manchester united chase everton's yobo

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Football Manager wrote:This information is credible! The process is 30% completed.
Na how you take sabi? When you have been in this news management business for as long as I have, you learn to take these things with a pinch of salt.

How many times have we seen moves collapse. Over the last two years alone, we have had the following moves break down when we thought they were sealed:

(1) Aghahowa to Middlesboro
(2) Yobo to Juventus
(3) Obodo to Man U
(4) Ekwueme to Porto
(5) Akanji to Willem II
(6) Osaze to Anderlect
(7) Taribo to Liverpool
(8) Okoronkwo to Newcastle
(9) Utaka to Lyon
(10) Idahor to Hearts

I will not believe anything until I see the ink dry on the paper.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
oloye wrote:Nobody benches a 30million rated England player for a 10million player. It is not good business, morever the absence of Rio is what has prompted this move, it only hilights how important Rio now is to Man U, Rio is not the target, but Man U bein a big team realises they need to strenghhen their reservoire, at the moment for a big team they dont have depth. They will sign Yobo, but more for a cover, just as Djemba Djemba is a cover for ROy or Nicky.
At most both will play at the same time,with Rio being the Oga behind Yobo. I am suprised you guys are even saying Rio's position is threatened, Wes Brown should be the one looking at his shoulder, Sylvester will be going back to his left back, as for O'Shea , he has never been a solid center half, he is not strong or commanding enough.
But then this could just be another rumour, you know the way agents make this deals or sell their players is simply to plant the rumours in the papers first.
Rio and Yobo will play together. I do not see Alex Ferguson benching a £30m or a £10m player. Anyway, let us see if it materialises first.

As per those saying wee will see less of Yobo in an Eagles shirt, I do not see anything wrong with that. We do not need Yobo for ANC qualifiers as these should be used as an opportunity to uncover new talent.
Besides, we want to see the likes of Orjinta, Olajengbesi, Nnanji, Adamu and Itandje tried out. We only need the likes of Yobo and Okocha for Grade A friendlies taking place in Fifa breaks and serious games like World Cup qualifiers.

If you have a coach who adopts a style of play, it is easy to slot players in and out without any disruption. While at Ajax, Van Gaal showed how it is done!
Ayo, the ANC qualfiers is also the WCQ...or didn't you get the memo?
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

But then again, Tim Howard was only bought as cover but when given the chance in pre-season he took it and hasn't looked back since...Yobo can do the same if need be...
oloye wrote:Nobody benches a 30million rated England player for a 10million player. It is not good business, morever the absence of Rio is what has prompted this move, it only hilights how important Rio now is to Man U, Rio is not the target, but Man U bein a big team realises they need to strenghhen their reservoire, at the moment for a big team they dont have depth. They will sign Yobo, but more for a cover, just as Djemba Djemba is a cover for ROy or Nicky.
At most both will play at the same time,with Rio being the Oga behind Yobo. I am suprised you guys are even saying Rio's position is threatened, Wes Brown should be the one looking at his shoulder, Sylvester will be going back to his left back, as for O'Shea , he has never been a solid center half, he is not strong or commanding enough.
But then this could just be another rumour, you know the way agents make this deals or sell their players is simply to plant the rumours in the papers first.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Tim was not bought as a cover, Fergie never hid his intention of discarding Barthez, Howard was brought in to simply replace Barthez. Sir Fergie had run out of patience with Barthez , it was a simple as that. Dont let us kid ourselves as far as EPL is concerned, Yobo still has some lessons to learn from Rio. But Yobo is getting there. If he goes to Man U, it will nto be to take over Rio's wing, it will be to patner Rio.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Ziontrain
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ziontrain »

Ayo Akinfe wrote: Silvestre is getting on, lacks the pace of Yobo and Rio and is not as good in the air. I, personallyu would have loved it if there was an old head in there like Blanc, Pallister or Bruce who Yobo could learn from as his biggest problem is still his inexperience, which is responsible for his lapses in concentration among other things.
Wow, what tha hell you talking about? Silveste is one of the fastest defenders in football. He's certainly much faster than Rio, for sure.

As for Yobo, if he's faster than Silvestre then man he must be appoaching the Olympic sprinting territory of Henry and Anelka!!! And we know thats not true - so I have no idea where you pulling that from.

As for lack of concentration, Yobo's lack of focus will make Silvestre look like Franco Baresi.
Globero
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Globero »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Globero wrote:What stops him from taking over Gary Neville's position ?
Anyone who still thinks Yobo is a right back has serious comprehension problems. Kai!!!!! Why are some people just uneducable?

This will be a good move for Yobo and I suspect that Ferguson wants him to pair Silvestre in the heart of the defence until Rio returns and once that happens, I see Sivestre being the one to give way.

