Ijeh Turns To Music

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ijeh Turns To Music

Post by wiseone »

http://thisdayonline.com/sport/20040102spo05.html

Ijeh Joins Music Playing Eagles

Releases single with Sony Europe
By Tunde Sulaiman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Eagles Sweden-based striker Peter Ijeh has joined the growing list of Nigerian international stars, who have turned musicians, with the scheduled release next month of his debut record.

The title of the hip-hop single 'Clap Your Hands' is being released by Sony Records Europe and is the first of a number to be released by the music giant.

Ijeh, who has won only a few caps with the national team, told THISDAYSports that he decided to turn to music in order to keep himself busy during the long break forced on them by the harsh winter in the Scandinavian country.

"I'm not into music full time I'm still a full time footballer. But since we have such a long break (October-April) I decided to try my hands on singing as a past time," he said on phone from his base in Gothenburg.

The IFK Gothenburg player, who disclosed that he wrote the lyrics himself, said he plans to send his representative to Nigeria early next month with a copy of the single, which hopes a number of radio stations will agree to play 'so Nigerians can listen to it.'

"I intend to come up with an album but as a start Sony suggested that I come up with a single which is what I've done and I hope it is well received both in Europe and back home in Nigeria."

When asked if he would toy with the idea of turning to music full time if the single turns out to be a hit, Ijeh replied: "No my first love is football. Even if it (single) is a hit I will stick to football. Perhaps when I do retire I may have a rethink but right now its football first."

Ijeh, who needed police protection when he moved from Malmo to their great rivals Gothenburg, said the rumpus has since died down and everything had returned to normal.

"Everything's now okay. They (Malmo fans) were initially very angry that I chose to leave them but after a while they got used to my absence and no longer disturb me," said Ijeh, who was the top marksman two seasons ago in Sweden with Malmo.

Ijeh is following in the tracks blazed by Jonathan Akpoborie and Jay Jay Okocha, who both tried their hands at music during their playing stints in Germany. Taribo West had a cameo part in an album released sometime ago by his friend George Weah of Liberia.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Good luck with the single.
PaJimoh

Post by PaJimoh »

Isn't his old old old news?
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

We should be expecting another single PaJ and Ijeh collaboration.
Ijapa
Egg
Egg

Post by Ijapa »

PaJimoh,
I thot so... He's been doing this for over a year
You future depends on your dreams: so go to sleep