New FC Candidate announcement!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

superwinger
Egg
Egg
New FC Candidate announcement!

Post by superwinger »

Ayo, Yujam and others have said that Nigeria will definately be recruiting a FC very soon.

Many are saying the ICs aren't good enough to take us to the next level. People keep saying we need an FC but nobody seems to be dropping any names so my question to all of you now is this.

Name three FC candidates that will guarantee a better job than any of our ICs. Now theres no point in all you armchair supporters dreaming about Alex Fergeson or Wenger. We need serious and realistic candidates therefore I will ask you to look at the 5 attributes below before making your selections:

1. Are your candidates available or willing to leave his current assignment to coach Nigeria?
2. Will your candidates even consider coaching Nigeria?
3. Will Nigeria be able to afford your candidate?
4. Does he have the right qualifications/experience to manage at the level you hope to achieve.
5. Finally, will they have Nigeria's best interest at heart like Westerhof or just be another Bora thats here to gloss his CV?

Please list the three candidates and we will all decide on the pros and cons as well as their suitability. I'm sure you'll agree this will enable us to norrow the rift between the Pro FCs and Pro ICs.
Dodo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dodo »

Henri Kasperczak
Jean Tigana

just to name two candidates, whether they are willing to work in niaja is another thing entirely
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

Please add...will they accept £12,500 per month or less, just like Lammerre was paid by Tunisia for the past 18 months?
To stop trying is to start dying
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: New FC Candidate announcement!

Post by YUJAM »

Bruno Metsu
Henri Kasperczak (sp?)
temitope
Egg
Egg

Post by temitope »

1.AyoAkinfe
2. AyoAkinfe
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

So far the candidates that have been listed seem to fit the bill. The only question will be whether these guys can deliver. I guess only fate and time will tell.

I would personally like to see Gullit or Tigana take over if it must be an FC.

Another question is if the candidates you have listed are not available or are unwilling to agree to coach Nigeria for whatever reason should we settle for other less qualified FCs or stick to ICs. Because this is my beef with Pro FC supporters in that they holla for FC but if we cannot aquire one qualified for the job they still insist on a mediocre FC instead of giving the ICs support.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I say no to Gullit but yes to Tigana on the basis of past records.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

temitope wrote:1.AyoAkinfe
2. AyoAkinfe

Funny how the chief pro FC supporter hasnt even put 1 name down. Typical armchair supporter that sits at his PC all day typing "lets achieve this and lets do that" without setting solid plans and foundations. Oya, Ayo and others name your candidate now!
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

superwinger wrote:
2. AyoAkinfe

Funny how the chief pro FC supporter hasnt even put 1 name down. Typical armchair supporter that sits at his PC all day typing "lets achieve this and lets do that" without setting solid plans and foundations. Oya, Ayo and others name your candidate now!
Ayo has already put down the name of Glen Hoddle on a different thread he opened. He does not really contribute to threads he did not open.
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

So far we have the following:

1. Bruno Metsu
2. Henri Kasperczak
3. Tigana

Five forumers have come up with only three candidates between them even though everyone was ment to name 3 each. So much for the abundance of FCs queing at our door.
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

Shownoja, will Glen Hoddle either take the Southampton job or the Eagles? Which do you think?
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

YUJAM wrote:Bruno Metsu
Henri Kasperczak (sp?)
YUJAM, don't just list names. Tell us how Nigeria is going to pay for their services.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

superwinger wrote:Shownoja, will Glen Hoddle either take the Southampton job or the Eagles? Which do you think?
Direct the question to Ayo Akinfe, na im put the man name down oo, no be me. From what I know of Glen, he will not touch the job with a badge pole.
superwinger
Egg
Egg

Post by superwinger »

1naija wrote:
YUJAM wrote:Bruno Metsu
Henri Kasperczak (sp?)
YUJAM, don't just list names. Tell us how Nigeria is going to pay for their services.

As usual the Pro FC supporters begin to stumble and fumble like mumus! I would personally like to see CCC continue with Kadiri Ikhana sent for trainning and development ready to take over should he fail.
Shownoja
Egg
Egg

Post by Shownoja »

People really need to know one thing. If we insist on paying $30,000 per month to a FC, that is a whooping $660,000 for a 2 year contract. In naira terms that equates to N110,880,000. That is a lot of whack to go and get from a private sponsor to pay 1 whiteman.

Not too many will be willing to part with this kind of money, and let us assume that they do, what will they want in return. Nothing goes for nothing you know.
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

superwinger wrote:
2. AyoAkinfe

Not everyone is on CE all day reading useless threads such as these. You wait half an hour and get impatient about Ayo not answering. Sad.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

EW, what is there to respond to here? I have listed candidates for the past two years. On one occassion, I even pasted a list of out of contract coaches here.