Silvestre is getting on, lacks the pace of Yobo and Rio and is not as good in the air. I, personallyu would have loved it if there was an old head in there like Blanc, Pallister or Bruce who Yobo could learn from as his biggest problem is still his inexperience, which is responsible for his lapses in concentration among other things.

Anyway, good move. Yobo can only get better.

Ayo my dear friend Ayo,

Thank you for the compliment, it just goes to show how much I have emulated your extraordinary passion for idiocy. Nonetheless, your ruthless appreciation for regarding other points of view to be meaningless once its not yours is something beyond my ability to cure. Dr Tosin Akinjobi works at Aro Hospital ( I believe you've been admitted there before so you know where it is ) ,and has an opening for 9am Thursday, see him quickly PLEASE so that he can get a headstart on your malignant spread of arrogance before it damages other organs in your body besides your brain.

Now on the case of Yobo being a # 2 or NOT, a player who plays in the EPL as I have observed especially with regards to other teams ( ARSENAL especially and definitely not LEEDS ) , will play a position he is suited for or incorporate that required at the time. If Yobo does go to United and Gary is unable to play as will be the case when United plays their next game what do you think Fergie may propose ? That RVN play # 2 ? Whatever analysis you may have does not change the fact that a total professional such as Yobo can EFFECTIVELY, as I saw in the ANC, do the job that he is required to do. Please educate yourself THEN try to educate others later, once you have cooled down from being supercilious :evil:
ukblack
Egg
Egg

Post by ukblack »

If Yobo goes to Man U he will be on the bench all season long. Where there are English Internationals involved they get first priority. Yobo wont play ahead of Rio which is a fact, so its Silvestre, Brown and O'Shea + Yobo fighting for one place. If he goes to Utd the only games he'll start are the league cup games.

If he wants to move then a team like Liverpool who dont have any English internationals playing in CD would be a good choice.

Furthermore that mad man Fergie will not release Yobo for Naija games. How many games has Giggs played for wales? every time they had a game he was 'injured' but recovered in time for the Utd games.

I personally will think its a wrong move becos even though Utd are big he isnt going to get any playing time.
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Globero wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Anyone who still thinks Yobo is a right back has serious comprehension problems. Kai!!!!! Why are some people just uneducable?

This will be a good move for Yobo and I suspect that Ferguson wants him to pair Silvestre in the heart of the defence until Rio returns and once that happens, I see Sivestre being the one to give way.

Silvestre is getting on, lacks the pace of Yobo and Rio and is not as good in the air. I, personallyu would have loved it if there was an old head in there like Blanc, Pallister or Bruce who Yobo could learn from as his biggest problem is still his inexperience, which is responsible for his lapses in concentration among other things.

Ayo my dear friend Ayo,

Thank you for the compliment, it just goes to show how much I have emulated your extraordinary passion for idiocy. Nonetheless, your ruthless appreciation for regarding other points of view to be meaningless once its not yours is something beyond my ability to cure. Dr Tosin Akinjobi works at Aro Hospital ( I believe you've been admitted there before so you know where it is ) ,and has an opening for 9am Thursday, see him quickly PLEASE so that he can get a headstart on your malignant spread of arrogance before it damages other organs in your body besides your brain.
If this is not a classic I don't know what is
so__so_scandalous
Egg
Egg

Post by so__so_scandalous »

Obodo to Man U ...you're having a laugh! Yobo can cut it in any team on this planet and i know ferguson will be looking for a new centre back seeing how unstable wes brown is. i'll be surprised if he goes for Yobo though.
marloski
Egg
Egg

Post by marloski »

Globero wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo my dear friend Ayo,

Now on the case of Yobo being a # 2 or NOT, a player who plays in the EPL as I have observed especially with regards to other teams ( ARSENAL especially and definitely not LEEDS ) , will play a position he is suited for or incorporate that required at the time. If Yobo does go to United and Gary is unable to play as will be the case when United plays their next game what do you think Fergie may propose ? That RVN play # 2 ? Whatever analysis you may have does not change the fact that a total professional such as Yobo can EFFECTIVELY, as I saw in the ANC, do the job that he is required to do. Please educate yourself THEN try to educate others later, once you have cooled down from being supercilious :evil:
Nice one my guy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Molue Conductor
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Molue Conductor »

Globero wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo my dear friend Ayo,

game set match
Eaglet

Post by Jimi »

I would not recomend that move..everybody thinks being a player on the Man U squad means you are automatically one of the best in the world even if you are not getting any burn like Djemba Djemba. I would advise Yobo to stay at Everton even though his manager is a bum.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

He won't be benched if he does make that move.... well regardless MANU he would have to do it
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

This can only be good for Yobo and Nigeria.
Larry Ashagbe

Post by Larry Ashagbe »

Here is another link

http://www.sublimefootball.com/article.php?artid=2022

Man Utd chase £10m Nigerian defender
by David Sampele
Manchester United could look to strengthen their defence at the end of the season by moving for Everton's £10m rated Nigerian defender Joseph Yobo.

