business for them. The boys involved would not have had a chance to play in europe if not for the deal.

You just dey argue from exploitation point of view. If this players went on to be millionaires and renowned players for both motherland and club, what will you say then. I beg sing a different tune.

For every yaya wey manage to step foot in europe, you know how many wish they could get the same chance?

YUJAM wrote:Waffi:
Wrong! I know about the deal which brought Yahya to Beveren. It included 15 other ASEC players and of course, Bevern stands to gain more from it as usual.

B4 this season, Beveren was mired in financial problems and turned to Africa for the sol'n. One of the ways they will get out of this problem is to start selling their players for massive profits.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

PaJimoh wrote:Yujam, why you just dey argue for arguement sake? Beveren might make money, but ASEC will not have entered the deal if it was not good business for them. The boys involved would not have had a chance to play in europe if not for the deal.

You just dey argue from exploitation point of view. If this players went on to be millionaires and renowned players for both motherland and club, what will you say then. I beg sing a different tune.

For every yaya wey manage to step foot in europe, you know how many wish they could get the same chance?

YUJAM wrote:Waffi:
Wrong! I know about the deal which brought Yahya to Beveren. It included 15 other ASEC players and of course, Bevern stands to gain more from it as usual.

B4 this season, Beveren was mired in financial problems and turned to Africa for the sol'n. One of the ways they will get out of this problem is to start selling their players for massive profits.
Nor mind Yujam, none of us here like the current situation, the fact is we will all love to see our players playing at home in our respective leagues in Africa - at least to a certain age if they are to leave for Europe at all.

However Yujam fails to see the benefits, for example, we cannot deny our players, usually become better players when they go to good clubs, they can especially benefit from very good coaching. There are also benefits for our National teams, from the knowledge our players bring to the table when at the WC.

The players and their families also benefit especially. The same Kolo Toure has built a new house for his family back home. I also know of another African EPL player wo is sponsoring his brother's, who wants to be a doctor's, education in England.

African players take of their families with their salaries.

So my bro, it is not all bad. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:How can we forget Michael and Brian Laudrup?
According to Yujam, they are not brothers.

:D :D :D :D :D
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
anointed
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by anointed »

Are the Kamenis ( both GKs) called up in the provisional Camerounian NC team brothers?
TOUCH NOT MY ANOINTED...
For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding...hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe
sunshinestar
Egg
Egg

Post by sunshinestar »

Brothers are many as far as soccer is concerned:Guiseppe Baresi,elder brother of Franco played for Inter between 1983 and 1992.Antonio and Emmanuele Filippini are in Calcio not forgetting Van Der Kerkhof of 1978 WC.The two Dutch players were particularly brilliant!