Just for the record, however, I will indulge these silly people once more. There are two categories:

World Class coaches who Ideally I would want
(1) Marcelo Lippi
(2) Giovanni Trapatonni
(3) Ottmar Hitzveld
(4) Luis Van Gaal
(5) Fabio Capello
(6) Phillipe Troussier
(7) Aime Jacquet
(8) Rinus Michels
(9) Mario Zagallo
(10) Vicente Del Bosque

However, more realistically, the Nigerian shortlist will look something like this:

(1) Glenn Hoddle
(2) Ruud Guillit
(3) Tomislav Ivic
(4) Hector Cuper
(5) Alain Giresse
(6) Claude Leroy
(7) Ivica Osim
(8) Huub Stevens
(9) Roy Hodgson
(10) Marco Tardelli

Please stop mentioning Tigana guys. He has made it clear he is not interested in coaching for now. Mali (his motherland) offered him their job but he turned it down and recommended Henri Stambouli. The only African job Tigana will take is that of Mali, so we can forget about him for now.

As it appears a lot of you have too much time on your hands, I swould suggest that you thrawl through this list of free managers and make your own choice. It goes into five pages, so you should not be wanting for who to pick.

http://www.footballtransfers.co.uk/mana ... tartat=400
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Ayo in your dreams.

First of all none of those coaches would work for Nigeria unless they are guaranteed at least 1/2 million dollars. Even fewer would want to live in Nigeria. Carlos Alberto Torres is a prime example. He came saw and decided it was not worth it. Libregts could not tolerate the environment and upped one day and abandoned his contract.

Personally, the NFA and the country is wasting its time signing a 1/2 a million contract for a top foreign coach THEY CANNOT PAY. Not to talk about a foreign coach who will only be in action for 10 games per year (thats $50,000 per game).

We need to think rationally. Put that money in your own local staff. Sponsor training programs. Fund exchanges with top coaches from abroad to come give lectures in Abuja. Thats real knowledge transfer and you keep some of that investment in house instead of year-in, year-out running around the world looking for "tecknica advisa" or "foreen coach".

We need real solutions not people just throwing ideas without thinking whether they make sense or not.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

kali wrote:Ayo in your dreams.

First of all none of those coaches would work for Nigeria unless they are guaranteed at least 1/2 million dollars. Even fewer would want to live in Nigeria. Carlos Alberto Torres is a prime example. He came saw and decided it was not worth it. Libregts could not tolerate the environment and upped one day and abandoned his contract.

Personally, the NFA and the country is wasting its time signing a 1/2 a million contract for a top foreign coach THEY CANNOT PAY. Not to talk about a foreign coach who will only be in action for 10 games per year (thats $50,000 per game).

We need to think rationally. Put that money in your own local staff. Sponsor training programs. Fund exchanges with top coaches from abroad to come give lectures in Abuja. Thats real knowledge transfer and you keep some of that investment in house instead of year-in, year-out running around the world looking for "tecknica advisa" or "foreen coach".

We need real solutions not people just throwing ideas without thinking whether they make sense or not.
I agree with your programme but you fail to realise it is a long term one. It should be started but the project wil take at least 10 years to yield dividends.

We should be looking at an IC for say 2015 but until then, no one is ready. I hope the likes of Mutiu Adepoju, Uche Okechukwu, Samson Siasia, etc get the ball rolling by going on European coaching courses.

Listening to Keshi just tells you have far we have to catch up. In the short term, there is no IC fit to clean Zaki's boots. Now that is what I call an IC, not all these civil servants.
Pemba
Egg
Egg

Post by Pemba »

Ayo,

Its not a long one except in your mind.

By the way, quit applying double standards with coaches. You have already started worshipping Badou Zaki without looking at the similarities between Zaki and our coaches like CCC. FYI, both these guys were star players who made the successful jump into coaching.
HAWKEYE
Egg
Egg

Post by HAWKEYE »

Since Tigana will probably only coach his native Mali in Africa, I beg to suggest Ricky Owubokiri. This is a cross between LC and FC - i.e. he 's local boy but with foreign coaching credentials. There will be no inferiority complex (a malaise of present crop, 'cept AO,) to the "big buck earning guys" 'cos the dude runs his own academy.

THIS SHOULD SETTLE THE IMBROGLIO BETWEEN THE IC AND FC SUPPORTERS.
CAPTAIN HAWKINS
Blakes
Egg
Egg

Post by Blakes »

HAWKEYE wrote:Since Tigana will probably only coach his native Mali in Africa, I beg to suggest Ricky Owubokiri. This is a cross between LC and FC - i.e. he 's local boy but with foreign coaching credentials. There will be no inferiority complex (a malaise of present crop, 'cept AO,) to the "big buck earning guys" 'cos the dude runs his own academy.

THIS SHOULD SETTLE THE IMBROGLIO BETWEEN THE IC AND FC SUPPORTERS.
I dont know this guy u are talking about but please give more detail on him..he sounds interesting
Climb the ladder to succes, escalator style
-Biggie
Eagle Winged

Post by Eagle Winged »

Blakes, see here and here.