After the 2-3 defeat at the hands of Middlesbrough last night, the absence of Rio Ferdinand from the side posed some serious questions with United's back four conceeding two headed goals to 5'4 tall Boro midfielder Juninho.

The Red Devils slipped to 5 points behind leaders Arsenal in the Premiership table and highlighted the need for defensive leadership and cover in the absence of Ferdinand, publicly acknowledged by Sir Alex Ferguson today.

Meanwhile, in the African Nations Cup, Nigeria went out on penalties to hosts Tunisia after a 1-1 draw - despite another commanding performance from Yobo, who could be a summer target according to rumours on a local radio phone-in.

Man Utd are almost certain to receive a glowing report of Yobo's performances throughout the tournament, which may lead Sir Alex Ferguson to tempt David Moyes' hand in the summer by bidding for the defender.

Everton beat off competition from Newcastle to sign Yobo from Marseille for around £5m two seasons ago and would want to hang on to a player that has been a consistent performer for David Moyes' side, but with a £35m bank loan, they may be forced to sell the talented defender if these rumours ever come into fruition.

(Sublimefootball.com 2004-02-12, 10:59)
Talk IT
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Talk IT »

I believe you guys are talking about two different things, quickness and speed. Yobo is quicker to recover while Silvestre is faster on a longer distance.
Ziontrain wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote: Silvestre is getting on, lacks the pace of Yobo and Rio and is not as good in the air. I, personallyu would have loved it if there was an old head in there like Blanc, Pallister or Bruce who Yobo could learn from as his biggest problem is still his inexperience, which is responsible for his lapses in concentration among other things.
Wow, what tha hell you talking about? Silveste is one of the fastest defenders in football. He's certainly much faster than Rio, for sure.

As for Yobo, if he's faster than Silvestre then man he must be appoaching the Olympic sprinting territory of Henry and Anelka!!! And we know thats not true - so I have no idea where you pulling that from.

As for lack of concentration, Yobo's lack of focus will make Silvestre look like Franco Baresi.
If there were no God, I would not be alive.
And if God is not good, I would have been dead.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Globero wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:

Ayo my dear friend Ayo,

Post of the year IMO.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
living
Egg
Egg

Post by living »

Yobo should stay at Everton,when he gets a regular shirt or he will be benched in Man U
Things might come to those who wait but only those things left behind by those who hustle-Abraham Lincoln
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Alex Ferguson will not spend £10m on a player to keep him on the bench. If Yobo goes to Man U, it will be to partner Ferdinand in the heart of the defence.

Some of you are right jokers. What do you think Man U is? a charity. Good clubs like that are successful because they make wise investments decisions and there is no way the club's board of directors will sanction a spend of that sum for a bit part player.

Remember Man U have had their fingers burnt a few times in thre past, so Fergie will only get board backing if he can prove that this is a player core to his plans. Globero, you have not any sense and as you are going round in incoherent circles, I will leave you be with your Forest Gump style journey to nowhere.
Akure4Life
Egg
Egg

Post by Akure4Life »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:Alex Ferguson will not spend £10m on a player to keep him on the bench. If Yobo goes to Man U, it will be to partner Ferdinand in the heart of the defence.

Some of you are right jokers. What do you think Man U is? a charity. Good clubs like that are successful because they make wise investments decisions and there is no way the club's board of directors will sanction a spend of that sum for a bit part player.

Remember Man U have had their fingers burnt a few times in thre past, so Fergie will only get board backing if he can prove that this is a player core to his plans. Globero, you have not any sense and as you are going round in incoherent circles, I will leave you be with your Forest Gump style journey to nowhere.

Ayo strikes back. :mrgreen:
Akure4Life

Ojota is my hood.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

On a serious note, is there really the possibility of a move or is this just speculation based on what was written on the rumour pages of some website or paper?
To stop trying is to start dying
Football Manager
Egg
Egg

Post by Football Manager »

Shownoja wrote:On a serious note, is there really the possibility of a move or is this just speculation based on what was written on the rumour pages of some website or paper?
In football, rumour is fact and fact is rumour.
Yettycom
Egg
Egg

Post by Yettycom »

if Yobo moves, i believe it'll be a good move. i dont see him benching Ferdinard when he comes back but he'll bench Wes Brown anyday, anytime IMO. Brown and Yobo r not in the same class i.e experience and style
God is good to me and all who love and follow him.. Amazingly, he's also loving to all those who dont know him. What a mighty God he is!